• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks GM Makes Joke About Angry Black Women At Fan Event

Spursfanpeacemaker

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This story was front page Yahoo news now....

I'm getting a little concerned now. I'm baffled at the fact this happened a month ago and yet the Hawks organization didn't get ahead of this when they had the chance to deal with it behind closed doors. Now it's in the hands of professional talking heads and internet trolls who will have no issue taking a massive dump on the Atlanta Hawks.  All that effort to regain credibility as an organization and generate good PR over the past few seasons, and now this? This isn't a good look for the Hawks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, High5 said:

I have a great sense of humor and even I'm offended by this. No one should ever joke about hiring Mark Jackson.

I've been away  all day until now and saw this headline, and I was like...

200.gif 

then I read what he said, and I sat down to write a whole paragraph

giphy.gif

then  I read @High5 posts and  I said....naaaaaaaah.....he got it.  

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I've been away  all day until now and saw this headline, and I was like...

200.gif 

then I read what he said, and I sat down to write a whole paragraph

giphy.gif

then  I read @High5 posts and  I said....naaaaaaaah.....he got it.  

IMG_7774.GIF

They should have been angry at Wes & Bud's failures at not putting together a competitive team and not about why don't they hire a Below average coach who has been in the broadcast booth for years now.

Edited by Blunt91
left out a word

Well, looks like Atlanta loses another "Racist GM" because of his mouth.

How terrible can you be?  White, with a black wife and three children from

this marriage.

Mentioning this certainly proves how terrible he is, doesn't it!

• Like 3

Jalen and Chauncey killing Wes on NBA Countdown right now, no mention whatsoever that he meant that other people were angry at him, not that his wife was angry. Wow, yes, Wes messed up and should have either worded this totally differently or left it alone, but this type of spin and idiocy is amazing and way out of line.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Our PR is not particularly good on this:

Atlanta Hawks general manager Wes Wilcox has apologized for a comment he made at a recent meeting with season-ticket holders.

Wilcox issued a statement Friday in response to a published report that he made a racially insensitive comment that offended Clarenton Crawford and his wife during a question-and-answer session in December.

The statement from Wilcox read: “At an early December chalk talk, I made a self-deprecating comment at my own expense regarding my family, which is multi-racial. This joke offended Mr. Crawford and his wife and for that, I apologize.”

Hawks CEO Steve Koonin and Chief Diversity Officer Nazinga Shaw met with Crawford this week. The team does not consider the matter closed, pending further internal discussion.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Why even make this kind of comment?  It doesn't matter what the intent was or what he meant, you don't say that!  It screams a lack of professionalism and sheer boneheadedness at the least.  Successfully run organizations just don't do stupid stuff like this over and over again.

• Like 2