• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Wizards GAME 4 (7 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

I don't think I can watch another game where Kyle is shut down. It throws everyone off course except Dennis, especially Bud. Not to mention this leaky defense that can't string two stops together because Will Bynum and Ramon Sessions are driving at will. Smh, the 19-0 Squad is long gone.

Still, Let's Go.

GRIPE!  GRIPE!  GRIPE!

But, we won!  However it happened, Hawks won.

Except for those - - - Paul Pierce for threeee! - - It wouldn't have been close.

Man, they combined to hit a ton or two of their three pointers, didn't they.

Two of three at home now.  Gotta take two more.

GO!  GO!  GO !!

!  !  ! 

• Like 3

An aggressive Teague was all we needed.

Man you couldn't have said it better! That's all we needed!

Teague is so important in this Spurs like offense! I would like that to change but he's the only starter that can penetrate like that since we don't have a ginobli but all in all great game!

We got lucky Pierce didn't hut that wide open 3 at the end but again a win is a win! Also glad the offense got back to the norm throughout the whole game....we need to focus on defense more.

Carroll need to really get Pierce out of the game offensively and whoever is guarding beal need to just put more force on him to try to take over offensively by himself.

2 wins away from the ECF Squawk! And home court advantage is back in the ATL! All we need to do is take care of home!

• Like 1

the two point guard lineup is ineffective

What was ineffective was holding the ball until 10 seconds were left on the clock before deciding to do anything with it, instead of running our normal offensive sets. Not running a 2 PG lineup.

Great win by our guys. That first half was an offensive clinic. The Wizards' defense adjusted and they made a run, but we found a way to pull it out on the road. Great win and great game by Teague and Millsap.

Korver was terrible tonight. Couldn't find his shot. Got beat off the dribble over and over. More Bazemore please.

We have control of this series again. Let's get a win at home and win the series in their floor. I'd love to see Pierce walking off the Verizon Center floor after a game 6 loss.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

More thoughts:

we can't put Korver on Beal. Move Korver to SF and let Bazemore guard Beal.

The two point guard lineup almost always works for us. We need that.

More Scott and less Antić.

I liked the way Muscala played tonight as well. Honestly I can't see why Antić get the minutes he does. I agree Bazemore needs to play more. Korver at small foward where is Carroll going to play if Bazemore comes in? I would put Korver on the bench more.Maybe things change when the Hawks are at home. Korver is ok but he needs to up his game since he isn't stopping anyone on defense. I like the up tempo. This next game is huge so hopefully some home cooking will do the Hawks well.   

So many non calls for us, we could've easily pulled away if they called something on Nene. Then Muscala got called for nothing on defense, he gets screwed so often because he isn't a big name. Terrible officiating but we fought through that.

We had some luck though since the Wiz weren't scoring at will either in the 4th. And how does nobody help on Pierce and leave him that wide open??? Even if DMC was knocked down the big needs to step up.

There's a reason the Wiz beat Toronto 4-0, they are hot from the arc in these playoffs. Our big first half helped us manage to hang on with some key Teague and Horford buckets down the stretch. Maybe Bud got a little panicky with his coaching but a tied series coming home will hopefully help him calm down and help get the Hawks some rhythm.

• Like 1

Good win tonight. Both pg's were spectacular out there with their aggression and passing.

Sap had a good bounce back game and Al was finally hitting that mid range shot

Good minutes from Moose and Baze

Jeff said in the post game interview that the days off really helped his ankle and knee. I knew he had some ankle issues but I didnt know about the knee. He has to bring this effort into the next game

DMC really struggled on both ends tonight. I hope he is ok by Wednesday

Jeff has been catching a lot of criticism but Korver has been just as bad. He was awful tonight. Not getting  or hitting a lot of shots and getting absolutely smoked on defense. They have to take him off Beal. I have never seen Beal attack off the dribble as much as he is doing against Kyle. Put Kyle on Pierce and let DMC and Baze cover Beal.

And Im not one to complain about refs but man they have been awful these two playoff series

They allowed Lopez to get away with a bunch of  3 second calls, over the backs, travels. and illegal screens in the first round

They are allowing the Wizards to be physical with us but anytime we touch them we get called for fouls. Hard enough to beat teams in the playoffs as it is but a lot harder when you have to play through so many bad calls.  How Nene wasn't called for a foul on that screen against DMC I have no idea.

Edited by Sarcatic1
  • Like 2

Great win! Hawks were really well prepared for game 4. Starters played better compared the last game. Playing for each other, not doing by themselves too much, they did that for full 48 minutes, it's like the hawks i saw in regular season when they were in hot streak. Im glad to see them to play like that again. 

My man crush on Teague is also back. He is one of my favorite point guards in the nba because he's really underrated, and he's such a laid back dude and emotionless even after making his big time shots. I think teague realized now that he needs to be aggressive every game to keep his team going.. It's one of the big reasons why Coach Bud chose Jeff teague to be the head of the snake of this team. Jeff has the ability to read the opponents defense really well, he can either attack the basket or create plays for his teammates.

Dennis played great, his aggresiveness is always there and he's always on attack mode. I just would like to see him to be more in control, and making more good decisions, taking care the ball more and not forcing a turnover.

Give some credit to Moose too. His size and length really help his team on the defensive end. Setting screens for Jeff and Dennis is huge too, he gives the team more momentum.

Overall great team win, Hawks responded really well after losing in game 3! Series its not over yet, time to prepare for game 5!

Go Hawks Go! 

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker
  • Like 1

I'm with everyone asking about Mike Scott.  I know he hasn't been great in the regular season but he was a more efficient player than Pero in the regular season and it wasn't close.  You'd think after game 3, Bud would have put him back in the rotation but alas.  And, Scott is the one with years left on his contract.  I can't figure this one.

Edited by bumpyphish1

I don't know what Paul has done to be getting Iversonned by the refs. It just gets a tad bit too coincidental that when he comes out aggressive and effective on offense (despite receiving no calls) that he all of a sudden begins to receive a string of phantom or borderline fouls on defense. I mean, it's hard to believer he's said or done anything because he's so reserved but I guess it's the quiet ones you always gotta watch out for.

• Like 1