• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Homecourt Draft Discussion

AHF

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I completely disagree with the first sentence. Him playing with a defensive-minded big would do him well. But I disagree about one that can space the floor. Bagley projects to be a stretch big. 

Here we go with more comedy that I need to bookmark from both you and KB. You two are both being absolutely ridiculous.

It seems like the consensus is the three premier prospects are Ayton, Doncic and Bagley. 

Ayton:

Pros- adonis, tall muscular, can dominate smaller bigs, and can even step out and hit shots, can go for 30 and 15 any night he's on

Cons- game needs refinement, shockingly poor defensively for a man with his size and athleticism, has to be an effort issue, which is a major red flag

Bagley:

Pros- athletic, versatile, has a feel for how to score around the basket, rebounds at a high rate, no glaring flaws

Cons- not a natural rim protector, mediocre free throw shooter

Doncic:

Pros- crafty, great feel for the game, excellent passer and shooter, equally effective playing the point or the wing, has been playing against professional competition

Con- not an elite athlete, will likely struggle to guard NBA wings

So guys, Who do you want? Can only pick one

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

It seems like the consensus is the three premier prospects are Ayton, Doncic and Bagley. 

Ayton:

Pros- adonis, tall muscular, can dominate smaller bigs, and can even step out and hit shots, can go for 30 and 15 any night he's on

Cons- game needs refinement, shockingly poor defensively for a man with his size and athleticism, has to be an effort issue, which is a major red flag

Bagley:

Pros- athletic, versatile, has a feel for how to score around the basket, rebounds at a high rate, no glaring flaws

Doncic:

Pros- crafty, great feel for the game, excellent passer and shooter, equally effective playing the point or the wing, has been playing against professional competition

Door #1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

So do you think that Sap was a better player than Stoudamire in his prime?

Of course not but I don't think Amare is like Bagley. Bagley is much better as a prospect. I always felt Millsap is underrated. Sap does so much well but because he's not a #1 option, no one mentions him in top 25 players. Amare nickname in his prime was stat and couldn't no one guard him 1v1 in his prime. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cam1218 said:

I don’t watch much college basketball, but I’ve seen a few of his games and he never does a thing. It worries me and reminds me of drafting Marvin when he came off the bench at UNC. The game is on the line right now and he’s not even playing...

Exactly.  Marvin 2.0 . . . which means that he'll be a solid pro for 10+ years, but should probably be drafted at the end of the lottery.

Donciccio. Can play the 1, 2, or 3. Playmaker, very high BBIQ, full of dawg, can be a point forward, with Hawks U and effort is capable of peak 3zus level D. Most versatile player available of the top 5.

Edited by hazer
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, KB21 said:

Sorry, but there is no comparison there either.  Jaren Jackson is already an elite defender, and his offensive potential is as a modern big man who can space the floor.  

Hes not a zero offensively like Bamba.  

They are.  It doesn’t change anything hat I’ve said here.  

Youre the only person in America who believes Draymond GReen is a better basketball player than Anthony Davis. Congratulations! 

I think you have to look at not only this draft, but also next year's.  It doesn't seem like we're going to draw any superstar talent (nor do we really have the capspace for it this year) so chances are we're not going to be outside the lottery next year either barring some major development jumps from key players.  

In that case, what's your thoughts for some of 2019's potential draft talents?  Ayton, Bamba, Bagley and Jackson are some good big options for this year, but next year provides some intriguing possibilities as well.  A guy like Bol Bol could be a good Bud-ball big since he's got handles, size, and can stretch it out to 3 with ease.  He's thin like his daddy but could be a paint protector and could be a nice complement to Collins.  That would allow us to draft a wing (Doncic, Porter, etc) in this draft if that's our BPA.  

Guys like Jackson scare me.  He's got the tools, but was basically a 6th man on a good team.  Remind you of anyone?  He might be Amare 2.0, but he also might be Marvin 2.0.  I'd like more of a sure thing if we're picking top 5 in a loaded draft.  We can't really screw up this pick since it could be a franchise defining pick for the next few years.  

With Prince coming on strong as the season closes, is he someone we feel like can be counted on as a piece you build with (not around)?  If so, that makes a guy like Porter less of an option since you'd have the redundancy at the 3 unless you plan to play small-ball a lot with Porter or Prince at the 4 and Collins at the 5.  I don't know that Prince has the speed to play the 2.  He's starting to shoot like he could stick there, but defensively I'm not sure he's got what is needed there.  

• Like 3

Just thought of it too, but a trade option for an elite scorer that could become available due to salary issues is CJ McCollum.  Portland has been rumored  to be needing to break up that twosome due to luxury tax issues.  He might be our chance to get a volume scorer without luring him here via FA.  He's still young enough to blend in with our current core.  

Am 18.3.2018 at 16:37 , Lurker sagte:

Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh, maybe with a second rounder but nah with late firsts. 

Are you serious? He is a 6'10 ballhandler who is already very versatile on defense. He is one of the youngest prospects this year so it's not a real problem that you have to fix that jumpshot. If you get the chance to pick him in the 20s it's a no-brainer.

Edited by ISOJOE

16 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Ayton:

Bagley:

Doncic:

Id be ok with either tbh. 

Dennis/Doncic/Prince/Collins /pick21(Robert Williams)

Dennis/pick21(Gary Trent)/Prince/Bagley/Collins

Dennis/pick21/Prince/Collins/Ayton

pick 30(GRayson Allen) pick 33(Jevon Carter)

Edited by buckyboy2

my dream scenario would be:

Dennis-Baze-Prince-Bonga-Ayton

with Collins being the 6th man. I think that's the perfect role for him because he is too small to defend centers like Adams, Gobert, AD, Cousins ect. . He is way more athletic and faster than all the backup Cs. Then you have Dorsey, Bembry, maybe you pick a PG and don't resign Delaney. You can still sign Hezonja if nobody wants him.