• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Magic at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

Orlando u suck!  Well 2nd to 4th ... means we now have the 34th pick and we can now drop as low as 7th pick in the lottery 

Can't blame anyone for this one...The Hawks tried to lose this game by putting in line ups i know they haven't practiced with but still won...Oh well, we have to hope for lady luck with the ping pong balls

• Like 2

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Can't blame anyone for this one...The Hawks tried to lose this game by putting in line ups i know they haven't practiced with but still won...Oh well, we have to hope for lady luck with the ping pong balls

Pretty much this lol. Hard to believe the Magic were 8-4 and the best 3 point shooting team in the league at one point. Whew they should've scored more tonight.

Could we not have just tossed up airballs and kicked $hit out of bounds and whatnot? Good Lord it was already obvious, if you’re gonna do something do it right. All in.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, hazer said:

Could we not have just tossed up airballs and kicked $hit out of bounds and whatnot? Good Lord it was already obvious, if you’re gonna do something do it right. All in.

Only problem is the players get paid for performance and if you blow chunks, you don't get paid!

• Moderators

Magic and Hawks split the head-to-head, so, in the event of a season-ending 2-team tie, the next tie-breaking factor would be In-Division Record.

The Magic have the upper hand (4-10) over the Hawks (4-9) for the moment. But the Hawks have the next three games (at MIA, vs. MIA back-to-back, at WAS) to finish at 4-12, which is the worst the Magic can finish (vs. CHA, season-finale vs. WAS).

If 4-12 division records for both teams transpire, the Hawks would hold the tie-breaker for the next factor, In-Conference Record, since Atlanta holds a three-game (dis)advantage with only two non-Division opponents left on their schedule.

Again, that's just two-team tie-breakers, so a third non-Division team would change the calculus a bit.

~lw3

• Like 1

Moose with the late-bloom?

Feeling Dorsey right now.  Got that mid-range jumper working and he actually likes playing off the ball.  Building great habits.

There needs to be an all out campaign to keep Dedmon here at a discount.

Love watching Lil Bud.  I don’t know what his future in the league is being such a unique case in a 160 pound non-scorer but there’s gotta be a secure spot for a guy who has 6 True PG-style helpers for every TO.  He’s like motor oil for the heavy read, react, motion offense Bud has championed.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Moderators
12 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Orlando u suck!  Well 2nd to 4th ... means we now have the 34th pick and we can now drop as low as 7th pick in the lottery 

I am seriously pissed at the damage we just did to ourselves.  Remember all those "harmless" wins earlier in the season?  Just $&:&:&: it.  We've gone from first to putting ourselves in the 3-6 range depending on how the rest of the season finishes.

:russian_roulette:

• Like 2

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yep.  This win is really going to hurt them losing culture Schlenk is establishing.  

Having Doncic next year means more than whatever great result you think Charlotte is going to get from its culture.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Having Doncic next year means more than whatever great result you think Charlotte is going to get from its culture.

This completely ignores the fact that even with the worst record, the Hawks chances of drafting first are less than their chances of drafting fourth.  It’s not like Schlenk would make the right pick anyway.  I’m totally expecting him to go for Bagley.  

• Moderators
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

This completely ignores the fact that even with the worst record, the Hawks chances of drafting first are less than their chances of drafting fourth.  It’s not like Schlenk would make the right pick anyway.  I’m totally expecting him to go for Bagley.  

Their best chance of drafting at any of the highest spots is best if they can lose out.  I'm really hoping that you are right on JJJ if we end up with him and that you are wrong on Bagley if we end up with him.  While I see potential for each of them, both of those guys make me very nervous at this point.

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

What makes you nervous about Bagley?

First, that he is actually older than Carter and several others and is being given too much credit for his age.  Second, that he is too duplicative with Collins, with many of the same strengths and weaknesses so that both players would see their development and impact negatively impacted by sharing the floor together.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, AHF said:

First, that he is actually older than Carter and several others and is being given too much credit for his age.  Second, that he is too duplicative with Collins, with many of the same strengths and weaknesses so that both players would see their development and impact negatively impacted by sharing the floor together.

You don't think that Bagley is a better shooter and more athletic? Plus isn't he bigger?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

You don't think that Bagley is a better shooter and more athletic? Plus isn't he bigger?

Better, more athletic and bigger than Collins?  I'll give you that he did more shooting from range in college but he went from shooting more 3's at a lower % to shooting fewer 3's at a higher % as the season went on.  While his 60% from 3pt range in his last 10 games sounds really exciting (it raised his 3pt% from a mediocre 35%), the fact that he took only 1 3pt FGA per game on average speaks to the coaches choosing to de-emphasize his range as the season progressed.  Collins' coaches obviously did the same thing for him in his college career (playing him inside exclusively even though he had the skills to shoot jumpers).

We'll see the measurements when they come but he is currently listed at the same weight and is reportedly 1 inch taller with a 1 inch longer wingspan (i.e., both are relatively short armed) so I don't see much difference there.  I haven't seen Bagley do the athletic things that I've seen Collins do so I can't give him that.  Bagley looks like a good athlete but Collins has some highlights that standout from the rest of the league for pure athleticism.  I'm not anticipating too much of that from Bagley - more everyday athletic acts like his quick second jump.

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, AHF said:

Better, more athletic and bigger than Collins?  I'll give you that he did more shooting from range in college but he went from shooting more 3's at a lower % to shooting fewer 3's at a higher % as the season went on.  While his 60% from 3pt range in his last 10 games sounds really exciting (it raised his 3pt% from a mediocre 35%), the fact that he took only 1 3pt FGA per game on average speaks to the coaches choosing to de-emphasize his range as the season progressed.  Collins' coaches obviously did the same thing for him in his college career (playing him inside exclusively even though he had the skills to shoot jumpers).

We'll see the measurements when they come but he is currently listed at the same weight and is reportedly 1 inch taller with a 1 inch longer wingspan (i.e., both are relatively short armed) so I don't see much difference there.  I haven't seen Bagley do the athletic things that I've seen Collins do so I can't give him that.  Bagley looks like a good athlete but Collins has some highlights that standout from the rest of the league for pure athleticism.  I'm not anticipating too much of that from Bagley - more everyday athletic acts like his quick second jump.

I'm not ready to discount a 20/10 guy as freshman just yet.  I may have to do some research to see how many 20/10 freshman in the last 10 years.  Can't be too many right?

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I'm not ready to discount a 20/10 guy as freshman just yet.  I may have to do some research to see how many 20/10 freshman in the last 10 years.  Can't be too many right?

Only 1other player averaged 20 or more points per game and 10 or more rebounds per game as a freshman and that was Kevin Durant