• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With Whiz, Jeff! Ask for One With Whiz!

lethalweapon3

Well we konw Tiago can play the 4, some articles out there about how good we were when he was playing healthy this year, some ridiculous outscoring going on when he was on the court.  Apparently he seems pretty convinced hell be back - Assuming he plays how good he did last year or better thats a pretty good big rotation keeping horford of course.  If we get Noel as well,  it starts to get a little crowded - But we might not miss as much if he stays and we trade Millsap obviously.  That is pretty solid still, Im not sure we can get Galinari or Hayward but those would be the first choices, seems like that would be hard to do - we def would have to pick up a close to all star sf.   Theres only a few that it could work with but I dont know the wing situations on those teams if they have someone to replace one of those guys  if there are - give me an example - say the nuggets, who takes over at SF if Galinari leaves. 

24 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

If Noel comes to Atlanta, the Celtics wish list looks better, but i know THIS aint happening.  

http://www.celticslife.com/2016/02/celtics-sign-al-horford-kevin-durant.html

CS%2BKD%2BHORFORD%2BHUDDLE.jpg

That is a dream for Boston. Sadly for them, Horford is here to stay. From Koonin. This is much ado about nothing 

• Moderators

Celtics are funny.  

"Come leave your better team and join a roster where your next best player is immediately worse than the next best guy on your old team.  No really, you want this!"

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, macdaddy said:

So you're longing for the old Horf who snagged rebounds and you would rather pay Ryan Anderson than trade for Noel?   Makes sense.

No... I said, If we do the trade (meaning we did get Noel) I would rather sign Anderson for half the money than to resign Horf for the max.    It's the same thing right.   IF you expect Noel to BU HORF and provide the rebounding and Blocking that we don't get from Horf, wouldn't he do the same for Anderson??

Moreover, Anderson last year put up 17/6/1 with 36.6% from 3 playing as a stretch PF.. compared to Horf's 15/7/ 3 with 34% from 3.

Save the money and get a real stretch 4.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Watchman said:

I was sort of excited when I started reading about this.  I haven't seen Nerlins play that much, but with everyone talking about his rebounding, I decided to look it up.  8.1 rebounds in 30 minutes average over his first two years?   That rebounding figure does not really excite me too much.  We need a 10+ rebounds per game guy.  Don't understand all the hoopla.

It's just something to do...  People hate Teague and see an out.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@nathan2331

That's just it though. Giving Al a max deal does not prevent us from making moves this offseason.

Al's  caphold is $18, (that's what you use to figure out how much capspace is available, not the max amount). if we renounce Al to sign Barnes at $23 mil we have just reduced our working capspace by $5 mil. How much is left for Baze? We have $11 mil to left. Will he take it? 

Is that a better team?

But we don't max Al because his caphold is only 18 million.  We run the risk of the whole league finding out that Al's not worth the money and then we're stuck with him.   I don't think that Horf has set a track that shows me that over the next 4 or 5 years he will be worthy of a max (or close to max) contract for this franchise.   At which point, we're not getting better, we're just holding tight.

17 minutes ago, Diesel said:

But we don't max Al because his caphold is only 18 million.  We run the risk of the whole league finding out that Al's not worth the money and then we're stuck with him.   I don't think that Horf has set a track that shows me that over the next 4 or 5 years he will be worthy of a max (or close to max) contract for this franchise.   At which point, we're not getting better, we're just holding tight.

You're an [uninformed individual]. Seriously,  you really are.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, skimaskway23 said:

I personally want to keep horford. For everybody that doesn't want him here, at the very least he is coveted asset. There are plenty of teams willing to take on horford and his deal. 

Let's not misunderstand Skim...

IF Al was willing to come back for 19 per for the next 3 years, I would do the damn deal.  But that's not what Al wants to do.  He wants a 5 year 125 Million dollar deal.   THAT makes him expendable to us.

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I'm a step or two slow today, but did someone post this already, re: Jeffrey's contract?

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-timing-is-crucial-for-trade-kickers/

I'm still trying to compute whether that means the theoretical deal should/could/would happen in June (pre-draft/post-draft) or after July 1.

~lw3

Ya I saw this yesterday and I personally thought it meant that we have to May an extra 800k if we trade him BEFORE July 1st. Then again I could be wrong. I hope it's not significant because I think we better do a deal on or before the draft which is a week earlier. If we have to wait, we might get screwed in early FA signings etc.

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You're an uninformed individual. Seriously,  you really are.

Supes... I wish that you could see the truth and quit hugging Al's nuts so hard.. but the truth is that Al is not worth anywhere close to the max.  I would rather trade Teague and pick up D12... and let D12 and Noel play C.   Than to see us pay AL the Max for the next 5 years.

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Let's not misunderstand Skim...

IF Al was willing to come back for 19 per for the next 3 years, I would do the damn deal.  But that's not what Al wants to do.  He wants a 5 year 125 Million dollar deal.   THAT makes him expendable to us.

But the thing is, even at that price, plenty of teams would be willing to trade for him. As long as he is a commodity, the contract won't be an issue. Say Noel takes a leap next year, you can still bring in a nice haul for horford. 

Edited by skimaskway23

• Moderators

Folks, it's Friday! Chillax, y'all!

I'm calling our super-poster "Diesel-vedova," 'cause he's got me tossing warnings out to other posters left and right today!

Disagree without being disagreeable. If you cannot agree, move on! It's Friday!

Please try to restrain your posts to a discussion about the trade. If you're getting in the weeds with other posters about the merits of players not mentioned in this trade, you're straying too far off topic.

It's Friday!

~lw3

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

But the thing is, even at that price, plenty of teams would be willing to trade for him. As long as he is a commodity, the contract won't be an issue. Say Noel takes a leap next year, you can still bring in a nice haul for horford. 

You talking about Al at the Max? 

What team is going to pay a 15/7/2 C   $25 Million a year for the next 5 years when he's already over 30...   Especially one that has had 2 pec tears.

• Like 1