• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With Whiz, Jeff! Ask for One With Whiz!

lethalweapon3

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

It's early ... but I think you won the interweb today. :laugh:

Shortoralls?! :laugh:  I'm giving you a standing ovation in my office right now.  Good job, sir.

Your office? Ha. Cul de sac, everyone knows.

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

It's early ... but I think you won the interweb today. :laugh:

Shortoralls?! :laugh:  I'm giving you a standing ovation in my office right now.  Good job, sir.

@macdaddy wins - 2 consecutuve days, lololololol.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level/charles-barkley-against-trading-okafor-says-teague-noel-trade-no-brainer-sixers

Even Charles Barkley knows how good Teague is... But y'all would trade him for blow pops. smh

It's not just about Teague vs Noel though.   Teague has one year and then you'll have to pay him big bucks.   Is he going to stick with the sixers if they still suck?.   Noel is a promising big on a rookie contract.   If Noel turns into a really good big in this league (and it looks like he might) we will be benefitting from that for years whereas if we kept Teague we are deciding next year to pay him big or let him walk.   

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

It's not just about Teague vs Noel though.   Teague has one year and then you'll have to pay him big bucks.   Is he going to stick with the sixers if they still suck?.   Noel is a promising big on a rookie contract.   If Noel turns into a really good big in this league (and it looks like he might) we will be benefitting from that for years whereas if we kept Teague we are deciding next year to pay him big or let him walk.   

Its all about continuity. Teague loves his situation in Atlanta and I'm sure he won't moan and groan for more dollars. He definitely seems the type to prefer winning than getting a big payday. Jeff will turn 28 years old this Friday which is a good age for young/vet point guard. I can see him being resigned to a $13.4m - $14m contract over 4 years, which is a bargain. That would put him around a salary range of Ricky Rubio and Eric Bledsoe. Schröder isn't consistent enough for Bud to put his plan of continuity on the line. And who would really want to face Jeff Teague leading a young 76ers team in the East??!! Y'all are smoking crack!

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

Its all about continuity. Teague loves his situation in Atlanta and I'm sure he won't moan and groan for more dollars. He definitely seems the type to prefer winning than getting a big payday. Jeff will turn 28 years old this Friday which is a good age for young/vet point guard. I can see him being resigned to a $13.4m - $14m contract over 4 years, which is a bargain. That would put him around a salary range of Ricky Rubio and Eric Bledsoe. Schröder isn't consistent enough for Bud to put his plan of continuity on the line. And who would really want to face Jeff Teague leading a young 76ers team in the East??!! Y'all are smoking crack!

I hear you man but something has to be done. Teague isn't my first choice to go but the Hawks don't have many options.

2 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

Wha?  Well, there's a lot of assumption in your post.  At 28, why the h*ll would Jeff not look to cash in?  The deals you're comparing him to will be pre-cap explosion, thus are apples-to-oranges comps.

Don't get me wrong, I agree Dennis isn't ready for full-time starting and I'd like it if we can keep the 2-headed PG thing working.  However, if we can get a good return for Jeff, I won't turn my nose up at that.  There's absolutely, positively no guarantee that Teague would give us a hometown discount next year.

At the end of the day, we need to have a bit of a shakeup or are in danger of getting passed over or of affixing a ceiling on how much we can win as a team.  As I've said before, the East is fool's gold so we cannot measure ourselves against these East teams.  Are we on GState's or SAnton's or even OKC's level?  Right now, the answer is a definite 'no'.  IOW, making the playoffs in the East should be a given, not the aspiration (if that makes sense).

• Moderators

I think Teague will be happy not looking over his shoulder all the time and being the one to finish out games.   Atlanta took way too long to give him time, then about the time he comes into his own they draft a cocky replacement.   Not that i fault them for the latter but still Teague was happy to go to the Bucks when they totally sucked.

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think Teague will be happy not looking over his shoulder all the time and being the one to finish out games.   Atlanta took way too long to give him time, then about the time he comes into his own they draft a cocky replacement.   Not that i fault them for the latter but still Teague was happy to go to the Bucks when they totally sucked.

Kind of what I was thinking.  He was ready to jump ship for Milwaukee.  Why would he not be looking to get paid now?  Asked another way, why in the world would we expect a hometown discount when he was benched down the stretch in the two biggest games of the Cavs series?

I'm not saying we can't retain him long-term if we want.  I'm just saying that there is no way I think he is going to pass on bigger deals to come back here.  We have to pay him to keep him.  $13M isn't going to come close to cutting it.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Why would he not be looking to get paid now?

Exactly. He may not be looking for a max, but I bet he'll be looking for something just a little lower than that. To say that Jeff Teague is very happy in Atlanta is to ignore the fact that he was ready to scoot to a bad team in Milwaukee in his last free agency. I say his starting price will be 17 million, do you want to pay that for him?

2 hours ago, willthepureshooter said:

You are comparing him to guys like Rubio and Bledsoe who got paid off their rookie deals vs Teague who will be 28. Guys like DMC got $15mil and you expect Teague to give a discount of $14. 

His agent should be fired if he advises Teague to take that kinda deal.

It's  not only about continuity. We also have to improve the team.  Like you said Teague is a 28 year old vet PG and too many times he doesn't play like one.  He didn't meet my expectations this season and be better and consistent from the previous season. 

For the RIGHT deal, I'm  trading him.

33 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Teague for Rudy Gobert?   Ah Yup.    Teague for Noel?  Meh.

Cmon man, gotta be realistic.  Why in the holy h*ll would UT do that trade?