• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OFFICIAL 2016-17 SEASON PREDICTION THREAD

sturt

12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This isn't a stable team. 

Too many question marks but too many things that can go good. Dwight and Dennis make a massive difference. Both can preform like last year and 38 wins is extremely likely or both can be much better and 62 wins is possible. The pre-season tells me this could be a top 3 team in the NBA. Reality is still saying this is a 38 win team. So much hedges on Dennis and Dwight. 

If Dwight can perform at his pre-season level, it tells me that 20-15 is possible for Dwight and 15 and 8 is possible with good efficiency for Dennis.  This complete crushes my 13 and 10 expectations with mid efficiency for Dwight and Dennis to improve on volume alone in overall stats but everything remains the same. 20-15 is a top 5-10 NBA impact and Dennis with good efficiency and 15 and 8 is a top 3 East PG and top 5-6 NBA PG. This will make a massive difference. On top of that, the depth is impressive from the pre-season. 

Now the issue I had coming into this year was a much weaker bench. A much weaker starting five with poor chemistry. 

The chemistry is still a work in progress but the bench is much better than  I expected and so is the starting five but we haven't seen this team in the regular season. Their offense has been herky jerky so far. 

This team is all over the place. 

Just like you.

13 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This isn't a stable team. 

Too many question marks but too many things that can go good. Dwight and Dennis make a massive difference. Both can preform like last year and 38 wins is extremely likely or both can be much better and 62 wins is possible. The pre-season tells me this could be a top 3 team in the NBA. Reality is still saying this is a 38 win team. So much hedges on Dennis and Dwight. 

If Dwight can perform at his pre-season level, it tells me that 20-15 is possible for Dwight and 15 and 8 is possible with good efficiency for Dennis.  This complete crushes my 13 and 10 expectations with mid efficiency for Dwight and Dennis to improve on volume alone in overall stats but everything remains the same. 20-15 is a top 5-10 NBA impact and Dennis with good efficiency and 15 and 8 is a top 3 East PG and top 5-6 NBA PG. This will make a massive difference. On top of that, the depth is impressive from the pre-season. 

Now the issue I had coming into this year was a much weaker bench. A much weaker starting five with poor chemistry. 

The chemistry is still a work in progress but the bench is much better than  I expected and so is the starting five but we haven't seen this team in the regular season. Their offense has been herky jerky so far. 

This team is all over the place. 

You still owe us a prediction. Nobody knows how it will work out but everbody else guesses some numbers (although at least two squawkers aren't able to add numbers up to 82...)

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 10/22/2016 at 7:54 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Win total various should be no  more than a 3 game range.

Your prediction doesn't count if it has any kind of range.  Either pick a number or post your thoughts on the team in another thread (where they will be totally welcome).  This thread is for throw a dart and make your pick predictions not really for analysis on the variability of the team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Your prediction doesn't count if it has any kind of range.  Either pick a number or post your thoughts on the team in another thread (where they will be totally welcome).  This thread is for throw a dart and make your pick predictions not really for analysis on the variability of the team.

So if I say we are unpredictable and we could win anywhere from 10-60 games? No bueno?

2 hours ago, AHF said:

dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

46 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I'll be the one to step out there.  Bunch of pansy predictions is what you all have.

62 wins

1 seed

NBA Finals

1100 minutes.

Reasoning

Dwight Defense > Horford

Dennis Defense > Teague

Prince, Dwight, Hump (for full year) = greater rebounding, easy put backs

Cleveland lost their Aussie mascot and knee breaker

Cleveland is a year older

Toronto is cold....really cold

God loves us more and finally

Pink Fluffy Unicorns dance on rainbows.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.....predicting win totals in the 40's? 7th seeds?  It is 3 nights to opening night...this is a time for optimism, not realism. Screw you hippies.

giphy.gif

• Premium Member

1) 53-29

2) 2nd seed

3) Eastern Conference finals

4) 848 minutes?

As I've said before, this team wins when we shoot well from the outside.  From what I've seen, Korver's stroke looks to be back.  Bazemore's, Moose's and Thabo's shots looks to be improved.  Certainly the wild card is THjr.. if he shoots close to 40% from 3 then we beat Cleveland in the finals.   We will be the one of the best defensive/rebounding teams in the league.  Dennis just needs to move the ball like we have under Bud since he has been here.  The other things we need to do is 1) No force feeding the Post and 2)No dumb shots from Howard, Delaney or Millsap playing hero ball.  If all of the above happens, we will be hard to beat! 

• Premium Member

What's the hold up with some of you?

I know, I know... the strong arguments for or against Splitter cracking his career average 1,123 minutes. Just settle on something already. Let's go. What higher priority could you possibly have?

13 minutes ago, sturt said:

What's the hold up with some of you?

I know, I know... the strong arguments for or against Splitter cracking his career average 1,123 minutes. Just settle on something already. Let's go. What higher priority could you possibly have?

Aight, aight.

53-29 (slow start but we start steamrolling towards the end of the season)

2nd seed

ECF in 7

3 minutes. It'll be very sad.

• Like 1