• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency Thread.

Diesel

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

In other news, Utah is keeping both Gordon Hayward and Joe Ingles.  With Paul not looking to be in Minnesota now and possibly Denver, Minnesota will be in competition for what is likely the 8th seed in the West with Denver and the Clippers.  The top 7 out west are Golden State, San Antonio, Houston, Oklahoma City, Utah, Portland, and Memphis.  

Hold your breath, as the Hawks may not get that pick conveyed just yet.  2018 is going to be a weak draft anyway.

Where are you getting the inforamtion that Gordon Hayward is going back to Utah and Paul? I haven't seen it anywhere.

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Where are you getting the inforamtion that Gordon Hayward is going back to Utah and Paul? I haven't seen it anywhere.

Just some more made up stuff...Kinda been par for this site recently.

7 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Michael Carter Williams sucks. I would call him a bust.

I'd agree but he still averaged 16.8 pts 6.3 assists, 6.2 rebounds, and 1.9 steals as a rookie. How on earth did that happen? Like he looked like he was going to be hot shit and then became complete trash. I'd take him on the minimum just in case he could bring that back. I know that's what his last teams said too though, but what have we got to lose?

1 hour ago, MaceCase said:

It's just like Tyreke Evans when the Kings not only allowed but encouraged him to spam that "20-5-5" record.  If you give 80% of NBA players free reign with the ball they will produce stats, doesn't mean it contributes anything towards winning or even making them a better player.

BOOM!

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

23 mill for Redick?  He fits well with that squad but damn.

As said above, in the abstract that is terrible but Philly had to spend pretty big dollars on a guy or two to meet their salary floor so why not bring in a vet whose primary skill is your team's primary need?  Sounds like a great fit to me and the salary on a 1 year deal for them is irrelevant. 

Philly is like the guy who has $20 left and only one slot to fill at the end of your fantasy draft.  Who cares if he spends the proper $13 or all $20?  Just add the short term contract you want at whatever price gets it done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Jodie Meeks to Wiz. Bogdan deal less likely to be matched 

Bojan. Bogdan, who isn't even from the same country weirdly enough, is a King. 

Ive wanted Bojan for a long time at a reasonable price. He always seemed so Hawksy. I guess I was cheering whenever he got on the court in the playoffs though because he was getting killed. 

7 minutes ago, CP61 said:

Bojan. Bogdan, who isn't even from the same country weirdly enough, is a King. 

Ive wanted Bojan for a long time at a reasonable price. He always seemed so Hawksy. I guess I was cheering whenever he got on the court in the playoffs though because he was getting killed. 

I hate how similar the names are.

if we could dump Baze for Bojan somehow would be magic, keep paul, who everyone thought would have a much bigger market. You can easily argue, he could have a better chance of playoff success here than Denver now that the West is so stacked

1 hour ago, AHF said:

As said above, in the abstract that is terrible but Philly had to spend pretty big dollars on a guy or two to meet their salary floor so why not bring in a vet whose primary skill is your team's primary need?  Sounds like a great fit to me and the salary on a 1 year deal for them is irrelevant. 

Philly is like the guy who has $20 left and only one slot to fill at the end of your fantasy draft.  Who cares if he spends the proper $13 or all $20?  Just add the short term contract you want at whatever price gets it done.

True, it hit me when I realized all their best players are still on rookie deals.  GS model playing out for these guys?  Put me down for tickets against the Wolves and Philly.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, sturt said:

From HoopsRumors.... and just have to say, I would absolutely love to see this go down....

2017-07-02_1252.png

Yeah - I'd love to see them give up some plus defenders to get Melo.  

As an aside, I don't get the "no D, can't drive or post up" focus of the Cavs recently (Fry and our two former Hawks fitting that mold).