• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tim Hardaway Jr is a Hawk

ATLHawks3

9 minutes ago, hazer said:

I wish Scott was more consistent. When he's on he looks like a damn all-star, when he's off he looks like he doesn't belong in the league...

Taken literally I think that this applies to every player, but I get what you are saying

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hazer said:

The Shredder, THJr, Thabo, Scott, Horf lineup has been pretty unstoppable.

I love Bud as a coach but I think he gives our starters too long of a leash sometimes. The first 6 minutes of a game can really set the tone for the night, and our first 5 are making our bench play from behind far too often. Yet they have consistently risen to the occasion and have rarely played us out of a game. While Al and Paul are clearly better than the guys behind them, there isn't much of a difference between Teague and Schröder, Kyle and THJ, and Baze and Thabo. You could almost play those guys 24 mins a piece every night and see no drop off in our performance level. Also does anyone else notice that Al and Paul do not play well next to each other anymore. They both do wayyy better when the other is off the floor. Otherwise they tend to just settle for jumpers when playing alongside each other. Al in that bench line up get heavy pick and roll action and Dennis sets him up way better. Plus the on ball defense led by Dennis' full court press sparks a lot of turnovers and easy points. That lineup could start for us and we would not play from behind nearly as much as we do now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Taken literally I think that this applies to every player, but I get what you are saying

That's all players, but extremely so for Great Scott. There are nights where I want to post "Scott is SO much better than anybody gives him credit for, such a diamond find in the 2nd round rough." Then he drops off the edge of the Earth and I'm glad I didn't post it. He's the most schizo player I've ever seen, with flashes of starter shown quite often. Not sure if he'll ever be able to consistently put it all together to reach that level he's capable of...

1 hour ago, hazer said:

That's all players, but extremely so for Great Scott. There are nights where I want to post "Scott is SO much better than anybody gives him credit for, such a diamond find in the 2nd round rough." Then he drops off the edge of the Earth and I'm glad I didn't post it. He's the most schizo player I've ever seen, with flashes of starter shown quite often. Not sure if he'll ever be able to consistently put it all together to reach that level he's capable of...

Like tonight :blink:

On March 26, 2016 at 6:30 AM, Spud2Nique said:

This is what usually goes through my head when Timmy squares up for a shot...

image.gif

2-5 and then a 1-8 last night.

People still think he's some awesome basketball player?

1 hour ago, Alex said:

2-5 and then a 1-8 last night.

People still think he's some awesome basketball player?

Get back to us when you actually watch the games.....

3 hours ago, hazer said:

Get back to us when you actually watch the games.....

It works both ways.  You homers can't go nuts over a tiny sample size when he does well and then dismiss when he struggles.  

I'm going to say it one more time. Throw his college stats away as that's usually playground ball. The only sources of information we need to be looking at is his rookie year before he hit a wall (a Knicks fan said he was very good offensively in his rookie season and struggled due to injuries last season) and this year. The conclusion on him has not been written yet, although I will say I doubt he's ever a full time starter.

52 minutes ago, Alex said:

It works both ways.  You homers can't go nuts over a tiny sample size when he does well and then dismiss when he struggles.  

It's kind of funny that you wrote this. Just ironic is all.

38 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

It's kind of funny that you wrote this. Just ironic is all.

I was thinking the same thing and was just gonna let his post sit there and stew without responding to it :approved:

• Like 1

• Moderators

I don't believe in just tossing out any of the numbers.  Definitely don't believe in looking only at his best stretches or only his worst.  He was never as good a shooter as he was in March and never as bad as he was early this year.  

• Moderators

A few great games or a few terrible games shouldn't determine anything for him.  Big picture, he is now sitting at 41.9% FG% and 32.2% 3pt% this season.  The first is very unexciting the second is below the mendoza line.  

Hopefully he rebounds from this and goes back to shooting a consistent 44% / 38% sort of line.  Speaking of line - that is the other thing he can do that Korver actually can't.  Hardaway only had 1 FTA in the last two games.  Getting to the line more often will help soften the games where his shooting is off the mark.  Looking for more of that from THJr.

• Like 3

I’ll give my actual opinion on what this trade was. Trade value still doesn’t make sense to me but if Hardaway Jr can play more like his rookie year it’s not the worst pickup. Could’ve probably tried to get him for a second rounder and then it would’ve made more sense.

If Oubre/Portis/RHJ/Anderson turn out to be very good NBA players down the road then it makes even less sense to burn a first rounder. My pick on the board at 19 (I think) would have likely been RHJ and see if his shot could’ve been fixed or Anderson. Then call NYK and see if they’ll take a second rounder for THJ…