• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where does Dennis end up?

drzachary

1 minute ago, Packfill said:

I can't imagine Schlenk made the trade to get Young with the idea of him sitting on the bench.  I have to imagine they are planning on getting him close to 30 minutes a night.

He could, but he’s still just a 19 year old kid with a seasoned vet in front of him at the same position. I don’t expect him to start, but I do exactly expect him to get plenty of playing time.

I know that Travis lied and said that he sees Dennis and Trae playing on the court at the same time, but surely y'all see how untenable that is. 

Meanwhile on the business side the rook has to play. Trae was an ownership decision and Ressler is (delusionally) counting on Trae to fill the arena.

I don't see it (team is going to be even worse than this year), but bringing Young off the bench won't build any buzz, bring in any fans, while the Dennis lame duck dynamic will fester and infect the entire locker room for a rookie head coach.

Hwaks are gonna have to find someone willing to take on Dennis for salary cap relief. Like Plumlee level.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

From what I’ve seen it is not career threatening.  Not sure why Travis undercut his draft day message to fans by pretending he is keeping both.  No one believes that around the league.  Given Dennis’ comments, legal troubles, and mixed game, I have zero faith in Schlenk’s ability to get a real return for him.  He couldn’t even get a concession from Bud when we had all the cards.  So where will he go?  To whoever will take him for whatever price they name (is my fear at this point - Dwight trade 2.0).

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I wasted er spent a 'like' on this.  I have absolutely, positively no confidence in Slink getting anything advantageous for us.

It's why I'm not excited about the PROTECTED 1st we got from DAL.  He's probably going to give that up in the DennisDump.

Agreed on Schlenks negotiating skills.

Ideally you don't want a malcontent Dennis disrupting the team but I have no interest in giving away an asset in order to move him, or buying him out and stretching his salary over the next 7 years at $6.6 mlion in dead money. The Pistons are still paying Josh Smith.

So for now, there is nowhere for Dennis to go.

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Travis was at Golden State when they played Steph Curry and Monta Ellis together.  

That turned out well, basically Monta and Steph didn't get along and he had to be traded, Travis the GM leaves alot tobe desired

Unless the carceral state makes a move for him in the meantime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is one more reason Schlenk should have kept Doncic. You can play Dennis and Doncic together. Young and Dennis - no way. 

In this scenario Dennis would have had the chanc to upgrade his value. Schlenk could have got his so loved asset at the trade deadline. Now everybody knows that the hawks want him gone. And who knows, maybe Dennis, Doncic, Prince, Collins, Dedmon could have been a more than decent lineup going forward. With many young guns off the bench. But unfortunatly we will never know.

7 hours ago, AHF said:

Which is not the way you want to sell him in a trade.  At all.

Teague kept Dennis out of a starting job for years.  I hope to god we neither plan to do that with our top pick nor plan to play Young off the ball longterm.  

Learning to play off the ball is super low on my list of priorities for Young’s development but I agree that will be the best case result of them playing in the floor together.  

Cant wait to see whether we throw our rookie or the suspect defender we are trying to make look good for trades up against an opposing 6’8” shooting guard.

I agree, but he most likely is going to be that anyway unless he goes to PHX, ORL, or possibly NY.  Not a lot of teams needing PG's right now.  

I think he's going to be dealt in a YUK deal like Dennis for Biyombo and a 2nd or something like that.  Shorter deal and slightly less $.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, AHF said:

Cuts into Young development time because Dennis has zero value when he isn’t handling the ball.  As long as Dennis is here, Trae’s true role is on hold.  Trae’s high usage won’t exactly feature Dennis for boosting his trade value.  It will be more about seeing another team’s pg situation go down in flames and then trying to capitalize on their desperation (assuming they haven’t thrown in the towel and started tanking).

This.  Dennis has to be moved before the preseason starts.   My guess...

NYK will probably take him in this trade:

Dennis/Muscala for Noah/Ntilikina 

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

He could, but he’s still just a 19 year old kid with a seasoned vet in front of him at the same position. I don’t expect him to start, but I do exactly expect him to get plenty of playing time.

Actually, I expect them to move Dennis, bring in some vet who just wants to play and teach and let the young kid start.  This is his team.   We pick up somebody like Jack... then watch it unfold. 

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

This.  Dennis has to be moved before the preseason starts.   My guess...

NYK will probably take him in this trade:

Dennis/Muscala for Noah/Ntilikina 

NY wont touch it. I think we need Dennis. I am not sold on Trae at 30 MPG v. The NBA PGs. Just about every guy as a freshman struggled with NBA PGs out of college 

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Actually, I expect them to move Dennis, bring in some vet who just wants to play and teach and let the young kid start.  This is his team.   We pick up somebody like Jack... then watch it unfold. 

I wouldn’t mind this either, but I don’t think it’s necessary to throw Trae to the wolves just because we spent a high pick on him. Most veteran guards will be better players and I’d rather not ride him like that over the course of an 82 game season. He will need to adjust to workload that comes with the NBA.

16 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I remember several Squawkers saying Dennis would be the best PG in the NBA when all was said and done.  :deke:

I and many thought he could be a borderline all-star. If not a 3rd choice and making the team outright; then a alternate one year when a player took the weekend off. Most of our hopes were based on his scoring and assist potential. We all knew he needed to improve his turn overs and efficiency but most of us were confident Dennis and with Buds guidance he would get that done.

Dennis has the tools to shoot threes, he has the tools to get in the paint at will, he has the tools to draw fouls. But having talent and getting the most out of it do not go hand in hand for most basketball players. To me this is the case with Dennis. Maybe he just does not want to put the work in to be great.

• Like 1