• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Homecourt Draft Discussion

AHF

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

5. Porter Jr. - I have to say that he's #5 just from his HS tape. I know a lot about his game but I really don't watch enough HS ball to have a good feel of Porter Jr. 

6. Jaren Jackson Jr. - 

- Good athletic/explosive/good body/quick combination. -He can play both PF/C. 
- Has good range 
- Good when open for shooting ability. 
- Excellent team and post defender. 

Bad: 
- Like many of these freshman aside from Doncic, he doesn't have a feel for any position as of yet. 

- I am afraid he's a player who is getting overrated for being so good, so young when he will likely still be at a similar level if he stayed to his senior year in draft value. I do not see an extremely high ceiling but if he did stay, his positioning and BBIQ will be off the charts and I would have a lot more confidence that he could become a 13-16 year player will little decline throughout his career. 

- His jumper will not work in the NBA unless he's open. Otherwise, it's not useful. 

- His body will limit him in the NBA in terms of stardom.

- Doesn't have freakish tools or talent, being so young, it would be better if he stayed another year in college if even if lowers his NBA ceiling to scouts as it would benefit his career in the long term.

Tier 5.  

7. Wendell Carter Jr. 

- Very high floor, needs to leave sooner than later. 

- Shooting will translate in the NBA. Will be rangey, think Sam Perkins. 

- Excellent frame, could top out at 270 with quick feet. 

- Excellent touch around the basket. 

- Solid paint protector and rim protector. 

- Will be a very good NBA player. Do not be surprised if he has a very good career. He's a combination of Sam Perkins, Kendrick Perkins, and Brook Lopez. He will make someone very happy.

-BBIQ is very high and he's a good help defender. 

Needs Improvement

- Limited ceiling. He won't be an all star level player. He will always be on the fences and will make the team if the center position is weak. If it isn't, he has no shot. 

- The most responsibility, the better he will be but if you have on a team like Milwaukee where he's taking up space, he might be limited in his growth. 

- Above average athlete for position but more of a under the rim prospect without great low post skills. 

8. Mikal Bridges 

- Two way potential. Legit too, nothing like Prince or Bembry. 

- 7 ft wingspan and uses it well. 

- Very skilled and talented. 

- Plus personality

- Better with great coaching. 

- Late bloomer.

- Humble

- good shooter with potential to get better. 

- Good frame for SF, excellent frame for SG. 

- Great feet. 

Needs Improvement 

- Potential is average. His growth will come from his coaching and personnel. In the right situation, he can become an All Star. 

- Not a standout at any area right now for the NBA level. 

- Nova.They haven't produced many overachivers. In fact, they produced a lot of euro prospects. Lowry is the best and he bounced around the league due to going to a bad situation. This is not like UVA who produces role players at a high rate. 

I'll do a write later tomorrow on these three: 

8. Miles Bridges 
9. Collin Sexton
10. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

Better move this guy up your list.  He really didn't even start playing until the 2nd half.

9 hours ago, Guard said:

Ayton’s lack of rim protection is a big concern against Buffalo. He’s too damn big to be playing like this tonight. 

but but but.......he's a generational talent.

He will be the worst defensive big to be drafted in the top 3 picks, maybe ever.

15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

but but but.......he's a generational talent.

He will be the worst defensive big to be drafted in the top 3 picks, maybe ever.

Okay relax Anthony Bennett was a big and he is out of the league imo at worst he is Enes Kanter or Greg Monroe with a more evolved game. Okafor was also a top 3 pick...

• Moderators
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The more I watch Trae Young, the more I think he may be most like this guy, than anyone else.

If he is, he will have a place in the NBA, and he might even start for a few years.  The game has changed though since the days of Chris.  Maybe Trae will flourish on the next level.  But it's definitely not a slam dunk.  More like a coin flip.

I thought Jackson was going to be a star in the NBA.  Still can't believe he and Shaq (plus another NBA big) did nothing of significance in college.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, davis171 said:

Okay relax Anthony Bennett was a big and he is out of the league imo at worst he is Enes Kanter or Greg Monroe with a more evolved game. Okafor was also a top 3 pick...

....and his defensive metrics are all worse than those guys.

Just now, KB21 said:

....and his defensive metrics are all worse than those guys.

Okay he won't be worse than those guys I'd much rather have Doncic but I think when you get him with NBA coaching it will change especially with Bud who has sent guys to the D-league who were starting or playing for other teams because of defense. If we draft him I trust Bud has an idea of how to fix him defensively. Bud is 100% involved in the rebuild rather you believe it or not he would have asked out when he was demoted if he was going to ask out imo.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Better move this guy up your list.  He really didn't even start playing until the 2nd half.

He's #11. He actually dropped five spots. He was once #6. He's going to struggle to adjust to the NBA and his finishing needs improvement as does his shooting. His work ethic, personality, athletic ability and will has always impressed me but he's not a real PG, he is a very good athlete but he's not Steve Francis or even Dennis Smith Jr. He has a high ceiling, especially once he adjust to the NBA but he's two years away from being a consistent winning contributor and thats with development. 

I like him a lot.

18 hours ago, KB21 said:

https://www.theringer.com/march-madness/2018/3/16/17129698/deandre-ayton-buffalo-defense-ncaa-tournament

Ayton’s defense will determine how good he will be in the NBA.   I don’t anticipate that he will ever be a good defender, and that’s why I would not take him high.  

Good article but Ayton is still believed to have great potential in being a good defender. If we didn’t have bud as a coach I’d be worried if we drafted him but since bud is still here I think ayton can reach his true full potential 

• Like 2

I'm a fan with Sexton, but he is just so soooooo raw as an actual PG, really even moreso than Dennis was when he first came over (I don't like Dennis now, but sorry, you're delusional if you think he hasn't made strides). He'd be like a slashing version of McCollum if you played him immediately in the NBA that'd provide 3-4 assists per game.

But I know why two people specifically really like him. One because he hates losing and the other because he's an Atlanta area native.

He's the kind of player that could be seen as a top 5 player in the draft class 5 years from now and it's pretty safe he's a long term NBA player imo. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm a fan with Sexton, but he is just so soooooo raw as an actual PG, really even moreso than Dennis was when he first came over (I don't like Dennis now, but sorry, you're delusional if you think he hasn't made strides). He'd be like a slashing version of McCollum if you played him immediately in the NBA that'd provide 3-4 assists per game.

But I know why two people specifically really like him. One because he hates losing and the other because he's an Atlanta area native.

He's the kind of player that could be seen as a top 5 player in the draft class 5 years from now and it's pretty safe he's a long term NBA player imo. 

He's growing on me. The fact that he's an ATL kid with that dawg in him doesn't hurt. Ideally the T-Wolves pick conveys at 15th and Sexton will still be available. Neither is likely to happen, wishful thinking really.

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2

I haven't been watching for a lot of that half due to spring training, but right now that game is the difference between a real PG and an athletic combo guard at this moment, since Brunson came back in. Villanova may win it all again this season.

Edited by Lurker

Just now, JTB said:

Why aren’t we as high on this kid? It’s odd man! Cause he’s compared to Leonard a lot 

I got him over Bagley right now. But tbh he's never been as aggressive as he's been this year (especially in the latter stages).

21 minutes ago, DBac said:

Mikal Bridges man

11 minutes ago, JTB said:

Why aren’t we as high on this kid? It’s odd man! Cause he’s compared to Leonard a lot 

Him too. But neither will still be around at 15th, and taking either top 5 is reaching.