• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Paul George

DrReality

Damn. We gotta go for it I feel, though I'm not sure we quite have what it would take. 4 picks is A LOT, but put AT LEAST a top-8 protection on our '19 pick and I'd feel better about it.

Tougher part is matching contracts... I feel the Pacers might be a bit more agreeable to a trade if we take on Ellis as well...

No team is giving them a first now, let alone 4 for a year rental. That dude just completely screwed the pacers, but they should have taken our offer during the season. 

The only team I can see trading for him now is Cleveland.

Edited by DS5
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DS5 said:

No team is giving them a first now, let alone 4 for a year rental. That dude just completely screwed the pacers, but they should have taken our offer during the season. 

The only team I can see trading for him now is Cleveland. 

We should go for it and send a first or more if we have to. The opportunity to trade for a star of his caliber does not come up often. George + Millsap + Bud with #31, Schröder, Hardaway and Prince leading the youth movement is gold, Jerry. Ressler will pay the tax for George.

Edit: See if we can't make some kind of Love for Howard swap while we're at it. Or maybe we could pry Gasol away from Memphis, who knows.

Edited by TheFuzz

5 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

We should go for it and send a first or more if we have to. The opportunity to trade for a star of his caliber does not come up often. George + Millsap + Bud with #31, Schröder, Hardaway and Prince leading the youth movement is gold, Jerry. Ressler will pay the tax for George.

Edit: See if we can't make some kind of Love for Howard swap while we're at it. Or maybe we could pry Gasol away from Memphis, who knows.

If, and only if they take Baze, I'd be willing to give at most either Minnesota or Cleveland pick plus maybe our first this year. Still, I just don't see it. Plus, I doubt Schlenk will bring Sap back unless he's willing to take a discount. 

See stuff like this frustrates me on missed chances, we could of packaged the picks we got from Horford+Millsap trades for George. Nonetheless I think we should go for it.

19 minutes ago, marco102 said:

If they take Baze,  then give them Cleveland and Minnesota's first round pick.  Resign Paul.  We could be the 2nd best team in the east who knows, may be able to get to the finals.

Paul will be 27 when Sap turns 33; Trade for George and make a run for Blake Griffin/Gordon Hayward/Kyle Lowry/Chris Paul.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Flight said:

A George - Millsap - Dwight front court could make us a solid second best in the East. We could really compete for a title depending on how much the backcourt develops. 

How hard is anyone playing for a title when you got a guy dominating the ball who doesn't even want to be here.   

• Like 3

They are trading him because they know he's bolting to LA. Last time I checked we aren't Lakers fans. If he agreed to a contract here, then of course, but getting him now is pointless. Especially if it meant handing out another huge deal which we would have to if we even wanted to compete next year, and by compete I mean maybe win 2 games against Cleveland.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Perfect time to try to use this to get out from under Baze's contract.

Baze + a few of those late 1st round draft picks we have . . and bring in George.   See if the Pacers will take something . . anything as compensation.

Or revisit that deal that you offered Indiana at the trade deadline, and see if they'll take it now.

If George bolts at the end of the year, but you can get rid of Baze, we're still good because we'll have a ton of flexibility from a cap perspective.

They wouldn't want Baze. They'd want Prince if anything. 

• Premium Member
Just now, BigDog90 said:

They wouldn't want Baze. They'd want Prince if anything. 

Then no deal. I don't even really care about Paul George coming here. We can "Rasheed Wallace" him for all I care. I just like any idea that has some other team picking up Baze's contract for the next few seasons. 

• Like 1