• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Homecourt Draft Discussion

AHF

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, davis171 said:

My worry too 5th in scoring this year on his team and has shot 17% from 3 in his last 6 games not including today.

Will probably drop him out of my top 10 after seeing him play against a good team.

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Will probably drop him out of my top 10 after seeing him play against a good team.

Wouldn't go that far but am more worried. I'd probably as of this moment go Doncic, Ayton, Bagley, Bamba, Porter, JJJ then it'll depend on if Schröder is moved by then or at all. I have had him as high as 3 but the fact he didn't shoot well from 3 down the stretch worries me because I see him as a 3 and D Center due to the lack of offense. I will also add the fact Izzo only played him 10-20 mpg worries me. For example against Purdue with Haas he only played 13 minutes due to foul trouble.

Edited by davis171
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, davis171 said:

Wouldn't go that far but am more worried. I'd probably as of this moment go Doncic, Ayton, Bagley, Bamba, Porter, JJJ then it'll depend on if Schröder is moved by then or at all but I have had him as high as 3 but the fact he didn't shoot well from 3 down the stretch worries me because I see him as a 3 and D Center due to the lack of offense.

Can't decide between Doncic and Ayton...would be happy with either one...Definitely interested in Bagley if the 1st 2 aren't available.  I would settle for Bamba and Porter as the 4th and 5th options.  Hopefully there won't be a need for a 6th option.

• Like 2

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Can't decide between Doncic and Ayton...would be happy with either one...Definitely interested in Bagley if the 1st 2 aren't available.  I would settle for Bamba and Porter as the 4th and 5th options.  Hopefully there won't be a need for a 6th option.

3 good prospects in this class 2 great prospects imo.

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, davis171 said:

My worry too 5th in scoring this year on his team and has shot 17% from 3 in his last 6 games not including today.

I don’t watch much college basketball, but I’ve seen a few of his games and he never does a thing. It worries me and reminds me of drafting Marvin when he came off the bench at UNC. The game is on the line right now and he’s not even playing...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jy23 said:

With his lack of offensive aggression and lack of high end skill on that end he better be a defensive guru to get drafted as high as some guys are talking about. I would not be happy taking JJJ with a top 5 pick right now 

I been saying, he's could be at best a rich man's Capela or Rasheed Wallace but even that's at the very best. He's not that talented nor is he that skilled. He is getting by off of Miles Bridges impact. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, jy23 said:

With his lack of offensive aggression and lack of high end skill on that end he better be a defensive guru to get drafted as high as some guys are talking about. I would not be happy taking JJJ with a top 5 pick right now 

You want your best player to have some alpha in him, and JJJ just seems so passive out there. 

• Like 2

You know, while I'll be fine taking JJJ, I find it funny that a certain person's pet prospects from the last draft class so far haven't even looked half decent.

Wait, s***, another one of his pet prospects with this year is Luka Doncic, and more than a few of us want him if available, including him. It looks like this year so far, he's a jinx.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

LOL, this is foolishness. Izzo is the reason we got fools in this thread thinking he's in the same league as Bamba or Bagley. He was never that good. He's a great defender but his offensive game is pure fool's gold. Miles Bridges should get more love from scouts, Jaren is a guy isn't that guy. 

You've been fooled by Bamba. He's one of the guys that truly should have a picture placed by the AAU/shoe league crap that KB constantly spews. Highly likely that Bamba is a bust.

Just now, NBASupes said:

LOL, this is foolishness. Izzo is the reason we got fools in this thread thinking he's in the same league as Bamba or Bagley. He was never that good. He's a great defender but his offensive game is pure fool's gold. Miles Bridges should get more love from scouts, Jaren is a guy isn't that guy. 

We'll just have to see. I don't feel like arguing, just bummed about no Duke Michigan State.

Just now, Lurker said:

You've been fooled by Bamba. He's one of the guys that truly should have a picture placed by the AAU/shoe league crap that KB constantly spews. Highly likely that Bamba is a bust.

Bamba can be special. I don't want to make any promises as he could end up in a dumpster fire org but if he's on a half decent org, he should be a star and some. 

Just now, Lurker said:

Was pulling my hair out watching Izzo have some no name senior C in the game over JJJ when they needed a 3 lol. Part of me wants to believe he's hiding him so he comes back next year because jeez it's just bad.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

He looked lost on offense v. Cuse zone. I been the biggest proponent that his BBIQ on offense is lacking while it's good on defense. You think Izzo is an idiot or something? Come on, there was a reason Izzo took him out. He's not a good 3PT. He can only shoot them when they're wide open. Cuse defense is built to not give you open looks on the perimeter.