• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Signs pointing towards a Millsap Sign-and-Trade...

parfait

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

I hate to get on pops case but there's a reason he's disgruntled. Aldridge has never been a post offensive guy! His bread and butter was the mid range game which is now highly considered the dead shot of offensive basketball in the NBA.

im not saying Aldridge can't score in the post but it's just not his game and let's be honest...pop as great as he is forced that style of play on lamarcus.

so yeah he wants out...he wants to get to a team that will allow him to be a shooter like he was in Portland which is how he made a name for himself to begin with. 

I see things differently.

I think LA is disgruntled because he's been exposed.  He could do nothing to stop a GS sweep with the Claw out.   They made him look useless.  Moroever, since he's been in San Anton, everybody has put Tim Duncan shoes in his face and told him to wear them.  He can't.   We could prolly do a SNT of Sap/Picks for Aldridge.. but the real question is why?  Millsap is 4 months older than Aldridge and has been more durable.  Unless we can't keep Sap, I wouldn't reach for Aldridge too hard.

• Like 1

Avoid terrible contracts and terrible fits. I'll rather draft picks and assets. Someone like Kenneth Faried is what I would like. 

Someone who we could flip for a lottery pick. Or two 1st round picks. That's an asset. 

Ryan Anderson. Nope!

LMA don't fit S.A., he clearly won't fit our system

I have zero interest in stunting the rebuild. I would rather assets who can help the team in trade value 

Edited by NBASupes

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think LA is disgruntled because he's been exposed.  He could do nothing to stop a GS sweep with the Claw out.   They made him look useless.  Moroever, since he's been in San Anton, everybody has put Tim Duncan shoes in his face and told him to wear them.  He can't.   We could prolly do a SNT of Sap/Picks for Aldridge.. but the real question is why?  Millsap is 4 months older than Aldridge and has been more durable.  Unless we can't keep Sap, I wouldn't reach for Aldridge too hard.

This doesn't make sense. LMA is a build a offense around me type of guy, San Antonio was always a bad fit for his type. He needs to be in a place like Indiana or Toronto where they can use those type of players. 

Clearly not San Antonio and definitely not here. Then again, you were sold on the disaster named Dwight Howard. You tend to see the game wrong 9 out of 10 times.

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Completely understand what you're saying and agree that Aldridge failed to live up to Duncan or even get close (not that anyone should have thought he'd live up to those expectations) but that doesn't change the fact that pop used an ol school mentality with him....."You're 6'11 damn near 7 foot...get in the post and be a beast!"...that's not who LMA is.

its just not his style is my point. I'm strictly going off how Aldridge was used period! No one in the world should have thought he was actually going to beat the Warriors on his own so that's irrelevant in my opinion.

However the fact that pop tried to force a Tim Duncan scoring style on lamarcus Aldridge is very much real and it certainly failed because Aldridge is the opposite of Duncan when it comes to how they drop points.

5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

If it's Denver we could see a potential swap of :

Denver gets : Millsap 

Hawks get : Faried+ Chandler+Arthur

Faried is signed for 2 more seasons on a pretty good deal at 12.9 mill for next season and 13.7 mill for 2018-19 season. He can tutor Collins in these two years.

Chandler is signed for 12 mill this season and a player option of 12.8 mill for 2018-19. He's a pretty good all around baller. I like his overall game.

Darrell Arthur is signed for 7.4 mill this year and a player option of 7.4 mill in 2018-19. Very underrated defender, rebounder. Does a lot of little things. Bud loves guy like him I'm sure.

The salaries seem to matchups as well. I wouldn't be mad at this in any way. It gives up some gap spot guys, but guys that play hard (when they want to play..Faried), Chandler and Arthur. Plus we aren't committed to them long term and can still stay flexible for the future.

Thoughts?

I can't see them trading both Chandler and Faried, that would be the trade of the decade for Travis S. All on great deals too.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This doesn't make sense. LMA is a build a offense around me type of guy, San Antonio was always a bad fit for his type. He needs to be in a place like Indiana or Toronto where they can use those type of players. 

Clearly not San Antonio and definitely not here. Then again, you were sold on the disaster named Dwight Howard. You tend to see the game wrong 9 out of 10 times.

Welp let's let the arguments begin...see while I respect you as a poster I disagree.

howard was indeed a fit here if he played like he's was supposed to! By that I mean if he played the Warriors bogut role he's hands down a good fit!...the issue was he wanted post touches. 

Howards physical presence and last bit of athleticism he had fit Buds system perfectly BUT Howards mentality didn't correlate with the gifts he possessed to help run Buds offense correctly.

saying he's not or just wasn't a fit is wrong...saying he was maybe too dumb or had too low of bbiq to be in this system would be on point but him failing here offensively had nothing to do with the type of player he is but everything to do with his mindset.

on Lamarcus:

I believe if we allow him to be a shooter unlike pop did he'd probably return to his old form or close to it. Pop forced Aldridge to be a post guy and he's not that.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JTB said:

Welp let's let the arguments begin...see while I respect you as a poster I disagree.

howard was indeed a fit here if he played like he's was supposed to! By that I mean if he played the Warriors bogut role he's hands down a good fit!...the issue was he wanted post touches. 

Howards physical presence and last bit of athleticism he had fit Buds system perfectly BUT Howards mentality didn't correlate with the gifts he possessed to help run Buds offense correctly.

saying he's not or just wasn't a fit is wrong...saying he was maybe too dumb or had too low of bbiq to be in this system would be on point but him failing here offensively had nothing to do with the type of player he is but everything to do with his mindset.

on Lamarcus:

I believe if we allow him to be a shooter unlike pop did he'd probably return to his old form or close to it. Pop forced Aldridge to be a post guy and he's not that.

Dwight off the ball defense was horrendous. His PnR defense didn't exist. While his man didn't score much, he allowed guards to get free reign to attack the paint. 

Offense was a bigger disaster. He didn't like to move away from the paint and when he did, he was lazy.

There was a lot of issues with Aldridge other then just shooting tocuhes. I don't see it with him, you have to play his style, not him playing yours. I don't see it. 

Edited by NBASupes

SnT sap for lamarcus and Danny green. Salaries should match. San Antonio can make a run at CP3. We get veterans to help with the youth movement.  

Us... Shro / green / prince / Collins / Aldridge

Them... CP3 / ? / Kawhi / Millsap / gasol

I'm guessing hardaway will get too much for shlenk to want to sign him. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, JTB said:

on Lamarcus:

I agree to some extent with this but Howard was not the sole reason our offensive efficiency dropped so far. Korver was not having as good as season as in the past; then we traded him. Bazemore played more like a MLE signing than anything close to his game last year; and we lost Horfords efficiency.

We need more efficient offense but we also need to make up for Howards rebounding now. The only reason we made the playoffs last season despite sucking so bad offensively was our rebounding.

Schröder made good strides last season, Hardaway made good strides last season, Prince made good strides last season. If Millsap walks or is a SNT partner, those three and our rookies are the only players I feel attached to. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alex said:

Where does Minnesota come up with cap space to add Millsap and Butler?

I guess Rubio would probably have to be included, along with Aldrich. Can we get a trade exception and not take as much salary back? 

9 hours ago, Alex said:

Where does Minnesota come up with cap space to add Millsap and Butler?

If they release all their cap holds they will only have about 20 million free.  Not a max but not bad for a team that just added a top 15 player to their roster. The cap holds only include one somewhat significant player, Shabazz Muhhamed, who is a 7.6 million hold

I do not see Minny as a player for Paul, but they can for sure add one or more decent assets to their team.

Edited by Buzzard

13 hours ago, sturt said:

Pick one.

__ Aldridge for 1-2 years @ ~$22m

__ Millsap for 4 years @ ~$30 to $35m

__ ~$22m in new cap space

EDIT: Just saw your previous post @Hotlanta1981.... I take that as, "new cap space, please."

Fair enough.

I'd rather keep Millsap. With a team full of young guys you need veteran leaders not an aging, declining veteran worried about only himself. 

The Spurs are currently finding a hard time moving Aldridge for reason. Y'all really want the Hawks to bail out the Spurs again? No. Those days need to be over. 

There is no point in bringing in a guy who could potentially disrupt a locker room.  How often do players beef with Popavich and the Spurs front office to this extent? Something is off here. Stay away.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Completely understand what you're saying and agree that Aldridge failed to live up to Duncan or even get close (not that anyone should have thought he'd live up to those expectations) but that doesn't change the fact that pop used an ol school mentality with him....."You're 6'11 damn near 7 foot...get in the post and be a beast!"...that's not who LMA is.

its just not his style is my point. I'm strictly going off how Aldridge was used period!

LMA used to beast in the post when he came into the league. As time went on, he drifted out more. Very similar to what's his face that plays for the C's now. They've both gone soft with age.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Guard said:

The Spurs are currently finding a hard time moving Aldridge for reason. Y'all really want the Hawks to bail out the Spurs again? No. Those days need to be over. 

There is no point in bringing in a guy who could potentially disrupt a locker room.  How often do players beef with Popavich and the Spurs front office to this extent? Something is off here. Stay away.  

If they will take Plumlee or Bazemores contract I would consider it.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Guard said:

Most of these guys want winning even if it's average at all cost. 

I learned that the fear of our first rebuild really made a lot of fans untrusting of the process and I can see why. For me, I look at the bigger picture. Winning titles is what I want. I rather go big and prep then just being there to be there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Avoid terrible contracts and terrible fits. I'll rather draft picks and assets. Someone like Kenneth Faried is what I would like. 

Someone who we could flip for a lottery pick. Or two 1st round picks. That's an asset. 

Ryan Anderson. Nope!

LMA don't fit S.A., he clearly won't fit our system

I have zero interest in stunting the rebuild. I would rather assets who can help the team in trade value 

I agree...I think the Nuggs wouldn't mind moving both Faried and Chandler just because they have Gallo, but obviously their roster is far from being complete.

Also, if they have Chriss, Bender, newly drafted Josh Jackson, AND they add a Paul Millsap, that's essentially 4 power forwards. I realize you can prolly play a couple or few of them out of position but would it be conceivable to think that they may send a Bender or Chriss our way with a Faried included.

Hawks get: Faried + Bender or Chriss

Nuggets get: Sap + 2018 second round pick

Thats not gonna work due to figures and such but something along those lines where we at least get a building block back...aka the way things used to be about 10 or 15 years ago with unrestricted sign n trades.

Thoughts?

@NBASupes Who do you like better btw Bender or Chriss? Personally I'd take a gamble on saying Bender is the better player in 5 years but Chriss is no slouch. I saw some Suns games where that kid DID NOT look like a rookie in any way, shape or form. He looked like an angry 10 year NBA vet...just dunking on people left and right. I also noticed he was one of those dudes that's naturally strong at his weight...meaning his body composition won't change much (ala Kevin Garnett) yet he's wiry strong.

I'd be pretty happy with any deal that nets us some kind of building block moving forward.

Just now, Dolfan23 said:

Saw a video the other day where Paul Pierce said that if he were GM that he wouldn't trade himself for LA. He says LA is on his way down and about done. 

Cupcake soft...long gone are the poundtown days...hahaha like you in jail hahahah-kg

(noticed I didn't call out kg..he's gonna have to dig for this one..)