• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So it`s going to be Washington

LamarHampton

I know the series isn`t over, but no team has ever overcome a 3-0 deficit, so yeah, it`s over.

Your thoughts/concerns/predictions?

I am glad we wont be facing the Raptors. We haven't fared well against them this year and have done really well vs. Washington.

That said, Washington is playing really well.

And I hate Paul Pierce because he always seems to have big games vs. our guys.

I actually expected the Raps to make more of a series about it, thus wearing down both potential opponents.

I have the Hawks in 6. Maybe 7. Dont want to expend a lot of energy or effort on these guys. But they are playing well.

Edited by LamarHampton

I'm probably amongst the minority here but I would rather have the Wiz polish off the Raps and have to sit and wait for us for a few extra days. Not saying I want the Nets series to go 6 or 7 but 5 might be ideal. Just my opinion. It gives the Wiz a chance to cool off.

It's just a weird matchup thing. The Wizards have no depth versus us, and we actually have a defensive philosophy that forces Wall into mistakes instead of making him look like an MVP.

I'm glad we won't be seeing the Raptors, I fear Lou more than anyone on the Wizards. Our backup PG is Dennis, theirs is Ramon Sessions. We've done well on the glass versus them all year, I expect 5 games.

• Like 2

Few thoughts and questions on the Wiz..

1. Does Randy Wittman have a glass eye? One of his eyes looks a little to glossy.

2. Is Otto Porter one of Wilt Chamberlain's 237 kids? Sure looks like a young Wilt.

3. Paulette Pierce

2014 Brooklyn: "That's why they brought me here"

2015 Washington: "That's why they brought me here"

2018 Palm Springs retirement home: "That's why they brought me here"

Raptors just have no answer for Paul Pierce at PF. Jason Kidd did it last year and now Randy Wittman is duplicating it. Nice to know that the Wizards aren't trying to beat a dead horse by forcing their size on you, they are adapting but it's fine by me, it's still within the Hawks' wheelhouse.

Let the team finish off these last two games in NY first without any more......casualties.

• Like 2

I just hope the Hawks are not the first top seed to lose their first  game in the Eastern Conference. It would look bad that The Cavs, Wiz, and Bulls have all went up 3-0 against their opponents and we end up 2-1.   Are the Nets playing better than the Bucks, Raps, and Celtics?  or are the Hawks just not performing well in the playoffs?  We need to wake the Heck up and play Hawks brand of ball like we did during the regular season.  If we can't stop Jarrett Jack from getting in the paint we sure as heck won't stop John Wall.

Edited by Blunt91

• Premium Member

I just hope the Hawks are not the first top seed to lose their first game in the Eastern Conference. It would look bad that The Cavs, Wiz, and Bulls have all went up 3-0 against their opponents and we end up 2-1. Are the Nets playing better than the Bucks, Raps, and Celtics? or are the Hawks just not performing well in the playoffs? We need to wake the Heck up and play Hawks brand of ball like we did during the regular season. If we can't stop Jarrett Jack from getting in the paint we sure as heck won't stop John Wall.

Fwiw, the raptors are the 4th seed. It doesn't matter how we win the series, just that we win it and stay healthy.

• Premium Member

The Wiz are playing well at the right time and that makes them DANGEROUS with the talent they have on that squad. The Hawks need to get back to midseason form on both sides of the ball and I mean fast. Of course the Hawks shouldn't 'fear' the Wiz, but I'm a little worried because of how they handled the Raps in Toronto. The Hawks will need to punch these guys in the mouth early to let them know this will be a different series. No sluggish starts or letting them back in games to let them think they have a chance.

NJHAWK:  N.Y. made sure we wouldn't have Thabo.

If and when we do meet Washington, know that Paul Pierce is a star, he gets star treatment

and right now he's hot.  He always has had the uncanny ability to draw those fouls, especially

when there is the opportunity to have those "And one - -!" against your best player.  I didn't

love him as a Celtic and my feeling is no better now.

Hawks have, to date, not had everyone playing at 100 %.  DMC just had a terrible shooting night.

Apparently, he followed the example of Millsap in the first game.  If the Hawks can muddle through

the first round and win it, perhaps, if we meet Washington, we can be hitting on all cylinders.

GO TEAM ATL!

Fwiw, the raptors are the 4th seed. It doesn't matter how we win the series, just that we win it and stay healthy.

Yeah I know the are a 4th seed I was just saying they are the higher seed in their matchup. All the higher seeds in their matchups have won every game, we almost lost the other night.  

I cannot understand why a coach would not play a player who was instrumental in them routing a team.  I am talking about Bud not playing Muscala.  Muscala has earned playing time in the rotation just because Pero and Mike Scott are back do not mean they should get more minutes while he sits on the sidelines.

• Like 4

The key differences between us and Toronto vs Washington are at PG and PF.  

Toronto has no answer for Pierce while Millsap will do just fine against him defensively and should get the best of him on offense.

Wall is an overrated defender and Lowry's complete suckiness has hidden this in round 1.  Wall won't have that luxury in round 2 and he will be forced to constantly work on defense while trying to keep up with Teague and Schröder.

• Like 1

The key differences between us and Toronto vs Washington are at PG and PF.  

Toronto has no answer for Pierce while Millsap will do just fine against him defensively and should get the best of him on offense.

Wall is an overrated defender and Lowry's complete suckiness has hidden this in round 1.  Wall won't have that luxury in round 2 and he will be forced to constantly work on defense while trying to keep up with Teague and Schröder.

Those are pretty much my thoughts too.  While my gut feeling is that PPierce is a jerk. I do admire his competitiveness.  That said - I think this first round series will be his "moment in the sun".  Our defense will frustrate him a bunch.  I wouldn't be surprised if he gets kicked out of a game.