• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Horford pulls a Deandre Jordan....

JTB

Let's say Durant decides to stay in Okc...and that makes Horford rethink his decision and he decides not to sign his offer with the Celtics on the 7th...basically pulling a Deandre Jordan from last summer lol.... would you take him back if he wanted to come back on the offer budcox threw at him?

Edited by JTB

I wanted to keep Sap over him so no I wouldn't want to see that happen.   Plus after the D12 being a reason for leaving i think it could cause instant locker room problems.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Horford doesn't want to be Robin according to sources, which is why he doesn't want to play with Dwight. It has nothing to do with Dwight's attitude.

Makes sense...
Cuz Horford is more like AquaMan 
He's uesless in the paint like  how AquaMan is on land

• Like 2

Honestly the more I think about it the more I think Al did Atlanta a favor.  Saved them from themselves to a degree.  Yes, I wanted him to sign and the hawks to trade Splitter and parts to keep a Sap/Al/D12 combo, but that wasn't realistic.  And given the option of keeping Sap or keeping Al, I want Sap.  He's a much better player.  I'll worry about 2017 in, well, 2017.  The way he did it sucked and it makes me not really like him but ultimately, I think the Hawks will be better off than if they had tried to ship Sap off and kept Al (obviously we'll never know for sure since we don't know what Sap would have brought in return, but I'm assuming it would have been based on picks rather than players to free up Cap Space). 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, JTB said:

Let's say Durant decides to stay in Okc...and that makes Horford rethink his decision and he decides not to sign his offer with the Celtics on the 7th...basically pulling a Deandre Jordan from last summer lol.... would you take him back if he wanted to come back on the offer budcox threw at him?

I like to watch winning basketball.  The prospect of keeping 2 of those 3 guys on the floor almost all of the game would be tremendous 

So hell yeah I'd take him back.

1 hour ago, GameTime said:

Horford doesn't want to be Robin according to sources, which is why he doesn't want to play with Dwight. It has nothing to do with Dwight's attitude.

He's been an Alfred lol. Teague and Millsap been more like the Robin and Batman.

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Supposedly the KD signing possibility had no influence on his decision.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Honestly the more I think about it the more I think Al did Atlanta a favor.  Saved them from themselves to a degree.  Yes, I wanted him to sign and the hawks to trade Splitter and parts to keep a Sap/Al/D12 combo, but that wasn't realistic.  And given the option of keeping Sap or keeping Al, I want Sap.  He's a much better player.  I'll worry about 2017 in, well, 2017.  The way he did it sucked and it makes me not really like him but ultimately, I think the Hawks will be better off than if they had tried to ship Sap off and kept Al (obviously we'll never know for sure since we don't know what Sap would have brought in return, but I'm assuming it would have been based on picks rather than players to free up Cap Space). 

Yeah it'd definitely been cap space.