• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Paul George

DrReality

• Moderators

LA would be stupid to give up much long-term value for the right to have George already on the roster when next offseason opens.  You can make the case that having Bird rights to him hurts them since the only thing LA can do to lose him is insult him by offering a less than max contract so give him a smaller non-Bird max rather than a Bird max.

We shouldn't do a different trade for him than something like Baze (free salary dump) and a first (can be flipped for similar value at the deadline).

• Like 1

Instead of looking at PG, we should go back to Chicago with the same offer we gave them during the season (reportedly). Cleveland is supposed to be working on scenarios to get Butler and I doubt they can offer a better deal than us. I say 4 first round picks, Baze and Bembry. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Randle and paPaul share an agent.  Unlikely they'd allow them to be traded for each other.

12 minutes ago, AHF said:

LA would be stupid to give up much long-term value for the right to have George already on the roster when next offseason opens.  You can make the case that having Bird rights to him hurts them since the only thing LA can do to lose him is insult him by offering a less than max contract so give him a smaller non-Bird max rather than a Bird max.

We shouldn't do a different trade for him than something like Baze (free salary dump) and a first (can be flipped for similar value at the deadline).

Oh man, thas a great idea.  I wonder where you got that from?  Hmmmm ...

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Yeah.  They're doing the right thing by trying to salvage what little value he has left via trading him to some thirsty team who thinks they can schmooze him into staying.

I'd ship them Baze and a janky 1st.  Shiiii, why not?  #salarydump

14 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Instead of looking at PG, we should go back to Chicago with the same offer we gave them during the season (reportedly). Cleveland is supposed to be working on scenarios to get Butler and I doubt they can offer a better deal than us. I say 4 first round picks, Baze and Bembry. 

Cleveland is more than likely looking for a team to take Love to send young players and picks to Bulls.

Per Woj:

“Teams are trying to decide what’s the appropriate cost for a player who they’re being told, pretty adamantly by Paul George’s camp, will be a rental. No matter who you are, no matter who has checked in or who potentially will check in, they’re gonna be told that Paul George is gonna play the season out and then he’s gonna go to the Lakers, that that’s his plan.”

On Chris Mannix’s NBC Sports Radio show, Adrian Wojnarowski said that Paul George’s camp is informing teams that he is not going to re-sign with anyone, regardless of who trades for him. He is fully intending to sign with the Lakers in free agency next summer without them giving up substantial assets. The Pacers are calling teams to see what they can get for him but other teams are trying to determine how much is worthwhile to give up.

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Per Woj:

“Teams are trying to decide what’s the appropriate cost for a player who they’re being told, pretty adamantly by Paul George’s camp, will be a rental. No matter who you are, no matter who has checked in or who potentially will check in, they’re gonna be told that Paul George is gonna play the season out and then he’s gonna go to the Lakers, that that’s his plan.”

On Chris Mannix’s NBC Sports Radio show, Adrian Wojnarowski said that Paul George’s camp is informing teams that he is not going to re-sign with anyone, regardless of who trades for him. He is fully intending to sign with the Lakers in free agency next summer without them giving up substantial assets. The Pacers are calling teams to see what they can get for him but other teams are trying to determine how much is worthwhile to give up.

Ridiculous.  Let him get 82 DNP-cd's then.  How 'bout tell IND this before this past trade deadline?  Folks'll say, "Well, this is what y'all wanted Durant to do."  Not really.  At best, it's a poor attempt at doing what folks wanted Durant to do.  It doesn't matter at this point.  All value is gone.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Ridiculous.  Let him get 82 DNP-cd's then.  How 'bout tell IND this before this past trade deadline?  Folks'll say, "Well, this is what y'all wanted Durant to do."  Not really.  At best, it's a poor attempt at doing what folks wanted Durant to do.  It doesn't matter at this point.  All value is gone.

I would do the opposite and play him 42 minutes a game.

37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Per Woj:

If that is how he feels nevermind then. I guess Magic promised him his own movie theatres in LA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Cleveland is more than likely looking for a team to take Love to send young players and picks to Bulls.

Exactly. Kevin love is not going to net you more than 2 picks at most, let alone 4 plus a former 1st rounder in Bembry. 

I would do the opposite and play him 42 minutes a game.

Haha, Classic.  You're pretty demented for a dame.

I can see why my man Larry Legend washed his hands of this business.  These kids these days just ain't right.  I don't even know where to start or end on George's "camp" and their mode of action.  All this for a guy who's too Hollywood to bend his knees anymore.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Haha, Classic.  You're pretty demented for a dame.

Based on study of my MIL, aren't these 2 of the same things?

Per Woj:

I love his game but wow why does he have to play for the Lakers just cuz he's from the area...cut the umbilical chord u 2 cent Indy hooker...:-|

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

I STILL can't fathom why anyone would want to go out West? At this point, any one with common sense knows it's easier to get to through LBJ and the Cavs.  Than Steph Curry, Durant, Klay, and the Warriors.  Why Paula?  Why?

At some point you assume it's about the lifestyle and not the championships for some of these guys.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

At some point you assume it's about the lifestyle and not the championships for some of these guys.

Honestly, he might be thinking "with the Warriors so good, I have no shot to win the championship. So let's just pack up and move to LA."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Based on study of my MIL, aren't these 2 of the same things?

May I? Goooooooooooootttttt heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem (r)...:-|

15 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Pacers are dreaming at best.  

Yeah, Pacers lose leverage each day. If Bud was still making final decisions I could see Hawks making a move for him but Schlenk doesn't seem like the type of guy who would make a move for George which is the best option IMO.

Continue to develop Prince. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So with a move like that we would see LeBron and Draymond beating each other up every minute they are on the court in next year's finals. Good for the drama factor I guess (ridiculous facial expressions and remarks back and forth on the floor and in the media) which is needed because who is gonna be surprised if they face off again for the trophy. No real drama with who the teams matching up will be.