• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

• Moderators

With what ought to be the 43rd pick of the 2016 Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Obsession selects…

dcf44a5c188275e3bdf9c495b7e26f37.jpg

Brandon Ingram (SG/SF, Age 19 as of 10/1/2016, 6’9”, 190 lbs.). Because linth, natch!

“First person I can say, that I can look at him and feel like I’m looking in the mirror.”

Kevin Durant’s recent comment reflects fondly upon Brandon Ingram, the lanky wing player coming out of Duke University, a rookie who recently got the chance to D-up Durant on behalf of the USA Select team. But when it comes to a wide-wingspanned, teenaged NBA player with handles, shooting acumen, work ethic, and maturity from the jump, might Ingram be the fairest of them all?  

Ingram was the first player in his state to win four consecutive state championships in high school, quite a feat when said state is North Carolina. His father was a basketball referee, and his dad’s buddy, Jerry Stackhouse, became Ingram’s AAU coach. But for an active academic scandal in Chapel Hill, Ingram might have followed Stack’s collegiate footsteps, but went to work for Coach K instead.

Arriving in Durham, B-Ing earned ACC Rookie of the Year by averaging 17.3 PPG while shooting a decent 41.0 3FG%. He ranked third among Dookie freshmen all-time in scoring, and might have climbed higher up the storied program’s one-and-done charts had he shot better than 68.2 FT%.

Nevermind height -- these days, you can’t teach length. Ingram’s center-like 7-foot-3 wingspan and 9-foot-1.5 standing reach allows him an intrinsic advantage that allows him to get shots off with little pressure on one end of the floor, and to close out on shooters and seal off drivers at the other end. Despite the long distance between his dribble hands and the floor, Ingram showed off an impressive ability to handle the ball and create his own shot off the dribble, which will be useful in spot-up plays for the Obsession. His willingness to look for teammates in the offense is an added plus for a first-year player.

Plenty of rookies need to bulk up in some manner, in order to withstand the relentless pounding that an 82-plus-game pro schedule brings. But Ingram’s 6-foot-9, 190-pound frame simultaneously tantalizes and terrifies. His Summer League play revealed Ingram is likely to get pushed and shoved around the court until he establishes a stronger base. That’s why the rookie will find himself at a similar situation to KD in his maiden voyage with the Sonics: plugged in at shooting guard, and granted the unenviable task of replacing a franchise legend.

Filling out over time will grant Ingram the ability to play forward positions with greater regularity in latter years. Doing so will also allow him to rebound and finish in the paint and diversify his offensive skillset. In the interim, he’ll spend a lot of time hanging out in the corners awaiting kickouts.

Teams are always on the lookout for instant mismatches on the floor. If developed properly, Ingram, the youngest collegiate player in this draft, can become a flexible Plastic-Man-style player, creating strategic advantages for the Lethal Obsession at several positions. If he’s the Durantula’s reflection in the mirror, then here’s to seven years of good luck!

The expedient @ATLHawks3 is now on the sundial! 

LETHAL OBSESSION

PG: Christopher Emmanuel Paul

SG: Brandon Xavier Ingram

SF:

PF: Kristaps Porzingis

C:

~lw3

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

With what ought to be the 43rd pick of the 2016 Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Obsession selects…

dcf44a5c188275e3bdf9c495b7e26f37.jpg

Brandon Ingram (SG/SF, Age 19 as of 10/1/2016, 6’9”, 190 lbs.). Because linth, natch!

More on the pogo-sticked pupil in this space later! In the meantime, the expedient @ATLHawks3 is now on the sundial! 

LETHAL OBSESSION

PG: Christopher Emmanuel Paul

SG: Brandon Xavier Ingram

SF:

PF: Kristaps Porzingis

C:

~lw3

Simmons and now Ingram; that did not tale long. Well it did time wise but not pick wise. I don't see any bust in either. For a keeper league draft, they are keepers!

FIXED!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Jennings and now Ingram; that did not tale long. Well it did time wise but not pick wise. I don't see any bust in either. For a keeper league draft, they are keepers!

You mean Simmons....:-|

But about who you said lets be hush hush...lol

17 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

With the 45th pick in the Squawk Dynasty draft, the Spudsters select :

Devin Booker

@Diesel is on the clock

At only 19 years old, Devin Booker is about to enter his second season in the association and his rookie season didn't seem like one at all. Generally guys drafted that young come in and take a few seasons to get used to the speed and pace of the pro game, Devin acted like a seasoned vet. At 6'6" and 206 pounds, he has the perfect size for a shooting guard and has already proved to be one of the better shooters in the NBA. With an impressive 14ppg 3rpg and 3apg during his first campaign, he's looking for bigger and better things in year 2. 

The GM of the Spudsters was influenced by both Draymond and Jimmy to make Devin the pick here. "Dray and Jimmy just love Devin to death. Apparently they all play ball together in the summer and they both vouched for Devin, telling me that I wouldn't regret this decision. So I just wanna tell the media that if this decision doesn't work in our favor, blame Dray n Jimmy", GM Spud jokingly stated.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ps I just also have to say this one more time, maybe 2000 more times...WHY DID YOU SCREW US BROOKLYN WE COULDA DRAFTED DEVIN... WHYYYYYYYYY????

Sincerely,

Die Hard Hawks fan

:-(

• Moderators
8 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

With the next pick in the 2016 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, the Atlanta Attack selects...... Carmelo Anthony

The Atlanta Attack is proud to announce that Carmelo Anthony will be joining our squad. Last year while with the Knicks, Carmelo averaged 21.8 ppg 7.7 rpg and 4.2 apg. We feel that his veteran leadership and his elite scoring will be a nice addition to our new Big 3 along with Damian Lillard and Paul Millsap. We are very excited to add him to our roster and we can't wait until the season begins!

ATLANTA ATTACK 2016-2017 ROSTER:

PG: Damian Lillard

SG:

SF: Carmelo Anthony

PF: Paul Millsap

C:

@Spud2Nique  is on the clock!

USA_Basketball_vs_Argentina_Olympics_Car

Was wondering how long Melo was gonna go undrafted... Considered him and moving Bron to PF.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Was wondering how long Melo was gonna go undrafted... Considered him and moving Bron to PF.

I was considering him as a 6th man on my team , if he fell into the late 50s.
I think he would be perfect in that role as instant offense off the bench.

• Moderators

Round 4 is right around the bend! Thanks to Dynasty Draft After Dark, @Diesel has up until 3:00 PM Eastern to make his selection. After him on the docket will be @Buzzard and @HopefulHawksFan, each Squawk GM getting two dips before Diesel picks a second time, all hopefully today. 

@IheartVolt and @LucastheThird can each pay a visit to the Dew Drop Inn at anytime, of course.

~lw3

17 minutes ago, HopefulHawksFan said:

Between this and the Gallinari pick, all my dreams are shattered...

You and I think very much alike. I wanted either of those two but was leaning towards Melo. Diesel is around now as well! Lets get this snake party started!

• Like 2

Just now, Buzzard said:

You and I think very much alike. I wanted either of those two but was leaning towards Melo. Diesel is around now as well! Lets get this snake party started!

I'm around most of the day today (While at work.  Don't tell anyone!).  I now have to decide what direction I want to go in...

• Premium Member

With the Next Pick of the Draft, The Atlanta Ganstaslappas Select:

Kevin Love.

061116-NBA-CLE-Kevin-Love-PI-2-LF.vresiz

Coming off a season where he put up 16, 10, and 2..    While shooting 42% from the field and 36% from behind the arc,  Love will improve his ways by becoming a bigger threat in an offense that now knows that if it wants to win, they have to get him involved early. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

With the 45th pick in the Squawk Dynasty draft, the Spudsters select :

Devin Booker

@Diesel is on the clock

Was really hoping he would slip to my next pick.  Nice grab!

9 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ps I just also have to say this one more time, maybe 2000 more times...WHY DID YOU SCREW US BROOKLYN WE COULDA DRAFTED DEVIN... WHYYYYYYYYY????

Sincerely,

Die Hard Hawks fan

:-(

And, yes, suck a bag o #*$&s Brooklyn for holding onto mediocrity while we had your picks and then going into the tank as soon as Boston took over.

• Like 1

GM: So Parsons is sill there.

Owner: You’re kidding me right.

Coach: No, he is still there and we need to make a decision on him if he slips to us.

GM: We hear you coach. What do you think Mr Flock?

Mr. Flock: We almost took him at 18 right.

Coach: Yes

GM: Mr. Flock, nothing we have indicates he is still injured.

Coach: Come on guys, quit messing around. Parsons can stretch the floor, hit the boards. Guy is 6’9” we can play small or big with him.

Mr. Flock: Isn’t he still pretty young?

GM: Yes, he turns 28 in October.

GM: Its our pick now and he is there.

Mr. Flock, Injury concern is fine Are you sure about this GM?

GM: Absolutely

Mr. Flock: What do you think Coach?

Coach: You guys are going to give me an ulcer. STFU and pick him!

GM and Mr. Flock laughing their asses off in the back ground.

Mr. Flock: Go ahead and turn in the card for Parsons.

GM: You go got it boss.

Coach: mumbling to himself, you guys are killing me.

Owner: I am grabbing a bite to eat. Great job guys.

With the 47th pick in the Dynasty Draft, the Flocking Buzzards Select Chandler Parsons.

Chandler Parsons #25 of the Houston Rockets celebrates a three-pointer against the Memphis Grizzlies during the game at the Toyota Center on January 24, 2014 in Houston, Texas.

We think this a great move to reunite two fellow wing players in Harden and Parsons who should have never parted ways! You are up @HopefulHawksFan

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 4