• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mo Bamba Comparison

Hawk88

2 hours ago, Flight said:

Coming from someone that's followed Julius Randle closely and seen him play in person, that's definitely not a good comparison. I see why you'd say it but it doesn't work.

If you're saying the players are what they are at this point and to draft them for that, I'm definitely taking the ACC Player of the Year in Marvin Bagley. JJJ hasn't produced anything on the offensive end. Obviously JJJ is closer to being the Marvin Williams of this draft than Bagley. Offensively JJJ's strengths are pretty much what Marvin does. He's not gonna create for himself and his shots are going to have to come from others creating them for him. Bagley can create on his own and can improvise better than any big in this draft I've seen. JJJ isn't bad but I highly doubt he'll be jumping into the league and being a beast on defense if he could barely stay on the court in college.

Question is . . . will Julius get paid this season?   I actually liked how he played this year, despite Luke Walton trying to keep the shackles on him.  Once he cracked that starting lineup, it was lights out.

Celtics interested in Bamba huh? And willing to trade up for a top 3 pick to get him?

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250020/Celtics-Interested-In-Trading-Up-For-Mo-Bamba

Hmmmm I don’t hate bamba however  I want a possible elite scorer over a possible elite defender but on the flip side of things I admit it is interesting that Ainge is that interested to trade up for bamba ....then again Ainge is a snake so it’s hard to tell if this is a smoke screen for a different top player in the draft.

if Ainge is serious I’d expect he’d be willing to trade one of these wings he has in Hayward, Tatum, or Brown.

i could see him trading brown plus the 6th pick  if he really like someone projected high in the draft. Could be a chance for Atlanta to finish out on top of a trade for once.

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Celtics interested in Bamba huh? And willing to trade up for a top 3 pick to get him?

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250020/Celtics-Interested-In-Trading-Up-For-Mo-Bamba

Hmmmm I don’t hate bamba however  I want a possible elite scorer over a possible elite defender but on the flip side of things I admit it is interesting that Ainge is that interested to trade up for bamba ....then again Ainge is a snake so it’s hard to tell if this is a smoke screen for a different top player in the draft.

if Ainge is serious I’d expect he’d be willing to trade one of these wings he has in Hayward, Tatum, or Brown.

i could see him trading brown plus the 6th pick  if he really like someone projected high in the draft. Could be a chance for Atlanta to finish out on top of a trade for once.

Boston doesnt have a lottery pick in this draft 

Just now, JTB said:

Exactly, Ainge is a snake. For all we know he wants a Eastern Conference team to take Bamba. I do not trust Ainge at all.

Not a knock on the guy, he is always trying to do what is best for his team; so anything he offers will be in his best interest and not ours. And anything information he leaks will be in his best interest as well.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JTB said:

You really believe that Travis Schlenk is capable of winning a trade?

Two interesting things at HoopsHype:

24 hours ago  via ESPN

Adrian Wojnarowski on the Hawks’ third overall pick: That pick is going to be in play. There are a lot of teams eager in this draft, in the lottery, to try to move up. From #3, #4, #5, you’re going to see a lot of conversations.

24 hours ago  via ESPN

I really think if Bagley and Ayton are gone we do everything in our power to move down. Doncic is a athletic question mark, Bamba is a defensive question mark, and Jackson has question marks everywhere but BPM, blocks, and fouls per minute.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

24 hours ago  via ESPN

Adrian Wojnarowski on the Hawks’ third overall pick: That pick is going to be in play. There are a lot of teams eager in this draft, in the lottery, to try to move up. From #3, #4, #5, you’re going to see a lot of conversations.

24 hours ago  via ESPN

I really think if Bagley and Ayton are gone we do everything in our power to move down. Doncic is a athletic question mark, Bamba is a defensive question mark, and Jackson has question marks everywhere but BPM, blocks, and fouls per minute.

I have been talking about taking Faried and #14 into our capspacd for awhile. It's not so much it's a bad contract it's the fact that Denver has to clear capspace to sign Jokic (no bird rights)to an extention this offseason or risk losing him to UFA next season.

I don't want the Hawks to get too cute with the pick in trying to trade down unnecessarily.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I have been talking about taking Faried and #14 into our capspacd for awhile. It's not so much it's a bad contract it's the fact that Denver has to clear capspace to sign Jokic (no bird rights)to an extention this offseason or risk losing him to UFA next season.

I don't want the Hawks to get too cute with the pick in trying to trade down unnecessarily.

I think 14 could be a real good value this year. Not different from 19 and Collins last year. I think having 14 would guarantee us Walker, Smith, Brown, or Huerter. Hueters stock is rising big time and he may not be there when we pick 19.

Just now, Buzzard said:

I think 14 could be a real good value this year. Not different from 19 and Collins last year. I think having 14 would guarantee us Walker, Smith, Brown, or Huerter. Hueters stock is rising big time and he may not be there when we pick 19.

Troy Brown as well may not be there when we pick 19.

• Admin
31 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

24 hours ago  via ESPN

24 hours ago  via ESPN

It feels like top few tiers end at 13 ... 14 through 20 seem to be all about even ... I don’t think it’s worth taking that contract to only move 5 spots ... now 30/34 would be worth his contract although unrealistic 

Just now, capstone21 said:

It feels like top few tiers end at 13 ... 14 through 20 seem to be all about even ... I don’t think it’s worth taking that contract to only move 5 spots ... now 30/34 would be worth his contract although unrealistic 

No, I don't think we give them 19. 30 and/or 34 at most.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

No, I don't think we give them 19. 30 and/or 34 at most.

With only one year left and at less then 14million for his contract ... it would have to be 19.  Which is why I wouldn’t do it

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

I am in the same boat. I would have one of those if the right player is available moments. 

4 hours ago, Bonkers said:

I just saw a rumor that said that Boston is trying to move up in the draft to get Bamba. And I hope the Hawks or someone else takes Bamba. We do not want that Celtics team to become stacked

I doubt Boston gives up enough to get into the top five; but Ainge will try and dupe someone into a lop sided trade.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Troy Brown as well may not be there when we pick 19.

Huerter is garbage. No trading with Ainge.

• Like 1