• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Signs pointing towards a Millsap Sign-and-Trade...

parfait

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Riley is like a peacock these days just ruffling his feathers to steal some headlines. I think he knows he is on a long road to rebuilding and will not trade any picks in the near future. His asking price for the Unicorn was up there with a Durant and Bron trade but he made the kid feel a little uncomfortable as pay back for dishing his beloved exit interview.

He cannot make the Knicks relevant in the playoffs so he will try and keep them relevant in the media.

Riley??? You mean Phil.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Riley??? You mean Phil.

Yes, I always get those two crossed up if I do not think before posting.

Fixed and thanks!

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

I agree but realistically star players aren't coming unless you can bring them in pairs.

Even if we accept that premise, it's rare to have the chance to make max cap space all in one fell swoop. Rather, you get there i chunks. This would be a chunk. Again, not advocating anything, but just making the observation.

2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

This last playoffs? He played worse than he did in the regular season didn't he? 

In the post season he was 16.5/7 but it was due to system.  in the 2 games after Leonard's injury, Aldridge was 31/9.5.   That is what I was talking about. He dominated the next 2 games and showed that he is still a great player.

10 minutes ago, thecampster said:

In the post season he was 16.5/7 but it was due to system.  in the 2 games after Leonard's injury, Aldridge was 31/9.5.   That is what I was talking about. He dominated the next 2 games and showed that he is still a great player.

No one is denying 'great' player, it's the baggage that comes with it, especially with a young team. (See Portland)

✔@jwquick

LaMarcus is a great talent. Great. The amount of BS that comes with him, however, is substantial. It wears on a franchise.

Who wants a new GM worried about that?

Here are IMO Schlenk's targets during FA:

C/PF

Paul Millsap

Dewayne Dedmon

Serge Ibaka

Nikola Mirotic

Patrick Patterson

Mike Muscala

Amir Johnson

Aron Baynes

Ersan Ilyasova

Nene

SG/SF

Tim Hardaway Jr.

James Johnson

Danilo Gallinari

Andre Iguodala

JJ Redick

Joe Ingles

Jonathon Simmons

CJ Miles

PJ Tucker

Luc Mbah a Moute

Tony Snell

Omri Casspi

Tyreke Evans

Nick Young

Ben McLemore

Andre Roberson

PG

Ian Clark

Shaun Livingston

Sergio Rodriquez

Beno Udrih

Deron Williams

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Against the Warriors in the first game where Leonard played, Aldridge had 28 points but in the next three games Leonard did not play in, Aldridge had 8 points, 18 points and 8 points. Understanding that the competition is much greater against the Warriors than the Rockets and all but it shows what some have said about him along with the baggage. Add to that do we know how serious that "heart arrhythmia problem is". 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Against the Warriors in the first game where Leonard played, Aldridge had 28 points but in the next three games Leonard did not play in, Aldridge had 8 points, 18 points and 8 points. Understanding that the competition is much greater against the Warriors than the Rockets and all but it shows what some have said about him along with the baggage. Add to that do we know how serious that "heart arrhythmia problem is". 

If he's unable to play again,, doesn't his salary come off the books? 

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Two good games is hardly proof that one is still a great player. He doesn't make his teammates better.

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes, really. If Millsap 'chooses' to be here. It's all about our young team - rather have them play WITH and learn from Millsap. 

Plus....

LaMarcus is a great talent. Great. The amount of BS that comes with him, however, is substantial. It wears on a franchise.

Wow...I wouldn't have pegged Lamarcus for being trouble on a team in any way. He seems like a high character guy but apparently not. Lol.

6 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I agree...I think the Nuggs wouldn't mind moving both Faried and Chandler just because they have Gallo, but obviously their roster is far from being complete.

Also, if they have Chriss, Bender, newly drafted Josh Jackson, AND they add a Paul Millsap, that's essentially 4 power forwards. I realize you can prolly play a couple or few of them out of position but would it be conceivable to think that they may send a Bender or Chriss our way with a Faried included.

Hawks get: Faried + Bender or Chriss

Nuggets get: Sap + 2018 second round pick

Thats not gonna work due to figures and such but something along those lines where we at least get a building block back...aka the way things used to be about 10 or 15 years ago with unrestricted sign n trades.

Thoughts?

@NBASupes Who do you like better btw Bender or Chriss? Personally I'd take a gamble on saying Bender is the better player in 5 years but Chriss is no slouch. I saw some Suns games where that kid DID NOT look like a rookie in any way, shape or form. He looked like an angry 10 year NBA vet...just dunking on people left and right. I also noticed he was one of those dudes that's naturally strong at his weight...meaning his body composition won't change much (ala Kevin Garnett) yet he's wiry strong.

I'd be pretty happy with any deal that nets us some kind of building block moving forward.

Bender. Better BBIQ with excellent skills. We just need his physical tools and physical maturity to catch up with his skills and IQ. 

That said, Chriss is a special talent but his skills and BBIQ still needs worked. He would be stunted by two years in our system in terms of NBA readiness. That said, special talent!

10 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Wow...I wouldn't have pegged Lamarcus for being trouble on a team in any way. He seems like a high character guy but apparently not. Lol.

Always been moody and whiny I think.

That said, I mentioned it earlier, but I think (if Millsap takes a little less) we can clear enough space to absorb Aldridge and resign Millsap, and then go after Paul George with Bazemore + Picks. Pipe dream, maybe, but not out of this world.

If we renounce everyone except Millsap and stretch Plumlee, sign Millsap to a deal starting at about $26M, we have around enough space to take on Aldridge. Would not look awful...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

Always been moody and whiny I think.

That said, I mentioned it earlier, but I think (if Millsap takes a little less) we can clear enough space to absorb Aldridge and resign Millsap, and then go after Paul George with Bazemore + Picks. Pipe dream, maybe, but not out of this world.

If we renounce everyone except Millsap and stretch Plumlee, sign Millsap to a deal starting at about $26M, we have around enough space to take on Aldridge. Would not look awful...

I'm missing something. I thought the whole premise of obtaining Aldridge was SAS having interest in a SnT... how is he coming to ATL w/o sending them Sap?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, DBac said:

Whew Dragon Bender was really bad last year. Maybe it is feasible that Phoenix gives up quickly for a Millsap. I still love the skillset that he can bring. 

I think people in Phoenix have been pretty disappointed with Bender between injuries and not living up to the hype. They now have Chriss and Josh Jackson, and if they can add Millsap, I don't see why they wouldn't do a s&t for him and chandler.