• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm Told G-LEAGUE!

lethalweapon3

PLEASE explain this:  Hawks need a back up PG to relieve Trae, who was Ice Trae cold last game.

Hawks have a 2 way PG, who plays for the Skyhawks, Brandon Goodwin.  He just had a triple double!  Scoring a lot of points, grabbing rebounds and passing out assists.

I know. There is a vast difference between the G League and the NBA.  Still, this ain't that bad.  Do we let him stay there and ripen some more or do we call him up to the Atlanta team?

THOUGHTS?

:smug:

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Indeed.

Trae needs help. I guess I’d give Goodwin a shot, just not sure the talent level is enough.

I know.  It is the G League, but still, for one game, he had:

36 points (11-7 from 3), 12 rebounds and 16 assists.  Not bad in any league.  

:smug:

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators
25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I guess they see players bypassing College for the GL.

I think they are also seeing anti-trust legal risk on this as well.  They might as well peel back the veneer of amateurism and negotiate terms for athletes participating in the revenue sports.  Third party endorsements will absolutely significantly impact college decisions.  No need to piece meal this.  (Like do you think the endorsement opportunities will be the same for a kid going to Creighton as for a kid going to UCLA, UK, Duke, UNC, etc. where that player will get infinitely more exposure?)

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 5/3/2020 at 11:25 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Seems like we are heading towards a path where the G League is a real minor league instead of using college basketball for that purpose.

• Like 4

Im happy about all of this. The NBA can have an age limit, so can the NFL. But kids should not be forced to play for free if they are indeed on track to go pro. Especially when everyone around them Is making a huge profit. As an athlete you are a commodity and have a right in a free market to capitalize on that value. Kids going to other countries to make money was the start, this GLeague decision will be the breaking point. 

Once football can find a pathway program that is safe for that age group, you can kiss the NCAA goodbye completely 

• Moderators

One thing the NCAA will have going for it financially over the G-League is the potential for endorsement deals.  Nike will be much more excited about a kid going to Kentucky, Duke, UNC ,UCLA, etc. over a kid going to Fort Wayne, Erie, Canton, etc.