• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tough day for me.

Vol4ever

Sorry for your loss. Lost my Dad 11 years ago and still find myself picking up the phone to call him. Treasure the time you had with him, and enjoy the great memories. Prayers for peace and comfort to you and your family. 

Edited by Hawks339
Correction
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

My dad passed away Tuesday night and we laid him to rest today.    I am totally devastated.  He was my best friend.  Never see or talk to him again until glory.

i know this is not Hawks related and I understand if it is moved.  I feel like y'all are family and been a Hawks fan since the 70s.

Shocked to hear the Hawks signed D12.

Sorry for your loss, Vol.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

My dad passed away Tuesday night and we laid him to rest today.    I am totally devastated.  He was my best friend.  Never see or talk to him again until glory.

i know this is not Hawks related and I understand if it is moved.  I feel like y'all are family and been a Hawks fan since the 70s.

Sorry for your lost Vol4ever :-(

1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

Thanks everyone.   We are a unique "family" in a way.  

Ive heard many times that you should be sure to spend time with your parents but until it hits you that you will never see or talk to them again you will never understand.  

Hold them tight and spend time with them.  My dad's 77th birthday was to be today.  The last 8 years we ate breakfast almost every day together. 

If they're hard feeling make it right, family is most important.

Now, wow I'm shocked at the moves the Hawks have made and I haven't had time to digest and study them yet.  I owe them an apology since I said they never do anything.  It's gonna be interesting to see if Horford is re-signed.    

I'll keep you in my prayers

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Breakfast every day for 8 years... yeah, as much as I might miss my dad, I'm confident the hole in your life is bigger than I can know... and that's saying something.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

I definitely understand.  And I'm sorry for your loss.

My mother was in ICU for 14 days and on life support for 10 of those days, trying to recover from pneumonia.  I put her in a nursing home on Wednesday to do a week or two of physical therapy.

But as she is recovering, her younger sister, who has been in the same nursing home for two months, passed away last night.  I can't bring myself to even tell her that her sister is gone.  Trying to wait until she's a little stronger to break the news to her.

I couldn't imagine my feelings if I lost my mother.  But I'd probably doing a little of what you're doing right now.

And as fellow Vols fans/alumni, this week wasn't helped by the loss of Pat Summitt.

Once again, sorry for your loss.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I definitely understand.  And I'm sorry for your loss.

My mother was in ICU for 14 days and on life support for 10 of those days, trying to recover from pneumonia.  I put her in a nursing home on Wednesday to do a week or two of physical therapy.

But as she is recovering, her younger sister, who has been in the same nursing home for two months, passed away last night.  I can't bring myself to even tell her that her sister is gone.  Trying to wait until she's a little stronger to break the news to her.

I couldn't imagine my feelings if I lost my mother.  But I'd probably doing a little of what you're doing right now.

And as fellow Vols fans/alumni, this week wasn't helped by the loss of Pat Summitt.

Once again, sorry for your loss.

Prayers to you North!

Vol, sorry for your loss and I do hope you and your family spend the time together you need 

One of the best things someone said to me after my mom passed was:

Grief never changes in intensity, it just changes in how frequently we feel it and how often we feel it.  

For now you will feel a lot of grief and pain. But it will change over time.

• Like 1

So very sorry Vol, my deepest condolences. My dad is 81, and I fear the day that you just experienced...

• Like 1