• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Homecourt Draft Discussion

AHF

10 minutes ago, hazer said:

Him too. But neither will still be around at 15th, and taking either top 5 is reaching.

Why is it reaching ? What’s the down fall on mikal ? Seriously I can’t see his flaws ...am I being tricked by Villanovas awesome college system?

Mikal looks like he'll go in the 5-10 range. Really, a lot of it is because he didn't blow up until Josh Hart and Kris Jenkins left. If he had been much more of a consistent scorer, it's possible he'd have been ranked even higher. He has a safe floor of he's definitely going to be a role guy in the NBA at minimum.

15 minutes ago, JTB said:

Why is it reaching ? What’s the down fall on mikal ? Seriously I can’t see his flaws ...am I being tricked by Villanovas awesome college system?

He wasn’t hyped up by shoe companies when recruited, and there is this myth that if you stay in school, you have no upside.  

49 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Mikal looks like he'll go in the 5-10 range. Really, a lot of it is because he didn't blow up until Josh Hart and Kris Jenkins left. If he had been much more of a consistent scorer, it's possible he'd have been ranked even higher. He has a safe floor of he's definitely going to be a role guy in the NBA at minimum.

Out of curiosity who’s the one or two guys you think will likely be a star player in this draft ?

50 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He wasn’t hyped up by shoe companies when recruited, and there is this myth that if you stay in school, you have no upside.  

I’m late haven’t heard of that myth until now 

44 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Bagley misses the entire rim on a jumper that they gave him.  He is clueless defensively.  

Just out of curiosity...did you see the 3 he made that went through the hoop? Lol 

48 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Long arms, High motor and very skilled already at 18

You guys seriously don’t know what constitutes skills.  Athleticism and skill level are two different entities.  

Bagley had athleticism but he lacks skills.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You guys seriously don’t know what constitutes skills.  Athleticism and skill level are two different entities.  

Bagley had athleticism but he lacks skills.  

100% on this. he is definitely raw for how he will be used in the NBA and he isn't exactly the prototypical PF due to his short arms. I'm not saying don't draft him several positives I just don't think he should touch Doncic and lesser extent Ayton. Ayton has a more prototype body and still shows def lapses but Arizona also used him weird at times so I'm less worried about him.

Edited by davis171

1 minute ago, davis171 said:

100% on this. he is definitely raw for how he will be used in the NBA and he isn't exactly the prototypical PF due to his short arms. I'm not saying don't draft him several positives I just don't think he should touch Doncic and lesser extent Ayton. Ayton has a more prototype body and still shows def lapses but Arizona also used him weird at times so I'm less worried about him.

Arizona uses him at power forward a lot, thus he has to guard the perimeter, and their actual center is bad defensively too.

He has major red flags though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Apparently Bagley is suppose to still be in high school

Yeah doesn't make me less worried lots of players are like that. I'm also in the bandwagon to take him 4-5 due to the motor and offensive upside. He can at least be average on def imo but some worry about even being average and I understand the worry

• Premium Member

With the uncertainty of who is the best prospect, would everyone rather draft second and feel less pressure knowing the top three guys are similar. Or draft first and worry about blowing it, kinda like Oden before Durant and Horford?

I’m trying to prepare myself with being happy getting one of Doncic, Ayton, or Bagley. I think I’d even be okay with JJJ or Porter Jr.

I don’t care what pick the team gets.  I just want to know that they have the infrastructure in place to ensure they don’t miss on this pick.  

This is going to be a 3-5 year rebuild as it is.  If they miss on this pick, you can probably add three more years on top of that.