• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight Howard's quote on tonight's game....

johnnyde

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

How did this guy ever make it, not even make it, BUT lead a team to the NBA Finals?

He was a beast back then.  Represented an impactful mismatch and was surrounded by some skilled shooters.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

How did this guy ever make it, not even make it, BUT lead a team to the NBA Finals?

Because he's good.  Was Better.   Was Snubbed for the Allstar game this year. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Because he's good.  Was Better.   Was Snubbed for the Allstar game this year. 

You have to be exceptional if your team isn't playoff bound to make the All-Star game.  Dwight isn't in the discussion for snubs.  For a better guy who didn't make the team with his profile, take a look at Andre Drummond.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

You have to be exceptional if your team isn't playoff bound to make the All-Star game.  Dwight isn't in the discussion for snubs.  For a better guy who didn't make the team with his profile, take a look at Andre Drummond.

Porzingas??  Love??  Inconsistence.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Porzingas??  Love??  Inconsistence.

Howard is on the worst team of the 3.  He is the 2nd best player on his non-playoff team unlike Porzingas who is the best and Love who is the second best on a top seed in the East.  

Howard has the lowest scoring by a country mile (which is always rewarded the most) and lowest PER of the 3.  

Howard plays just like Whiteside and Drummond.  Only Drummond has been a ton better and Whiteside plays for a much better team.  

Porzingas got 1,100,000 votes from fans (4th among big menn the East), 100 votes from players (3rd best), 14 from media (4th best)

Love got 770,000 votes from fans (5th best), 31 from players (6th best) and 2 votes from the Media (7th best)

Dwight got 186,000 votes from fans (10th best), 10 from players (13th best), and not a single vote from the Media

You can't be surprised by any of this.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I really was hoping that he was going to work out last year. The conference with him and Baze at the beginning of the year got me so excited for last season. His mind seemed like it was in a good place and he was embracing his home and past. He wasn’t bad last year, but his attitude and body language got worse as the season went on. Now I’m back to hating him as much as I did when he was with Orlando and Houston, it’s as if the period of being a Dwight fan was just a dream.

Diesel is still 1 for 2 on players recently for the Hawks. 100% right about Dennis and 100% wrong on Dwight. If Dwight was such a real good player, why is it that the Hornets stink?

But since this cat is a know it all, he's still going to come call me out on that?

The Hornets are 6-4 in their last 10 and putting it together. They are 4.5 games out of a playoff spot and nobody will want to play them if they make the playoffs. They are dangerous. Despite being 7 games under .500 they are +.1 in score differential. They are getting better and could be very good come playoff time. Early season was an adjustment period. If healthy, they are dangerous.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

Howard is on the worst team of the 3.  He is the 2nd best player on his non-playoff team unlike Porzingas who is the best and Love who is the second best on a top seed in the East.  

Howard has the lowest scoring by a country mile (which is always rewarded the most) and lowest PER of the 3.  

Howard plays just like Whiteside and Drummond.  Only Drummond has been a ton better and Whiteside plays for a much better team.  

Porzingas got 1,100,000 votes from fans (4th among big menn the East), 100 votes from players (3rd best), 14 from media (4th best)

Love got 770,000 votes from fans (5th best), 31 from players (6th best) and 2 votes from the Media (7th best)

Dwight got 186,000 votes from fans (10th best), 10 from players (13th best), and not a single vote from the Media

You can't be surprised by any of this.

I'm certainly not surprised by the media.  They have their favorites. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Diesel is still 1 for 2 on players recently for the Hawks. 100% right about Dennis and 100% wrong on Dwight. If Dwight was such a real good player, why is it that the Hornets stink?

But since this cat is a know it all, he's still going to come call me out on that?

Nicolas Batum.

He missed 14 games injured.   And I don't know how long it took him to get back to his playing shape. 

Walker-Batum-Kidd-Gilchrist-Williams-Howard  has a 57% winning percent.

However, your ascribing team success and loss to one player is wrongheaded.   The Cavs are 3-7 in their last 10.. does that mean that Lebron sucks?

• Like 1