Signs pointing towards a Millsap Sign-and-Trade...

parfait

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Cupcake soft...long gone are the poundtown days...hahaha like you in jail hahahah-kg

(noticed I didn't call out kg..he's gonna have to dig for this one..)

We'd have the softest front court with LA and Moose starting... improved a bit with Plumlee or Collins. But no real bangers in that group at all. Someone get Ivan under contract please.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

We'd have the softest front court with LA and Moose starting... improved a bit with Plumlee or Collins. But no real bangers in that group at all. Someone get Ivan under contract please.

It's amazing..(and kinda sad) how a middle finger can propel you to my top 25 Hawks of all time list. (I guess the opponent was takin into consideration here..) #ivan4president

25. Ivan Johnson

24. Jason Terry

23. Shareef Abdur Rahim

6. Paul Millsap

5. Mookie Blaylock

1. Nique

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

You tend to see the game wrong 9 out of 10 times.

That's just uncalled for, Supers.  We can all disagree but no need to question folks' intelligence.

Among my first acts as mod will be a substantial suspension for you, sir.

9 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Cupcake soft...long gone are the poundtown days...hahaha like you in jail hahahah-kg

(noticed I didn't call out kg..he's gonna have to dig for this one..)

As a future mod/admin, I can't get bogged down in you and Dolf's tickle fights.

9 hours ago, sturt said:

Cap space isn't chopped liver in this era. Just sayin.

I agree but realistically star players aren't coming unless you can bring them in pairs. Mason Plumlee is preventing us from having two max slots. Couple this with the Hawks free agent history and it's probably not as valuable as it would be to blue blood teams like the Lakers.

They said they are not rebuilding so that is a not rebuilding stay flexible move that allows you to compete. You get two max slots when Plum and Ryan expire, or trade them the year before as expiring deals.

Supes you're right about Howard. Dwight could've averaged more points if Schröder knew how to feed him in the paint but with that said it was a bad fit from the beginning.

1. Horford stayed outside and that allowed Paul room to operate in the paint by driving or posting up. Dwight couldn't operate outside and it took away some of Paul's versatility, forced him to take too many long jumpers.

2. Horford and Paul both were great passers and could play off of each other. Dwight wasn't able to play the two man game.

3. Dwight's inability to get out of the lane also kept Schröder, Hardaway, and Bazemore from having clearer driving lanes to the basket.

4.I can't blame Dwight for everything but the offense ran smoother when he was on the sidelines.

PS. Aldridge is no Millsap. 

Any sign and trade with Denver must first include Jamal Murray.

So no to Houston, nothing good to offer.

Any sign and trade with Sacramento must include Justin Jackson or Buddy Hield.

Bring back Sap if the price is right. I understood why we didn't pay Al but he was surely missed this year on and off the court.

TRW

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's just uncalled for, Supers.  We can all disagree but no need to question folks' intelligence.

Among my first acts as mod will be a substantial suspension for you, sir.

As a future mod/admin, I can't get bogged down in you and Dolf's tickle fights.

Lmmfao I didn't do a great job of hiding ..

11 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

LMA is on the decline He had his worst year since his rookie year this past year. I'd rather have Millsap than him at this point.

Sorry but that is crazy talk. LMA's decline was due to system and players on the roster.  His performance in the playoffs should correct that view of him.

7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Sorry but that is crazy talk. LMA's decline was due to system and players on the roster.  His performance in the playoffs should correct that view of him.

This last playoffs? He played worse than he did in the regular season didn't he? 

44 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

If they will take Plumlee or Bazemores contract I would consider it.

Getting rid of Bazemore isn't worth a potential headache in the locker room. He's also not as good as he used to be.  I don't think  it's worth it personally. 

Also, the Spurs want to add players in free agency which is one of the reasons they want to move Aldridge.  I don't see them taking on another bad contract.  

5 minutes ago, Guard said:

Getting rid of Bazemore isn't worth a potential headache in the locker room. He's also not as good as he used to be.  I don't think  it's worth it personally. 

Also, the Spurs want to add players in free agency which is one of the reasons they want to move Aldridge.  I don't see them taking on another bad contract.  

I understand what you are saying. I don't care for Aldridge all that much either so the only way I would consider it is if they took on a bad contract.

14 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

This last playoffs? He played worse than he did in the regular season didn't he? 

Believe it or not he shot under 15% from three in the playoffs on very few shots. Overall his percentages were down everywhere else as well.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/2983/lamarcus-aldridge

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'd rather keep Millsap. With a team full of young guys you need a veteran leaders not an aging, declining veteran worried himself. 

Really?

i love sap but I rather not waste his time. Let him go play with coach pop and Leonard to give himself a legit shot to win a ring.

meanwhile we'll just take on Aldridge & his much cheaper contract over less amount of years and hold our breath until he becomes a free agent after two years.

WELL FORGET EVERYTHING I SAID 

didnt know lamarcus was dealing with a heart issue similar to bosh. Best to not trade for a player with a health condition...that's way worse than Howard having a back issue.

1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

LMA used to beast in the post when he came into the league. As time went on, he drifted out more. Very similar to what's his face that plays for the C's now. They've both gone soft with age.

And LMA is not the passer that Sap and Horford are. He is strictly a "me first" player.

Like I sai, we could try it for a year, but I suspect it will end about as well as the Howard era.

37 minutes ago, JTB said:

Really?

i love sap but I rather not waste his time. Let him go play with coach pop and Leonard to give himself a legit shot to win a ring.

meanwhile we'll just take on Aldridge & his much cheaper contract over less amount of years and hold our breath until he becomes a free agent after two years.

Yes, really. If Millsap 'chooses' to be here. It's all about our young team - rather have them play WITH and learn from Millsap. 

Plus....

LaMarcus is a great talent. Great. The amount of BS that comes with him, however, is substantial. It wears on a franchise.

Why not just send him to NYK for Melo and some draft picks? We'd have Melo for a year if he likes it here he can play out his contract and then go sign with Lebron if not we can trade him at the deadline with no hassle cause he's on a short term deal. Plus he's easily marketable on a team that currently only has 1 marketable player... 

3 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Why not just send him to NYK for Melo and some draft picks? We'd have Melo for a year if he likes it here he can play out his contract and then go sign with Lebron if not we can trade him at the deadline with no hassle cause he's on a short term deal. Plus he's easily marketable on a team that currently only has 1 marketable player... 

Not happening. Melo has a no trade clause and he doesn't want to come here. Phil would've traded him last year if that was possible. 

Just now, LucastheThird said:

Not happening. Melo has a no trade clause and he doesn't want to come here. Phil would've traded him last year if that was possible. 

I don't think Melo would be like nah I ain't going to Atlanta based on what his current situation is in New York, but if we were a place like Sacramento I could understand that.... I just don't see why he wouldn't want to leave for somewhere like here... hell even in Dallas it'd be a better situation than the one he's currently in. 

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Phil is like a peacock these days just ruffling his feathers to steal some headlines. I think he knows he is on a long road to rebuilding and will not trade any picks in the near future. His asking price for the Unicorn was up there with a Durant and Bron trade but he made the kid feel a little uncomfortable as pay back for dishing his beloved exit interview.

He cannot make the Knicks relevant in the playoffs so he will try and keep them relevant in the media.

Edited by Buzzard