• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Dennis the PG of the future? Can he win a playoff game?

Diesel

All you guys are missing the big picture here.  The Hawks were consistent.  It was an early Sunday game with more than 2 days of rest!  In the Bud tenure, they have always been terrible in those games.  I hope they wake the FLACK up!  I really hate how cocky Washington is and hope the Hawks curb stomp them tomorrow! 

On Dennis, I could not have asked for more from him in his first playoff start, except don't take a stupid three when you have two wings running to the basket for a lay up. Other than that, he exceeded my expectations.  He wasn't trying to go at John Wall and he for the most part he didn't stop the ball movement until it was clear no one could hit a shot. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I'm not advocating trading Dennis or Prince but if the Bulls decide to trade Butler then a package of Dennis/Prince/Baze/Dunleavy/1st for Butler/Rondo would likely get the bulls interested.  So we do have the assets to do it.   Not necessarily saying we want to but we do have the assets. 

I understand. Dennis and Prince probably would interest Chicago but I doubt they'd want to take on 3 years of Baze. I'm just talking realistic assets like what could ATL trade to get a star without breaking up their core (Dennis/TH/Prince).

Boston could trade 2017 and/or 2018 Nets picks with Smart/Brown and net a star while still keep their core (IT/Bradley/Crowder/Horford). 

I doubt Delaney, Bremby, Baze, Muscula, Thabo moves the needle. 

Edited by BigDog90

2 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

Boston could trade 2017 and/or 2018 Nets picks with Smart/Brown and net a star while still keep their core (IT/Bradley/Crowder/Horford). 

Boston could have done that at the trade deadline but as usual Greedy Danny wanted to win the trade. Indy wanted Crowder in any deal for PG.

The core of the Celtics (IT, Bradley and Smart) will be getting payed next season, they won't look much like 'real' assests when they get their payday. They are currently outperforming their contracts.

All the picks Boston had last year amounted to a hill of beans. 3 draft and stashes and a #3 pick.

Like I've said before, Danny is presented these 'assests' in a plush velvet bag as gold coins but when you open it it's a bunch of nickels and dimes.

The only real assest is the 2017 pick, with 2018 still to be determined.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

I understand. Dennis and Prince probably would interest Chicago but I doubt they'd want to take on 3 years of Baze. I'm just talking realistic assets like what could ATL trade to get a star without breaking up their core (Dennis/TH/Prince).

I doubt Delaney, Bremby, Baze, Muscula, Thabo moves the needle. 

This is very realistic.   Are you saying you wouldn't do this trade?   If the Bulls are trading Butler then they'll really want to get rid of Rondo.   Baze makes that work.  While maybe he's not a great contract it's better than having Rondo on a rebuilding squad.   So we'd have a lineup of Rondo/Butler/Sap/Dwight.   Might or might not sign Tim but we'd have Bembry and hopefully Ersan and probably Moose.   We'd have to pickup some vets for the bench but with that starting lineup we are a contender in the east.   

The Bulls get 2 really good young players who are already starters and on value contracts plus Baze who is still serviceable but expensive.  Plus a 1st.   If they want to move on how would they turn this down.   It's a much faster rebuild and more certain than banking on picks.   

51 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This is very realistic.   Are you saying you wouldn't do this trade?   If the Bulls are trading Butler then they'll really want to get rid of Rondo.   Baze makes that work.  While maybe he's not a great contract it's better than having Rondo on a rebuilding squad.   So we'd have a lineup of Rondo/Butler/Sap/Dwight.   Might or might not sign Tim but we'd have Bembry and hopefully Ersan and probably Moose.   We'd have to pickup some vets for the bench but with that starting lineup we are a contender in the east.   

The Bulls get 2 really good young players who are already starters and on value contracts plus Baze who is still serviceable but expensive.  Plus a 1st.   If they want to move on how would they turn this down.   It's a much faster rebuild and more certain than banking on picks.   

That's true. People often forget the speed at which they could rebuild. If you get Dennis and Prince, you are going to rebuild faster than getting a top 5 pick in the next two drafts (2017,2018 via Boston).

17 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Boston could have done that at the trade deadline but as usual Greedy Danny wanted to win the trade. Indy wanted Crowder in any deal for PG.

The core of the Celtics (IT, Bradley and Smart) will be getting payed next season, they won't look much like 'real' assests when they get their payday. They are currently outperforming their contracts.

All the picks Boston had last year amounted to a hill of beans. 3 draft and stashes and a #3 pick.

Like I've said before, Danny is presented these 'assests' in a plush velvet bag as gold coins but when you open it it's a bunch of nickels and dimes.

The only real assest is the 2017 pick, with 2018 still to be determined.

Then Dan E is taking his sack 'o nickels and trying to beat every GM over the head to win every trade.

I'm so sick of hearing about all the assets and the future for them.  It only works out if every step of their process is a home run.  No one in this draft is walking in day 1 and leading any team anywhere.  IOW, all they'll be adding is another Jaylen Brown type.  I like the kid but where's he been in the playoffs?  Sees aren't on a timetable that allows them to wait/develop a draft pick.  They need him to walk in and be a Lebron James.  Uh, good luck with that.

27 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Then Dan E is taking his sack 'o nickels and trying to beat every GM over the head to win every trade.

I'm so sick of hearing about all the assets and the future for them.  It only works out if every step of their process is a home run.  No one in this draft is walking in day 1 and leading any team anywhere.  IOW, all they'll be adding is another Jaylen Brown type.  I like the kid but where's he been in the playoffs?  Sees aren't on a timetable that allows them to wait/develop a draft pick.  They need him to walk in and be a Lebron James.  Uh, good luck with that.

Oh that note, I think Prince has just as much potential as Jaylen and has played much better in his first playoff series.   

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Oh that note, I think Prince has just as much potential as Jaylen and has played much better in his first playoff series.   

That's a great point.  BOS desperately needs Brown to be as comfortable as Printz looked in game 1.

22 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Can't remember the last high jacking but this was worse than 911

You want some cheese with that whine.  :laugh:

Uhh, Dennis wasn't the guy that was puking away game 2. He's back in the form in which if he's not feeling it, he's going to just disappear and outside of the sadness 3 point miss he didn't affect the fourth in either a positive or negative way.

He tried to affect it positively but it got overlooked.

Edited by Lurker

vor einer Stunde, Lurker sagte:

Uhh, Dennis wasn't the guy that was puking away game 2. He's back in the form in which if he's not feeling it, he's going to just disappear and outside of the sadness 3 point miss he didn't affect the fourth in either a positive or negative way.

He tried to affect it positively but it got overlooked.

:ahf2:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, kurupt said:

:ahf2:

I'm not meaning this in a bad way. When it hasn't gone badly for him (and he's found it in a good way after Millsap came back in a full role), he's seemingly not affected the game either positively or negatively.

Outside of that great dunk, he seemingly wasn't involved in the fourth quarter of game 2 either positively or negatively after three quarters of doing a good job of controlling pace and what all was going on.

This game was great though by him. When he's aggressive it's actually a good thing for the team.

Edited by Lurker

I'm not sure that Dennis really even hates Wall, I think its just one way and it's Wall hating him. What's interesting to observe, although it didn't really apply as much to this game but more to the highlights I saw of game 1 and game 2 is his offensive take to the game. The only guy he respects on the opposing team to stop him defensively, is John Wall. If anyone else is on him, if he's not tired, he's going to the basket. If Wall's on him, he's deferring or taking jumpers.

I'm not sure why Bud waited until 0-2 to reveal the Dennis-Paul PNR that has Paul playmaking in the middle. There are issues with how Dennis is passing, particularly while he can throw a lob pass he really struggles doing it off the dribble inside, but he and Howard have never really clicked in PNR. As it was in December and at times later, the offense is fine if it goes primary Dennis-Paul PNR. It's not great but it's fine.

I love players who never get seriously injured.  Dennis stays in optimum condition.  I'm sure he's had some considerable dings thus far in his career but probably just sucked it up and kept quiet.

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

He is always going to be a scoring guard. He is not going to wake up one day and become Steve Nash. But as long as he's reasonable efficient I think it can work if we can get another good guard to pair with him.

True.  His strengths far outweigh his shortcomings on a well-built squad.  Jarrett Jack was an ideal BU and possible courtmate: much bigger, better jumpshot, same intensity.  Everyone (except @JayBirdHawk) was excited about his signing, then confused at his waiving.  They act like the man got gangrene from his injury or some sh@t.

Prince makes Dennis' life way easier than $70M Kent.  $70M Kent's main strength was supposed to be athleticism above the rim or so I thought (only 13 dunks the whole regular season). Prince dunks at a much better rate.  That simple alley oop connection between Prince and Dennis, $70M Kent would've fumbled it then kicked it out of bounds.

Gotta love Dennis amazement at Morris' comments in the press conference.  "Oh my God.  Oh."  I like Morris but maybe he should do his homework.  Sap basically gets shot every game in the regular season and doesn't get calls.  Good to see the refs finally awoke, good timing.  28 of 35 on FTs so far by my count.  Keep em coming.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2