• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tim Hardaway Jr is a Hawk

ATLHawks3

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, AHF said:

To be real, he is shooting the hell out of the ball and doing his Kyle Korver impression on the rest of the floor (limited production elsewhere).  The good news is that solid positional defense and good shooting is good enough!  You don't have to pretend that he is an all-around beast.   He is plenty good enough being who he is right now.

He is among the least productive on entire team in assists, rebounds, steals, and blocks.  His defense has improved from beyond woeful to decent.  He has shot like crap the entire season until the last 10 games where he has been on fire.  Because of his limited playing time this year, it doesn't take much to move the needle on the numbers and he has improved to 42.9% (career high!) from the floor and 33% from 3pt range.

If the last 10 games constitutes a season then I'm all in on him.  He's hot right now and looking good.  I am actually very happy with the improvement we've been seeing.

Lets see where he goes with this for the rest of the year and actually focus on what he does before getting too over the moon and proclaim him the new NBA career leader in shooting, passing, dishing, rebounding, steals, defending, etc.

During his March hot streak he is averaging:

1.6 FTA per game

1.6 rebounds per game

0.7 assists per game

0.6 steals per game

0.0 blocks per game

That isn't all around excellence but when you add in his low turnovers, solid positional D and high shooting numbers it looks very good.  

Tim Junior, if you're reading this, you need to know that you've got one of the leading skeptics of the draft night trade pointing out your positive trends... quite the accomplishment in itself.  So... DON'T blow this good karma sent your way...validate it. 

• Like 2

He's rediscovered his rookie year form offensively this season and has been better defensively than he was that season. I said if he was more like his rookie year it'd be a decent pickup but the price paid for it still doesn't really make a lot of sense.

Update on how Tim Hardaway Jr has done with 15+ mins a game:

8.8 PTS/2.6 REB/1.2 AST/0.7 STL on 52.5% FG/37.1% 3PT/90.9% FT.

Not bad, not bad at all and it’s now in 23 games. If he can finish relatively strong over the next 11 games, 34 games is a fairly decent sample size.

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Update on how Tim Hardaway Jr has done with 15+ mins a game:

8.8 PTS/2.6 REB/1.2 AST/0.7 STL on 52.5% FG/37.1% 3PT/90.9% FT.

Not bad, not bad at all and it’s now in 23 games. If he can finish relatively strong over the next 11 games, 34 games is a fairly decent sample size.

If you are trying to build a sample on his shooting, I'd use the 191 games he has played in the NBA over 23 games in the last two months fitting certain criteria.

If he keeps this up, he will have plenty of data in Atlanta by the time he hits free agency and it becomes a $$ issue.

17 hours ago, Sothron said:

This whole homer vs hater thing is getting kinda old tbh. We're all fans of the same team. No one is rooting for a Hawks player to be bad just to be right on a freaking internet message board. I've seen this same cycle repeat itself for years over various players or coaches.

FWIW I don't lump you as a hater.

I just think you need a big hug every once in awhile.  Now come here, you grumpy old man!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I just think you need a big hug every once in awhile.  Now come here, you grumpy old man!

giphy.gif

Is that Marty Funkhouser? Lol.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

giphy.gif

Please. I generally appreciate the brotherhood/sisterhood around here, but too much of this and you're going to drive me to find exodus on some Wizards board and beg him to come back.

;)

• Like 4

16 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

giphy.gif

I think we should all give @Sothron an awkward hug.  Here's mines ...

Hug it out

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I can't do the gifs thing at work thanks to IT blocking (almost) every site on the net but thanks for the hugs lol

In case you're wondering, @Spud2Nique is the one squeezing your butt.  That's just how he rolls apparently.