• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Sign Dedmon

Jody23

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

The only reason I see Collins might not start from the get go at PF is no experience with Bud's scheme and Moose has three and a half years of it.

Point well-taken... and/but that goes to the "commitment to orthodoxy" rationale.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

After Dedmon we have scrubs.  Plumlee is 3rd string kind of guy and Diamond Stone has to prove he is NBA ready.  Not sure we have anyone after Dedmon we can count on.

Agreed.

Unless that other Miles Plumlee--the one who actually made some noise for a little while back in PHX years ago--resurfaces.

I like 20 year-old Stone's chances of being a force at age 24, though... ie, about the time we might expect to be back in the playoff mix again.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Someone who could start until he is ready.  

Do you view JaMychal Green as that kind of player? Just asking out of curiosity--not advocating or challenging.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, sturt said:

Yeah.... hehe... I'm sure you've made that decision but whether Bud and staff pay you any attention is key. Long odds on that. Heck, Collins said that Coach Lee specifically told him in the SL game to fire up a few 17 footers... don't be blind, that's a prelude to what's to come. This is a different era, and like Sap and like Horf before him, Collins will be given every shot at expanding his range. Whether he can do that or not might be another story, but he will be given every shot.

It ain't always about offense my friend...Defense and rebounding counts a lot when you don't have those star offensive players.  This is what frustrates me most about Bud to be honest with you.  Its a simple concept that this dude refuses to accept.  He keep operating like he has Curry and durant...Going small and ignoring defense and rebound while Hardaway shoots blanks.  I'm hoping the dude will change.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

It ain't always about offense my friend...Defense and rebounding counts a lot when you don't have those star offensive players.  This is what frustrates me most about Bud to be honest with you.  Its a simple concept that this dude refuses to accept.  He keep operating like he has Curry and durant...Going small and ignoring defense and rebound while Hardaway shoots blanks.  I'm hoping the dude will change.

Bud values defense and rebounding.  That's why he has his players run back instead of trying to offensive rebound in order to stop fast breaks.  He allowed Dwight to do it, but everyone else were getting back in transition D.  Bud's never had a defense lower than 12th and that was his first year in Atlanta, the other years he was top 10 in defensive efficiency. 

The reasons the Hawks sucked at rebounding is because Al Horford became soft as Charmin.  Collins AND Dedmon seem to have the ability to rebound well and play pick and roll defense. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Bud values defense and rebounding.  That's why he has his players run back instead of trying to offensive rebound in order to stop fast breaks.  He allowed Dwight to do it, but everyone else were getting back in transition D.  Bud's never had a defense lower than 12th and that was his first year in Atlanta, the other years he was top 10 in defensive efficiency. 

The reasons the Hawks sucked at rebounding is because Al Horford became soft as Charmin.  Collins AND Dedmon seem to have the ability to rebound well and play pick and roll defense. 

So which one of those does Mike Muscala or Ryan kelly provide?

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Thats beautiful. They are going to give us a nice advantage on the glass I do believe.

Dedmon is trash..His signing should make Dennis Schröder happy..He gets another stiff who won't complain about post touches or getting the ball off the pick and roll..Y'all callin this dude a rim protector and he has never averaged  1 bpg..smh

Flexibility how??  2 years of 6pts and 5 rebounds.. Dedmon just got away with highway robbery.. He should opt into year 2 immediately with those pedestrian nimbers.. Smh

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This is what frustrates me most about Bud to be honest with you...  I'm hoping the dude will change.

Good luck with that.

(Not literally, that is. I agree with Bud on that one, and completely.)

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So which one of those does Mike Muscala or Ryan kelly provide?

Moose plays the role he needs to on the team, he's a stretch five who can rebound at times and his defense improved some last year.  He's still below average at best.  Ryan Kelly isn't on the team so need to comment, but if you are going all the way down to Moose to try to disprove the facts I just threw at you to hate on Bud, then by all means go ahead.  I can't understand how you can be so positive about some things but hate on the biggest assets the Hawks have which is coach Bud and his player development system.

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, LastDon said:

Dedmon is trash..His signing should make Dennis Schröder happy..He gets another stiff who won't complain about post touches or getting the ball off the pick and roll..Y'all callin this dude a rim protector and he has never averaged  1 bpg..smh

Flexibility how??  2 years of 6pts and 5 rebounds.. Dedmon just got away with highway robbery.. He should opt into year 2 immediately with those pedestrian nimbers.. Smh

So where were the minutes going to come from on a team with Gasol Duncan and Aldridge?

14 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I don't think we have a chance at JaMychal Green.  He will get matched by the Grizzlies.  Otherwise, yes.

Actually, he isn't in every case. Don't remember the number exactly but I read a report that if he wants over X number they won't match.

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Moose plays the roll he needs to on the team, he's a stretch five who can rebound at times and his defense improved some last year.  Ryan Kelly isn't on the team so need to comment, but if you are going all the way down to Moose to try to disprove the facts I just threw at you to hate on Bud, then by all means go ahead.  I can't understand how you can be so positive about some things but hate on the biggest assets the Hawks have which is coach Bud and his player development system.

Hear me for a second.  Year after years past with Falcon under mike smith without a pass rush, fast linebackers and a secondary.  over the last 2 drafts under Quinn, all of it got fixed why?  Because it was a priority!  Under Schlenk, we would not have been drafting john Jenkin or Mike Scott... we would have found some developmental centers like we have now.  It took Schlenk only 1 offseason to find all of these developmental centers...Where where they the previous 5 years???

By the way, Bud cut Eddie to sign Kelly

• Like 2