• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Homecourt Draft Discussion

AHF

Right now, I desperately want the Hawks to get one of the top 3 picks so they can get Ayton, Doncic or Jackson Jr. (that is in my order of preference).  I think Ayton has the most upside, Doncic could transform the way the team plays by facilitating the offense and Jackson is such a good fit along side Collins.  

59 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

Many of the scouting reports say he may struggle to keep up with NBA 2's.  Not sure why you're arguing that.  I like the kid and he may be the best fit for our scheme, but blindly loving a player without admitting their faults is short-sighted.  

Agreed, his D obviously needs some work (hell, it's Euro ball). But so did Korver's when he came over. After Hawks U, nobody out-hustled him on D and he blocked more shots than Greg Monroe. He wasn't a "good" defender, but he became serviceable. Same can probably happen for Doncic.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Packfill said:

Right now, I desperately want the Hawks to get one of the top 3 picks so they can get Ayton, Doncic or Jackson Jr. (that is in my order of preference).  I think Ayton has the most upside, Doncic could transform the way the team plays by facilitating the offense and Jackson is such a good fit along side Collins.  

7 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

Jackson scares the hell out of me.  I just see Marvin pt. 2

I liked JJJ's nimbers before the tournament, where he failed the eye test...

4 hours ago, Dragitoff said:

Many of the scouting reports say he may struggle to keep up with NBA 2's.  Not sure why you're arguing that.  I like the kid and he may be the best fit for our scheme, but blindly loving a player without admitting their faults is short-sighted.  

I don't blindly love him.  Like I said, show me where you got this information.  Many scouting reports say what I said from what I read.  He's the size of a three and I'm pretty sure he's quick as an average to above average three.  What most people are getting wrong is that he 's a 6-8 point guard.  He would definitely struggle guarding NBA point guards, but that's not his position.   He's either a shooting guard or a small forward.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

I wouldn't write JJJ off just because of a disaster of an NCAA tournament but I've been ringing the bell about being concerned with his secondary role and the fact that they didn't keep him on the floor for his D is a bit of a red flag.

His foul issues are similar to Collins I worry about that at the next level.

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

I don't blindly love him.  Like I said, show me where you got this information.  Many scouting reports say what I said from what I read.  He's the size of a three and I'm pretty sure he's quick as an average to above average three.  What most people are getting wrong is that he 's a 6-8 point guard.  He would definitely struggle guarding NBA point guards, but that's not his position.   He's either a shooting guard or a small forward.  

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/luka-doncic-scouting-report-nba-draft-2018-stats-highlights-eurobasket/1lnjwcwiqwwqw1g2kgi4ty0xdy

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/2016/12/luka-doncic.html

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/luka-doncic

Here's a few.  They all basically say the same thing.  Lack of lateral speed makes it tough to see him being a steady defender of NBA 2's or 3's.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

I agree but he will be a primary ball handler therefore, I don't think Dennis is a good fit. Dennis imo struggles to play off ball mainly due to his lack of shooting.

1 hour ago, Dragitoff said:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/luka-doncic-scouting-report-nba-draft-2018-stats-highlights-eurobasket/1lnjwcwiqwwqw1g2kgi4ty0xdy

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/2016/12/luka-doncic.html

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/luka-doncic

Here's a few.  They all basically say the same thing.  Lack of lateral speed makes it tough to see him being a steady defender of NBA 2's or 3's.  

These are the same reports I read.  It says he has a lack of lateral quickness, which is what I'm saying. If you play him at the two, what dominate two guard is there?  There maybe 2 or three in the entire NBA.  If you put him at point, he'd probably get roasted on a nightly basis. 

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

These are the same reports I read.  It says he has a lack of lateral quickness, which is what I'm saying. If you play him at the two, what dominate two guard is there?  There maybe 2 or three in the entire NBA.  If you put him at point, he'd probably get roasted on a nightly basis. 

Definitely not a PG. No way. BUT. He has length, plays with effort and is an underrated athlete I think. I doubt he'll be a stopper but I think he can be a very good system defender.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Doncic would play SF for us since we have Baze at SG and Dennis at PG.

Not arguing that but Doncic isn't a great shooter. Schröder, Baze, Doncic, Collins, Dedmon would probably be the worst 3pt shooting starting 5 in the NBA. Moves would have to be made we shoot a ton of 3s. We are top 10 in 3pt attempted even this year.

Edited by davis171

43 minutes ago, davis171 said:

Not arguing that but Doncic isn't a great shooter. Schröder, Baze, Doncic, Collins, Dedmon would probably be the worst 3pt shooting starting 5 in the NBA. Moves would have to be made we shoot a ton of 3s. We are top 10 in 3pt attempted even this year.

What happens with Prince then?  He's shown a lot lately that he may be worth being a part of the future plans in ATL.  

23 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

What happens with Prince then?  He's shown a lot lately that he may be worth being a part of the future plans in ATL.  

I'd actually probably start Prince, but Kent was arguably our best player when he was healthy so I think Bud would start Kent at least early in the year