• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Hawks at Trail Blazers

lethalweapon3

Great win! looking forward to next game against Sac tommorow

My only rant from this game is that Schröder needs to be more in control, make better decisions,  and not get too reckless, he playing  way too aggresive. But overall good team win!

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker
  • Like 2

A real good win.

Sap and Baze were huge tonight. Its crazy how Sap cant get any calls but he gets called for phantom fouls constantly.

Al and Jeff had good games. I think Jeff's ankles are fine now. That burst of speed, explosion, and ability to change speeds were on full display tonight

I thought Bud stuck with the bench too long. I know they had been playing well recently but tonight was not their night. I was screaming at the t.v. for Bud to get Dennis out the game. His shot selection tonight was abysmal. It was bad shot after bad shot after bad shot. There were too many possessions  were the ball did not move and he just ended up taking a bad shot early in the clock. Thats how Portland got back in the game in the 4th.  I know he will bounce back and play better the next game but I think games like tonight is why so many are weary of handing over the keys to him

Good win. on to the next one

5 hours ago, benhillboy said:

The Warriors are just stupid good.  I don't even think of their three point shooting anymore.  Their team defense, back cutting, and total nullification of opposing Cs are more impressive. If they can turn the ridiculous Spurs Big depth into a disadvantage, that would be beyond all logic or explanation.  Even @Spud2Nique will have to give it up.

Hopefully our guys get a wind of what's going on and try to duplicate a dominant performance on prime time against a much inferior opponent.  

Gotta give Jalen props for calling out Al though.  No reason at all to be well under 18 and 9.

If the Hawks get knocked out of the playoffs I'm rooting Spurs or OKC or anybody to beat the Warriors. I agree they are great but annoy me to no end. :-( Can't stand Draymond and now Curry and Klay are cocky...uuuggghh

10 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Mike Scott, the emoji translator lol...gotta love it. Great game thread as always lw3! I think we take this one by...oh I'll just show you guys...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Dang I was close....106-100 came out 104-98....if these video games continue to be accurate I'm putting $ on the games lol

7 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Why would anyone hate Steph Curry?

Oh wait. Forgot these are Hawks fans and would rather gush over a guy like Carmelo rather than a kid that learned to play with excellent fundamentals. 

Because he's a cocky little snit who's fooled people into thinking he's some wholesome guy.

Nobody gushes about sMelo.

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Because he's a cocky little snit who's fooled people into thinking he's some wholesome guy.

So was Jordan. And he was a MASSIVE scumbag off the court (still is).

What about Curry is indicative of him being not a good guy? Because he taunted the soft-minded Lebron?

Curry learned how to get open, shoot and handle the ball. Something that 85% of the NBA cannot perfect.  He is AWESOME at basketball and the best player in the solar system. But I guess people would rather watch James Harden get half his points from the line by just barreling into people and hoping for a call? 

• Like 1

Can someone please explain something:

Why can't we have a great game from both of our point guards?  Lately, one will have a great game

and the other one will  have a greatly blah game.

In our previous game, Dennis was great and Jeff stunk.  Last night, they reversed rolls.  Dennis stunk

and Jeff played a great game.

32 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

So was Jordan. And he was a MASSIVE scumbag off the court (still is).

What about Curry is indicative of him being not a good guy? Because he taunted the soft-minded Lebron?

Curry learned how to get open, shoot and handle the ball. Something that 85% of the NBA cannot perfect.  He is AWESOME at basketball and the best player in the solar system. But I guess people would rather watch James Harden get half his points from the line by just barreling into people and hoping for a call? 

Man, you're all over the place.  Who said anything about Harden?

I'll just say this, none of those guys lack in arrogance, cockiness, etc.  Curry's not any different.  He just wears it better than the rest of them.  I enjoy watching them play but I'm not gonna faun over Curry as if he's some great guy.

I pride myself on being open-minded so I can see how Curry and Green rub people the wrong way.  I also feel like a great judge of character and think they're attitudes couldn't be better to foster a winning attitude from their team.  

Even with the same skill sets, if Steph had the inconsistent, ho-hum focus of Jeff of Draymond allowed his monetary situation to affect his play like Al they'd be in the lower half of the West playoff race with no fanfare.  They have to have a little edge to offset their drawbacks.  Both undersized, questionable draft stock, rookie head coaches 3 times over? (seriously, I think Walton is better than Kerr)  

I count maybe 6-8 teams with more talent.  Harry would just be a guy on most other teams, Bogut was a career underachiever, Iggy can't shoot, and Livingston returned from the dead.  Klay is slightly overrated but I can appreciate a guy who moves quicker on defense than offense.  Ezeli probably couldn't play for us and 50 year old Barbosa?  Point is, the "smugness" of Curry and Green has driven this team from pretty good to monumentally historic.

Someone mentioned Ed Davis earlier, he was a topic in the offseason. Clearly Bud doesn't want to kick any tires on rugged rebounders, just get hurt by them.  I can feel him, though.  His most valued quality in a Big is overall awareness, not size or toughness.  It looks bad at times in the short run and in certain matchups, but it's better in the long run.  Besides DeMarre it's what paced us in a struggle playoff run versus 7 footers Lopez and the 2 in Washington when they were still alive.

Dennis had some lapses but still much better overall than Teague, but what else is new.  Just based on raw +/-, a few more minutes for Jeff wouldve likely sent us to overtime for even more McCullogh jumpers.

Baze played very well to offset a good showing from Aminu.

Hopefully Dwayne Casey plays Sap like a starter in the AS Game because most outlets recognize he should be there for the tip off.

So much for the good +/- run for Hardaway.  Let's Go.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'm really starting to like your posts :-)

vor 2 Stunden, Gray Mule sagte:

Can someone please explain something:

Why can't we have a great game from both of our point guards?  Lately, one will have a great game

and the other one will  have a greatly blah game.

In our previous game, Dennis was great and Jeff stunk.  Last night, they reversed rolls.  Dennis stunk

and Jeff played a great game.

The offensive production was a Tale of Two Halfs with Dennis. In the first he was +10, in the second  -10.  Where Atlanta got a 10 point lead with Dennis, which evaporated quickly under Teague. Same story the other way around in the 3rd. But all in all, the words of the Blazers coach at the end of the 3rd say enough, who laid out the penetration of bothe Teague and Schröder hurting them. Dennis did some good things to help earn this win.

However. I do have a real concern, in that this game was broadcasted nation-wide and I did see some wannabe-star reckless moves by Dennis in the 3rd. I think Dennis thought he has some leverage to do some crazy things on nation-wide TV to gather attention, after his actually stellar but maybe somewhat subdued first half. This on it itself isnt so worrysome, specially as we wone the game. But he needs to be called out for that now, as this could be his idea of playing a second half in a play-off game on nation-wide TV. You could see how after one stupid Dennis action, you see Splitter doing something stupid, as if its OK when everybody does it and if not getting touches from your PG otherwise.

Be a grown up when leading Dennis. Let the game come to you and so the attention will.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm really starting to like your posts :-)

Eh, 'bout time you got on board with my eggcellence.

On a totally unrelated note, does anyone know how to add a quote to your sig? :biggrin:

32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eh, 'bout time you got on board with my eggcellence.

On a totally unrelated note, does anyone know how to add a quote to your sig? :biggrin:

Hey, any time you agree with me, how can I not like it? :-) 

oh no, no wisdom quotes...lol

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Man, you're all over the place.  Who said anything about Harden?

I'll just say this, none of those guys lack in arrogance, cockiness, etc.  Curry's not any different.  He just wears it better than the rest of them.  I enjoy watching them play but I'm not gonna faun over Curry as if he's some great guy.

I respect Curry's skills.  I can't speak for his character because I don't really follow him.  I'm kind of "meh" on the Warriors, although I can't really think of any team I like or want to see do good this season outside of the Hawks.

Honestly, all I could think of was the same as you.....how did Harden and Melo get dragged into this?