• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency Thread.

Diesel

1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

Its quite obvious our genius GM does not want to sign a free agent.  But, somewhere and somehow we gotta get to that magic 82 million on salary.   

Barring a trade, someone is about to get seriously overpaid to be here...

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 7/9/2017 at 2:43 AM, benhillboy said:

I always liked Jeff Green.  You can't tell me $2.3M to reinvigorate his career behind Lebron ain't a steal.

It is the first deal of his career where he isn't grossly overpaid.  Solid signing for Cleveland.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

This makes it all the crazier that we would stretch Craw.

Makes no sense at all and I didnt realize we stretched Craw.   He must have a trade up his sleeve or more like has been said gonna help Melo to Houston or someplace for a 1st round pick and take on Anderson's contract.  Who knows

• Moderators

I am hoping the info we saw was bad on stretching Craw.  I didn't like the idea of a buyout at all but stretching him into years where we plan to be competitive means you better use that cap space now for real value.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I am hoping the info we saw was bad on stretching Craw.  I didn't like the idea of a buyout at all but stretching him into years where we plan to be competitive means you better use that cap space now for real value.

This whole thing has had me scratching my head this weekend.  Numerous scenarios thought of and none make any sense at all.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

My guess is that we were hoping that what the team that picked him up for would help? Otherwise.. another dumb move. 

1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

Its quite obvious our genius GM does not want to sign a free agent.  But, somewhere and somehow we gotta get to that magic 82 million on salary.   

WE sit at 77 million with 11 players. Meaning 2-3 more with 5 million to meet that number.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, noble said:

WE sit at 77 million with 11 players. Meaning 2-3 more with 5 million to meet that number.

So we have 11 signed players?  I though we renounced Illy, Thabo, and a couple more.  

10 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

So we have 11 signed players?  I though we renounced Illy, Thabo, and a couple more.  

Counting our first two draft picks we do have eleven I believe. They both will be on the roster.

• Like 1

It's obvious to me what is happening.  People not able to figure this out are stuck with a false premise that we are going in to camp with the roster we have and signing the bare minimum.

We stretched Crawford because we want to use salary cap to sign the remaining 4-5 players we need to complete our roster.  It's that simple.  

2 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

You dont have to be over the salary floor until way later in the season.  Budenschlenkenholzer could be trying to absorb contracts in return for pics arround the trade deadline. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Watchman said:

OK.  This is really boring.  Somebody start making up rumors just to make things more interesting.

I wonder if some trades and offers are being held up by Washington matching the Porter offer, which can only be done tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Counting our first two draft picks we do have eleven I believe. They both will be on the roster.

Yes this is correct, with our draft picks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ATLSmith said:

You dont have to be over the salary floor until way later in the season.  Budenschlenkenholzer could be trying to absorb contracts in return for pics arround the trade deadline. 

Budenschlenkenholzer...best name ever. My thoughts are flooded with filth.....ha 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

Well, I sort of stole it from @hazer

Kind of sad I'm not going to get to say Ilyasovavichkovchev much anymore...

• Like 2