• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My Problem with Trae Young.

Diesel

2 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

Yeah by ESPN. I’ve seen another source that thinks Luka goes #2 and we grab Trae at #3 or via trade down. I’m just ready to see what happens. 

Same here, I am ready for it to be over already. I hope if we trade down, it is for Bamba or JJJ.; but I prefer staying pat with Doncic or Bagley. CBS has been stating we take Doncic for over two weeks. Yahoo still has us taking JJJ.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, GThawks3 said:

You realize Trae also led the nation in assists with 8.7 right? Like most that don’t like Trae they totally disregard his passing ability which is elite.

Turnovers though.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, GThawks3 said:

I’ve seen more buzz that the Hawks like Trae than JJJ and Bamba. 

I'd rather take a chance on Trae than JJJ.  JJJ is the new Marvin Williams. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'd rather take a chance on Trae than JJJ.  JJJ is the new Marvin Williams. 

JJJ is more athletic than Marvin. I think JJJ has the highest bust potential of any of the top ten players.

If we could get him as our later 2nd top ten pick, I would feel easier about him. I like Jay Bilas because he is entertaining and does not sugar coat things. He likes JJJ. But that really means nothing. Here is a article on him, the 2015 draft, along with a quote. Notice the article reference to Darco and who his top four are in the 2015 draft.

“No one’s got a magic eye at this thing,” Bilas said. “There’s not a person out there who hasn’t missed, and missed significantly, in the draft. It’s not an exact science, sadly. I wish it was.”

https://nypost.com/2015/06/18/why-jay-bilas-is-high-on-potential-knicks-target-emmanuel-mudiay/

His top four in 2015, Jahlil Okafor, Karl-Anthony Towns, D’Angelo Russell, and Emmanuel Mudiay. Other than KAT, it is almost like if Bilas likes someone for a top five pick, we should steer clear lol.

• Premium Member

That's pretty much everybody's problem with Trae Young. Unless he becomes a steal machine he will be a massive defensive liability on the floor. He was bad in High School and dreadful in college, and it seems like a stretch to assume he will develop that part of his game to the point where he will be anything but significantly sub-par against incomparably more difficult competition at the NBA level.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I don't get the crazy concerns about Trae's size either.  As many have pointed out, he's the same size as CP3 and hell he's the same size as Dennis.   The one thing we know for sure is that the NBA knows how to add muscle to 19 year olds.   

The comparison to Steph is a lazy one, but everything about Trae points to being an excellent NBA PG.  

Oh my god I had a like whatddya know! I agree with this. The NBA is the new WWF! They need guys up, even scrawniest lil critters like Curry and put them on HGH so it’s all good in that department. He’s the size of cp3...I’m not sure why people think he’s gonna be anything less than spectacular. His teammates in college sucked. We could gather 4 squawkers better than those 4 deadbeat teammates..which is why he got all those turnovers. 

Im going out on a limb but I haven’t seen a better passer since Nash and J Kidd. This kid has got vision, accuracy, speed..oh and on top of that he can hit from 30 feet out on a regular basis. His teammates will be better in the pros. 

We missed out on cp 13 years ago, are we gonna do it again? I mean I want Doncic. But if there is a scenario that we end up with Trae I’m very very good with it. To me, there are 4 superstar faces.. 

1. Doncic

2. Trae

3. Bagley

4. MPJ (not sure if I’d take him but his game just screams superstar)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Diesel said:

Size and Defense. 

This guy is small.  He scores but he's probably as big as he will ever be.  We don't know if scoring will translate in the NBA. 

Defensively... Naw.  

If we get him, it would have to be on a move up. 

I do like Bamba.   I saw him on Get up the other day.  He has BBIQ.   High BBIQ.  In think inthe longrun, he will be the guy.   Maybe another Embiid. 

I've seen this before somewhere . . .

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/stephen-curry

• Like 1

One of these ESPN personalities (Jay Bilas is the bald guy right) really had Colin Sexton rated higher than Trae Young. This is what I mean when I say that any of us might as well be on camera. That whole analysis is teeeerrrible. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, EazyRoc said:

One of these ESPN personalities (Jay Bilas is the bald guy right) really had Colin Sexton rated higher than Trae Young. This is what I mean when I say that any of us might as well be on camera. That whole analysis is teeeerrrible. 

Lol....that's why I don't get all caught up.

I believe what my own lying eyes tell me when I do my own research (stats, hype video, gsme film etc.) and decide who I want.

• Like 3

• Admin

Trae is overrated... he is extremely turn over prone, doesn’t play a lick of D, didn’t shoot for a high percentage and will prob have a lot of trouble against the bigger and stronger D of the nba

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Trae is overrated... he is extremely turn over prone, doesn’t play a lick of D, didn’t shoot for a high percentage and will prob have a lot of trouble against the bigger and stronger D of the nba

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your making that up. People say he will just shoot quicker naw they better pray that Some body over rules somebody.   And yes him and paul are the same size but one actually plays d the other not so much. And sorry teammates I’ve seen guys at smaller schools carry there team offensively and still do better defensively than this kid did. 

1 minute ago, Royjr9 said:

Your making that up. People say he will just shoot quicker naw they better pray that Some body over rules somebody.   And yes him and paul are the same size but one actually plays d the other not so much. And sorry teammates I’ve seen guys at smaller schools carry there team offensively and still do better defensively than this kid did. 

Sometimes people just aren’t going to like players no matter what you say. I disagree with him wholeheartedly, but he’s dead set on not liking Trae Young. That’s his opinion. WE know the truth. ;)

• Like 1

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Royjr9 said:

Paul and Trae are nothing a like ... Paul was a little pit bull and had a strong body ... Trae doesn’t have that ... I still get past 5.2 tounovers a game

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Sometimes people just aren’t going to like players no matter what you say. I disagree with him wholeheartedly, but he’s dead set on not liking Trae Young. That’s his opinion. WE know the truth. ;)

I m with him young is a sixth man not somebody you start. I would love to be proven wrong though.

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh my god I had a like whatddya know! I agree with this. The NBA is the new WWF! They need guys up, even scrawniest lil critters like Curry and put them on HGH so it’s all good in that department. He’s the size of cp3...I’m not sure why people think he’s gonna be anything less than spectacular. His teammates in college sucked. We could gather 4 squawkers better than those 4 deadbeat teammates..which is why he got all those turnovers. 

Im going out on a limb but I haven’t seen a better passer since Nash and J Kidd. This kid has got vision, accuracy, speed..oh and on top of that he can hit from 30 feet out on a regular basis. His teammates will be better in the pros. 

We missed out on cp 13 years ago, are we gonna do it again? I mean I want Doncic. But if there is a scenario that we end up with Trae I’m very very good with it. To me, there are 4 superstar faces.. 

1. Doncic

2. Trae

3. Bagley

4. MPJ (not sure if I’d take him but his game just screams superstar)

It’s happening folks buckle up!

Steph Curry couldn’t play defense in college. Steph Curry was consider a super undersized SG and not capable of being a good PG. Steph Curry’s handles were not what they are today when he was coming out of college.

The knock on CP3 was that he was undersized. That’s why we passed him up.

You see why sometimes it’s best not to hold certain things against guys. You cannot measure heart and the willingness to learn and develop. Any player can improve their deficiencies if they dedicate themselves to it.

Dont sleep on the kid. He is far from a finished product at this point. 

• Like 1