• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Nets *Possible 1st round playoff matchup" Will Brook Lopez give hawks problem?

Spursfanpeacemaker

If Hawks and Nets do face each other in 1st round playoff.. Do you guys think that Brook Lopez size and length will give Hawks a lot problems like rebounding?

Brook Lopez is 7 footer, he's taller than Al Horford and Paul Millsap. Isaiah Thomas just said tonight on TNT that Nets will be a tough a matchup for Hawks because of Brook Lopez size and length.. Do you guys agree? Can Al Horford and Paul millsap contain and stop Brook Lopez? Will rebounding be a problem for Hawks against the Nets in the playoffs?

This maybe a situation where your just going to have to let Brook get his. The worst thing he can do to us is get Al and Paul into foul trouble. If he gets a double/double so be it. Al and Paul can do that as well. Just dont focus so much on him that the bigs pick up early fouls and put themselves on the bench.The question should be can Lopez defend Al and Paul not vice versa.

• Like 1

If Isaiah said it then it must be true right?

If Brook Lopez was Anthony Davis or Marc Gasol I might be worried, but Brook Lopez is Brook Lopez...and Al Horford is Al Horford..... so we are good. Size doesnt make a guy better, especially 1 inch, but you know what does? Talent, Effort, and Focus.

I dont want to face the Nets not because of Lopez, but because it would mean we are picking outside of the lottery this summer. Thats it. Everything else is inconsequential

• Like 2

Lopez will get his on offense and he will also do a terrible job of defending our bigs on defense. Our PGs will get in to the paint at will against deron and jack.

As expected, all of the commentators are picking against the Hawks. I saw Avery Johnson say that the Pacers could upset the Hawks in round 1 if paul george is able to come back and play 15 minutes per game.

• Premium Member

If Hawks and Nets do face each other in 1st round playoff.. Do you guys think that Brook Lopez size and length will give Hawks a lot problems like rebounding?

Brook Lopez is 7 footer, he's taller than Al Horford and Paul Millsap. Isaiah Thomas just said tonight on TNT that Nets will be a tough a matchup for Hawks because of Brook Lopez size and length.. Do you guys agree? Can Al Horford and Paul millsap contain and stop Brook Lopez? Will rebounding be a problem for Hawks against the Nets in the playoffs?

my thoughts are that Lopez lacks toughness.  I think Al andvSapp will bully him. enough.  Hollins' main job was to make Lopez ak tough 7 footer.  Im more worried aboutbtheir wing play.

• Premium Member

I'm not worried about Lopez. He can score, but can't defend or rebound to save his life. If he gets his 20, Paul and Al will get their 30.

I am worried about the refereeing, tho. It's getting old and annoying to see Millsap get hacked EVERY SINGLE TIME he goes to the hole. We get no love from the refs.

• Like 4

No.  The eggs have been spouting this same nonsense since the beginning of the year.  First it was DET, then it was WAS, then it was CLE (with Wilt Chamberlain/Bill Russell aka Mozgov), now it's BKN.  On and on and on.

First it was one of the many excuses as to why our wins were flukes.  "Oh, just wait til they see a team with size, blah, blah, blah".  Now it's the go-to reason we'll fail in the playoffs.  It's lazy analysis and it's sickening.  They just look at the opponet's center and say, "Oh he's over 6'9", he'll demolish the Hawks single-handedly."

Long story short, no need to listen to any of their "analysis".  None of them watch Hawks games and the one's that do watch, do so with a biased eye.

Budz philosophy is for guys to get back on defense which depresses OReb #'s.  He's said additional rebounding woes were mainly due to the wings not doing their jobs.  It's not all on Al/Sap by design.  Thabo being back will help significantly.

All that said, the Nets could be troublesome but it'll be due to their wings being active defensively and running our guys off of shots.

• Moderators

Lopez can score but is a sorry, sorry rebounder for his size so that doesn't concern me overly much.  The reasons I don't want to face them in the first round have nothing to do with matchups on the court.

• Like 1

We need to play with space AND pace, and defend, defend, defend.

We won all these games because of our defense.

Is Brook back starting or coming off the bench? Pero has a big body to defend him.

Lopez cried during the 08 draft when he wasn't being selected as high as he thought he would go. Thus, everytime I see him I laugh. If I was an opposing player id punk him everytime. Just like the movie Waterboy when Wrinkler sees Red he pictures a baby, that's Lopez to me. Let's just beat them twice in the final two weeks and put them out of their misery and then face an old nemesis the Celtics in the playoffs and do the same there.

• Moderators

All I know is that if we take care of business and beat them the 2 final games we play in the regular season then this probably won't even be possible. 

Those two games should be the biggest on our remaining schedule.

• Like 1

If we prefer to play Brooklyn over other 8 seeds, any thought to deliberately losing those games? At this point I'm more concerned about an easy first round opponent than picking two spots higher.

2 spots higher or maybe a top 3 pick...

ANYYYYTHINGS POSSSSIBBBLEEEEE-kg 2007

Shout out to peanut

If we prefer to play Brooklyn over other 8 seeds, any thought to deliberately losing those games? At this point I'm more concerned about an easy first round opponent than picking two spots higher.

We're not going very far if any of the possible 8 seeds give us a tough series. We should beat any of them in 5 if we're going to make a finals push