• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks GM Makes Joke About Angry Black Women At Fan Event

Spursfanpeacemaker

4 hours ago, hawkman said:

I'm getting a little concerned now. I'm baffled at the fact this happened a month ago and yet the Hawks organization didn't get ahead of this when they had the chance to deal with it behind closed doors. Now it's in the hands of professional talking heads and internet trolls who will have no issue taking a massive dump on the Atlanta Hawks.  All that effort to regain credibility as an organization and generate good PR over the past few seasons, and now this? This isn't a good look for the Hawks.

Yea same, and they released it when Hawks started trading their players, what a timing. Now, i feel like Wes wilcox going to step down like Ferry did.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

6 minutes ago, FrankWhite said:

As a white guy married to a black woman with biracial kids, I feel I can add some perspective here...

This was dumb as hell. There are ways you can joke around with your black friends and family members that you absolutely do not do with people who don't know you, let alone in a professional setting. It reminds me of when Bill de Blasio said something about running on CP time. You just can't say that publicly, even if your black family thinks it funny in private. Throw in this organization's shaky at best history with race, and this becomes even more egregious. What was he thinking?? Like I don't think he should be crucified, but he's not good enough at his job to get away with saying dumb shit like this.

Yea i don't get why Wilcox even said that joke carelessly, knowing the past history with Ferry.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Isn't he a ginger? Those people have no right no joke about any groups of people as they're an unholy curse upon humanity as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So...you're not doin the whole mod thang anymore huh...lol

GINGGGGGGIIIIEEEE!!! (I've heard people yell this before..)

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Look I'm black and I think this is nothing. Sorry to those offended by this. There's worse things being said about us everyday. I'm not going to lose sleep over this at all. Wilcox isn't racist, just a bad joke teller. Move on

Okay, but how do you turn that into a headline?

1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

I just imagine him saying my wife "happens to be black"... a little joke for the old timers.

Classic Carlin!

• Moderators

Not a racist statement and definitely not worse thing ever said, but does lack taste. Why even make a joke involving race when you know our history and the tension that this country is constantly under. White people will always be stereotyped as racist, rich bigots no matter who your wife is or how many ethnic friends you have... Just stick to the script next time, Wilcox.

• Like 1

• Moderators
I also have to say...a white guy with a black wife and three  mixed kids and you have "fans" accusing him of being racist? I mean...are you f$%^ing kidding me here? Wow.

I agree but see my previous comment. Stereotypes are a bitch, especially when used by idiots that lack the ability to think with reasoning and compose arguments. A country full of sheep.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I agree but see my previous comment. Stereotypes are a bitch, especially when used by idiots that lack the ability to think with reasoning and compose arguments. A country full of sheep.

You just described half of America.  Good thing a certain man won the election.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I don't agree exactly with Sturt's assessment of the comment.  I think he was saying that because he's married to a Black Woman, he's used to people being angry at him.  It's a fail.  He could have said because he's married to a woman, he's used to people being angry at him and it still would have been a fail because Women would have been offended.  So in trying to change the conversation, he stepped onto a mine.  However, this isn't a case where Black outrage should take over because I don't think it was racist... just dumb.   He wanted a self-deprecating comment that would take the heat out of the room and stepped onto a landmine.  Let him live.