• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2017-18 Predictions

AHF

Was right on the money in 2015.  One game off last year so I fully expect me to nail it again this season.  

Official prediction:  29-53

No later than May 1, 2018 the Hawks are looking for a new head coach.

12 hours ago, Alex said:

Was right on the money in 2015.  One game off last year so I fully expect me to nail it again this season.  

Official prediction:  29-53

No later than May 1, 2018 the Hawks are looking for a new head coach.

Pretty close to my win/loss prediction earlier in this thread, although I’m 3 games more optimistic. And if Hawks replace Bud, it better be with Snyder or Atkinson. But it’ll prolly have a Schlenk/Warriors connection.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

25 to 30 wins. If we were in the West it would be 15-20 wins.

This is going to be an ugly season.

If you don't pick a number, your prediction won't be part of the big board that we track.  Ranges don't count.  @Sothron

• Like 2

34-48 and we'll fighting for a playoff spot at the end of the regular season. 

Dedmon will be in the MIP discussion, and Collins will be in the ROY discussion but neither will win it. Both will be in the top 5 of their respective categories, though. 

And no way in hell Bud gets fired. In fact, I think we'll see budball again with more hustle, but less talent. Hence, the poor record. But I think we'll be a really fun team to watch, with the typical inconsistencies of a young team.  

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, DS5 said:

34-48 and we'll fighting for a playoff spot at the end of the regular season. 

Dedmon will be in the MIP discussion, and Collins will be in the ROY discussion but neither will win it. Both will be in the top 5 of their respective categories, though. 

And no way in hell Bud gets fired. In fact, I think we'll see budball again with more hustle, but less talent. Hence, the poor record. But I think we'll be a really fun team to watch, with the typical inconsistencies of a young team.  

I guess it depends on whether you think it's funny to see the Hawks being blown out night in and night out. If you like it, then you're definitely in for a treat. :biggrin:

• Like 1

I’d rather see some crazy ass improvement from these youngsters rather than the playoffs...then again if they make the playoffs which seems unrealistic based on the preseason then I’d assume that would mean players are drastically improving.

i will go with 25-34 wins. With big hopes that Collins at the least makes nba all rookie first team

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, JTB said:

I’d rather see some crazy ass improvement from these youngsters rather than the playoffs...then again if they make the playoffs which seems unrealistic based on the preseason then I’d assume that would mean players are drastically improving.

i will go with 25-34 wins. With big hopes that Collins at the least makes nba all rookie first team

@JTB We will be tracking predictions but  yours will not count if you don't pick a record.  Ranges (like 25-34 wins) will not be considered.

13 hours ago, JTB said:

33 wins final answer 

Put me down for 33 wins as well. We will beat a lot off teams just by playing harder than our opponent in a long regular season. I would of gone higher before,  but pre season was a real mixed bag.  

Bazemore finishess in top 10 for MIP. 

Bembry finishes in the top 5 MIP

Bud nixes any Collins post season awards with his coaching. Unless there is an award for most screens set without an offensive touch. 

Edited by ATLien_

• Premium Member

I say there's just too many question marks to even bother with trying to be accurate.

So, I say, if you can't be accurate, just be optimistic.

17 wins... and, the optimistic part... the most ping pong balls in the draft lottery hopper.

Tie-breaker, Splitter will play zero games for us this season.

EDIT

Conference finish: 15th

A/TO ratio: 1.66666666666666 to 1

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

@AHF do we need a tie breaker?  Like:

1)  The number of dunks by Collins.

2)  Assist to turnover ratio for Dennis.

Finish in conference is listed to be the first tiebreaker.

I like A/TO ratio for Dennis as a second one.