• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pumped for Trae

volman

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I honestly don't know why comb-overs aren't cool anymore.   Almost everything else has come back in style. 

Agreed. And some of this...

“With so many things coming back in style I can’t wait till morals, respect and intelligence become a trend again”-Denzel Washington

• Like 4

I saw the rating posted but here's a little more on the story ...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2018/08/09/nba-2k19-player-ratings-atlanta-hawks-rookie-trae-youngs-render-and-rating-revealed/#6bb0a86619e1

Considering he's only rated lower than Ayton, Bagley and Doncic, I don't think he got disrespected by the 77, necessarily.  Maybe he expected to get the top rating since he worked directly with them more than any other rook?

Young has worked more closely with 2K during its pre-release period than any other player from the NBA's 2018 draft class. He wore the slogan of NBA 2K19, "They Will Know Your Name," on the inside of his  sport coat at the draft, and even filmed a vignette about his journey to this point in his career.

• Admin

77 is more then fair ... he has not proven anything yet and is a rookie.  He has not played against NBA defenses and the bigger stronger point guards (or tried to defend them).  I think it will be a real adjustment for him and expect a lot of struggles early on.  The good news is with Dennis in OKC and the fact that we are not trying to win Trae will be allowed to make mistakes and have every opportunity to learn

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Awesome article about Trae

“I’m putting all my individual goals aside; it’s all about winning,” he said. “It’s all about getting the culture back to what it was when Al Horford was there, Jeff Teague and they were in the Eastern Conference Finals and won 60 games. That’s my goal. I want to get back to winning, and I know the city of Atlanta wants that, and it’s our job to bring it back.”

Link - https://www.sbnation.com/2018/8/15/17675572/trae-young-atlanta-hawks-nba-relatable-star

• Like 1

Someone besides us, the Hawk fans, believe in our new PG!  Wonder if he has anything after the draft was over?  Would like to see his take on our three new Hawks that came out of the draft.

:biggrin:

9 hours ago, asdogg said:

Cant wait till the season starts!

Liked the second video....I get the mike bibby comparisons but then I don’t . I believe Trae has more skill coming out of college than bibby had. Trae to me is some kind of fusion of curry, Nash, Lillard...he has a sprinkle of each of those players to me.

• Like 2

On 8/20/2018 at 11:12 AM, asdogg said:

Cant wait till the season starts!

I hate to say it but he is clearly biased in favor of traditional smaller ball dominant point guards. Some of things he said are ridiculous. He's not a fan of Ben Simmons having the ball and would have him play off the ball. Really? No NBA coach would do that. He also dismisses Steph because he says he's not a true point guard. Yea ok, he's only a once in a generation talent. Just stop dude.

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I hate to say it but he is clearly biased in favor of traditional smaller ball dominant point guards. Some of things he said are ridiculous. He's not a fan of Ben Simmons having the ball and would have him play off the ball. Really? No NBA coach would do that. He also dismisses Steph because he says he's not a true point guard. Yea ok, he's only a once in a generation talent. Just stop dude.

His Young #1, Doncic #15 board (5:34 of Doncic video) raises my eyebrow but I sure hope he is right on Young and wrong on wherever he had Huerter (outside of top 20).

I get the feeling some will not want to admit this, but if a Mike Bibby type is what Trae Young ends up becoming, then that is a very good outcome for the Hawks.  Now, it may not be the superstar player you have envisioned, but him being closer to Mike Bibby is a far more likely outcome than him being another Steve Nash.  Bibby amassed 16.6 VORP between his age 21-28 seasons.  That's a very good outcome for this pick.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I get the feeling some will not want to admit this, but if a Mike Bibby type is what Trae Young ends up becoming, then that is a very good outcome for the Hawks.  Now, it may not be the superstar player you have envisioned, but him being closer to Mike Bibby is a far more likely outcome than him being another Steve Nash.  Bibby amassed 16.6 VORP between his age 21-28 seasons.  That's a very good outcome for this pick.  

and on the same note

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/8/21/17764020/luka-doncic-no-zero-votes-nba-rookie-survey-best-career-nba-draft-2018-mavericks

No NBA player voted Doncic as having the best NBA career.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

In Sacramento his play quite good. 

Ok  bit off topic but about Trae nonetheless. I realize it’s only a video game but 2k18 updated rosters got Trae playing like he’s Nash met Bob Cousy. I wish I hadn’t posted buff pics of myself and just been able to post this pass Trae made. If he plays a thing close to what I’m doing with him it’s nutty. 

Ps Some dude saw me with my Braves ? today and decided to just say..”nice hat”...living in the Bay Area I thought he was being snooty trying to say I’m a bandwagon fan. So I just said...”since the 80’s”...and he said..oh that’s great! My brother and I have been fans since the the TBS days. He seemed genuine to the point where I didn’t feel it necessary to call him a douche after the convo. See, @kg01, if you give people the benefit of the doubt, they may surprise you. ? 

• Like 2

1. DeAndre Ayton, Phoenix -- 18%
    Collin Sexton, Cleveland -- 18%

3. Luka Doncic, Dallas -- 9%
    Kevin Knox, New York -- 9%

5. Mohamed Bamba, Orlando -- 6%
    Devonte' Graham, Charlotte -- 6%
    Michael Porter Jr., Denver -- 6%
    Trae Young, Atlanta -- 6%

im sorry I’m not even being biased but this is wrong. How is Sexton at 18% and Young at 6%? If Trae doesnt put up better numbers than Devonte Graham there is a problem. Assuming Graham is buried behind Kemba. Trae is getting more minutes as well. This survey sucks ? ?’s I’m sorry these rooks are pissing me off. ?‍♀️ 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

1. DeAndre Ayton, Phoenix -- 18%
    Collin Sexton, Cleveland -- 18%

3. Luka Doncic, Dallas -- 9%
    Kevin Knox, New York -- 9%

5. Mohamed Bamba, Orlando -- 6%
    Devonte' Graham, Charlotte -- 6%
    Michael Porter Jr., Denver -- 6%
    Trae Young, Atlanta -- 6%

im sorry I’m not even being biased but this is wrong. How is Sexton at 18% and Young at 6%? If Trae doesnt put up better numbers than Devonte Graham there is a problem. Assuming Graham is buried behind Kemba. Trae is getting more minutes as well. This survey sucks ? ?’s I’m sorry these rooks are pissing me off. ?‍♀️ 

They voted Trae best shooter and playmaker. Did you want them to give him every award?