• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyle Korver appreciation thread

NBASupes

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I am so freakin torn right now...love Korver...hate cavs hate Warriors more...:-)

At least he has a shot at a ring now. 

:Bud: "Shhhh! He's our Mole. You didn't hear it from me. This message will self destruct."

~bud

• Like 4

Just now, lethalweapon3 said:

Barring a trade-pending physical undertaken by a Dr. Dellavedova, Kyle Korver departs as the Atlanta Hawks' franchise leader in:

3-Point Field Goal Percentage (45.2%)

Free Throw Percentage (88.7%)

Effective Field Goal Percentage (61.5%)

True (not just To Atlanta) Shooting Percentage (63.8%)

~lw3

I love Korver and Sap. Honestly looking around the league, 2 of the most classy dudes around. 

Oh Kyle....I'm gonna miss my Kiiiaalll.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, phoostal said:

I think it means we are making the trades now, before jimmy butler gets traded to a team.  Meaning some of the people the hawks are targeting could possibly get traded for butler.  So make the trade now before they are gone.

I read it the same but don't get the logic.  If there is something better being offered, teams hold out on you.  You are better off being the last impact guy getting traded so any team that wants to make a playoff push has to bid him up.  Hard to see there being more All-Stars getting traded than there are teams that are interested so that you better move while he window is open.  You want to extract premium value if you are trading weeks before the trade deadline.

32 minutes ago, AHF said:

I read it the same but don't get the logic.  If there is something better being offered, teams hold out on you.  You are better off being the last impact guy getting traded so any team that wants to make a playoff push has to bid him up.  Hard to see there being more All-Stars getting traded than there are teams that are interested so that you better move while he window is open.  You want to extract premium value if you are trading weeks before the trade deadline.

Wait are you saying you're better off doing a deal if a deal is there or waiting till the deadline?

Props to Kyle for what he brought to this team.   I thought people overvalued it at times, because we needed him to be a little more productive at times.   But when his shot was on, it was a joy to watch.   He's one of the best transition open 3 point shooters I've ever seen.  Maybe THE best.

He'll fit in well in Cleveland, who needed a shooter with JR Smith on the sidelines for another month or two.

Just remember to miss those easy open 3s, when we face you guys in the EC Finals.   Don't be the guy that beats us with dagger 3s.

Thank you for your service to this team, sir.

( whispering to Prince ) . . . "OK dude . . . . YOU'RE UP!  Do your thing."

• Like 1

Can't say enough about the guy.  We could be here all day highlighting eye-popping advanced numbers from his heyday here.  I need to screenshot and blow up a poster of him sitting atop the True Shooting ladder above Durant, Curry, and LeBron, for two years mind you.  One of my favorite Hawks easily.  

Unfortunately there were two versions: B.D. and A.D. (before and after Delly, respectively.   Before, he had to be doubled off the ball most of the game because he set the standard for off-ball movement. Afterward, he lost a step (maybe two) and all of a sudden he didn't.  Pair that with teams never having to double Paul, Al, Jeff, or Dennis and he became very expendable.

Whether he plays or not, LeBron's gonna fall in love with him strictly off basketball IQ.  Everyone on that team is going to run off the ball, strip, shoot threes, and get sneaky blocks a little better.  I scratched my head when they acquired Dunleavy.  Kyle is a much better shooter and off-ball player.

But I saw Jimmy Butler's name a few times in this thread   Y'all know how I feel about that dude.  Sell whatever you need to pair him with Dennis in the backcourt.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, AHF said:

I disagree with this. If the Hawks know several AS players might be traded around the deadline...why wait until then to only get scraps? Best to strike first and get the best assets out there that teams are willing to trade.

He whas doing great of the bench and is the epitome of a great streaky bench shooter for a contender. They better package that pick up to get an upgrade on the wing and not trade Millsap. As a european and mavs fan Im not build for this years of avoiding winning. Also poor Dwight and Dennis. Dickmove. Good luck Kyle and thx for what you did. Already missing you.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Wait are you saying you're better off doing a deal if a deal is there or waiting till the deadline?

I'm saying we traded in the right window for our biggest competition and the wrong window for every other team in the league.