• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm Told G-LEAGUE!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

I only wish G League was more like baseball's minor leagues where NBA teams could grow their own players and not just grow players for whosoever will.

I think that will come, but not until each NBA owns its own GL team. There are some teams that are still not buying in.

• Like 1

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yes.  I've been a proponent of this for a while now.  I'd love to see a system where AAU basketball is completely done away with and the G League becomes more like the international club teams for the NBA.  Allow teams to sign players starting at age 16 who are good enough to make the jump and start their professional development.  This would also help do away with the draft, which I am a proponent of, and create a true free market for these players to shop their talents.  

I'm fully fine with all the bolded part.  I'm not a fan of the unbalanced free market see in places like European soccer.  That breeds permanent super teams for the rich clubs.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Premium Member
On 11/9/2016 at 4:06 PM, lethalweapon3 said:

I speculated on the possible landing spots a few months back, and the Georgia International Convention Center (not to be confused with the Georgia World Congress Center across the street from Philips downtown) just felt like it made more and more sense.

NBA teams have been increasingly keeping their D-League franchises really close to home (Salt Lake City Stars, Windy City Bulls, Long Island Nets, NAZ Suns, Raptors 905), so having D-League teams able to get in-and-out of the World's Busiest Airport (they don't like that name no more, but they are) is a big plus. Loads of hotel space, although the food scene could use another renaissance. Also, having our own players able to stay in the ATL metro and have close access to player development staff and the new Brookhaven facility is key.

I hope they'll name the facility/floor after longtime College Park resident Walt Bellamy. The former Hawks center retired here and has a Veteran's Memorial Park project named in his honor.

Southside represent!

Note quite the facility/floor @lethalweapon3....but a street name.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Damn.  Skyhawks lost the home opener and didn't look like much of a crowd.  I thought there would be more interest.  

Hey will someone help me with this stat line from NBA.com.  Am I going crazy or just stupid?

Charlie Brown  FG: 6-22    3s:1-6     FT:5-6     22 points 

Do free throws count more in G league?

Some free throws do.  Player gets one shot.  If it's an and one, it counts 1.  If it's a two shot foul, that one shot is worth 2 points and if it's a three point shooting foul, the shot is worth 3 points.

I believe this changes back to the regular way near the end of the game.  

:stirthepot:

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Some free throws do.  Player gets one shot.  If it's an and one, it counts 1.  If it's a two shot foul, that one shot is worth 2 points and if it's a three point shooting foul, the shot is worth 3 points.

I believe this changes back to the regular way near the end of the game.  

:stirthepot:

Wow!  That's right.  I remember hearing about it but honestly i thought it was a joke. 

• Thanks 1