• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Homecourt Draft Discussion

AHF

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Bamba can be special. I don't want to make any promises as he could end up in a dumpster fire org but if he's on a half decent org, he should be a star and some. 

If you had a "Most Likely to Bust" category, Bamba's picture would be placed on it. He's majorly overrated and then some.

• Like 2

Just now, Lurker said:

If you had a "Most Likely to Bust" category, Bamba's picture would be placed on it. He's majorly overrated and then some.

Not for me he isn't. Truth is, a lot of people in this class can be bust. Most of these guys aren't close to finished products. Even the Bridges'

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

You've been fooled by Bamba. He's one of the guys that truly should have a picture placed by the AAU/shoe league crap that KB constantly spews. Highly likely that Bamba is a bust.

I 100% disagree with this but guess we will see. He will just be a Rudy Gobert type imo not a super flashy star. He leads the big 12 in Def rating and is the longest player in the NBA as soon as he walks in.

Edited by davis171
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, davis171 said:

I 100% disagree with this but guess we will see. He will just be a Rudy Gobert type imo not a super flashy star.

While I think of him differently than Gobert, I clearly believe he can be more than a bust. I think he could be a superstar. The 2nd highest ceiling in this class to Bagley III. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

While I think of him differently than Gobert, I clearly believe he can be more than a bust. I think he could be a superstar. The 2nd highest ceiling in this class to Bagley III. 

I think Ayton has the highest but yeah Bamba can be a better shooter too he is a 67% ft shooter where as guys like Drummond were around 50% in college also a 30+% 3pt shooter.

Edited by davis171
  • Like 2

On 3/15/2018 at 0:16 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I don't want the guy who is the "safe" pick.  I want the guy who, if he reaches his potential, he'll have the most impact on the team.

1) Bagley

2) Porter ( although that back issue scares me )

3) Ayton

4) Sexton 

5) Young

I agree. Give me Ayton, Bagley, Porter, or Doncic.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

When you say incredibly dumb stuff like Bagley may average 28 and 14 after a couple years, it's hard to take your opinion seriously at all.

what are your hesitations on Bamba? I think in his prime (3-5 yrs) he can be an 15-20 ppg 10-15 rpg guy.

Edited by davis171
  • Like 1

Just now, Lurker said:

Not a good scorer or shooter and I don't see the unicorn-ness at all. I see a guy that is only a physical outlier, that's it, nothing more, nothing else.

He is a 30+% shooter from 3 and nearly a 70% ft shooter. I see him as Rudy Gobert with a midrange if he gets coached up right. I could be wrong we will see. At worst imo he will be a great rim protector and rebounder with a great willingness to work not to bad of a floor imo.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Not a good scorer or shooter and I don't see the unicorn-ness at all. I see a guy that is only a physical outlier, that's it, nothing more, nothing else.

He can be a great scorer and a good shooter. 

12 minutes ago, davis171 said:

He is a 30+% shooter from 3 and nearly a 70% ft shooter. I see him as Rudy Gobert with a midrange if he gets coached up right. I could be wrong we will see. At worst imo he will be a great rim protector and rebounder with a great willingness to work not to bad of a floor imo.

I don't see the post defense potential from Bamba. I don't think he will be as good as Gobert on defense. His offense is where I am most impressed with Bamba potential even if I know it now on offense isn't that good. He's a unicorn. A Westbrook/Giannis/KP type. These are much better in a spacing game. Bamba is very athletic for his position considering his measurables. 

Edited by NBASupes

11 minutes ago, Lurker said:

He needs to put on a lotttt of strength. NBA centers are gonna bury him under the rim with the way he's built. You can even see some of that here or here. Would defer to someone more versed in biometrics but his base looks thin enough to where it'll always be a problem IMO. That said he'll probably always be a plus player because of his defense. Seems like a more toolsy Jarrett Allen.

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't see the post defense potential from Bamba. I don't think he will be as good as Gobert on defense. Offense is where I am most impressed with Bamba potential even if I know it now on offense isn't that good. He's a unicorn. A Westbrook/Giannis/KP type. These are much better in a spacing game. Bamba is very athletic for his position considering his measurables. 

He is 8th in the nation in DBPM and is 1st in def rating in the big 12 while committing less than 3 fouls per game.

Edited by davis171
  • Like 2