• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks GM Makes Joke About Angry Black Women At Fan Event

Spursfanpeacemaker

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That wasn't a big deal. It wasn't funny but it wasn't offensive. 

Yeah right.  He's in ATLANTA.   If true, you don't make a comment like that, after the Ferry and Levenson debacles.   Even if Wes was Black, he'd come under fire for this.  But the fact that he's white WILL make it worse.  The only thing that will legitimately save him, is that he is married to a Black woman.

Watch the response when ESPN gets a hold of this, and the talking heads start talking.

Koonin needs to tell Wes to get wayyy out in front of this right now, even have his wife on TV alongside him, to totally diffuse this situation.   Ferry ran and hid when something like this went down.  It will be a huge mistake for the Hawks to let social media and the media in general to control the narrative.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I also have to say...a white guy with a black wife and three  mixed kids and you have "fans" accusing him of being racist? I mean...are you f$%^ing kidding me here? Wow.

It's the world we live in. People get off on looking for reasons to be offended 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Wilcox should just say he was joking, or the media is irresponsible, or who cares, or locker room talk , or something.   I mean how does this comment rate on the 2016 outrageousness scale?

Nice avatar change. 

• Moderators
Just now, AUhawksfan said:

I don't necessarily find what he said offensive (I think he was saying something along the lines of what @sturt said) but regardless it's one of those things that Wes should've known better than to even bring up race period.

Why even go there anyways?  Especially when you consider the past with Ferry.

Dumb move by him, there are other ways to make your point and now this statement is going to be dissected and construed a million different ways.

This^.   Extremely dumb move.  The good news is that I'm not entirely convinced it would make a big difference if we had to get a new GM.  Maybe someone who's already in the organization, we don't have to pay for extra rooms etc.

twitter-grant-hill-portrait.png

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I also have to say...a white guy with a black wife and three  mixed kids and you have "fans" accusing him of being racist? I mean...are you f$%^ing kidding me here? Wow.

Naw, there is a lot of .... deleted. Wrong forum. 

That said, that wasn't offensive but it was stupid. This is not like Ferry but this isn't good either. That said, they settled this privately but this doesn't make us look good at all. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This^.   Extremely dumb move.  The good news is that I'm not entirely convinced it would make a big difference if we had to get a new GM.  Maybe someone who's already in the organization, we don't have to pay for extra rooms etc.

twitter-grant-hill-portrait.png

Angry Fan: "I'd much rather have Jalen Rose."

~lw3

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sturt said:

Peachtree Hoops seems to believe it's a legit story.

But I believe the racists might actually be the ones who presume that he must be asserting that black wives and mixed-race children are characteristically angry.

To the contrary, I for one didn't read it that way.

Rather, I read it as "because some people can be antagonistic toward mixed-race families, I’m used to THEM being argumentative."

Yea, my initial reaction to this was "perhaps he meant that instead?"

But this is a Ferry hire in a post Ferry world so I sort of feel like these guys should never under any circumstances ever use any racial/ethnic descriptive again.  I don't care if they bring in Tarik Black for a 10-day, refer to him as "28 is a good player".

11 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

NOPE. Not Today. NOPE!

~lw3

53239-jerry-seinfeld-Im-out-gif-0qdn.gif

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Naw, there is a lot of negro bedwenches out there as well as coons. A lot of them hate Black people. Any BM or BW marrying outside of their race is looked at with a conscious eye. Too many have back-stabbed Black people. 

That said, that wasn't offensive but it was stupid. This is not like Ferry but this isn't good either. That said, they settled this privately but this doesn't make us look good at all. 

What's a bedwench? (Pettera$$)

SHUT THE f*** UP DONNIE(Walter big lebowski)

No offense to Wilcox but his performance hasn't been good enough to justify this. 

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

What's a bedwench? (Pettera$$)

SHUT THE f*** UP DONNIE(Walter big lebowski)

You aren't Black, if you are not Black, you will never understand. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No offense to Wilcox but his performance hasn't been good enough to justify this. 

You aren't Black, if you are not Black, you will never understand. 

Lol what...what if I'm black mex white puerican and Haitian...

11 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

This Crawford guy is probably one of the Atlanta fans that still thinks the Falcons would be better with Michael Vick instead of Matt Ryan... I mean c'mon Mark Jackson over Bud? Seriously...

Maybe he's the rapper that still roots for mike Vick ...

2 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Then you must be from the ZULU Nation! ;-)

#TribeCalledHawks

~lw3

Lmao