• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Everybody's talking bout Ice Trae but..

StephenHawking

4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I was never on board with the hire.  “Players’ coach,” “loud (contemporary) music,” “loose atmosphere” are all phrases I don’t want to hear. Then the Lebron co-sign.  LeBron only likes coaches he can pal around with and eventually walk over, hence the Lakers move.

I’ve yet to see what makes Atkinson good but the day we let Quinn go set out coaching carousel back years.  Our current coach’s gameplan seems to consist of awful three point shooters jacking like @Spud2nique to a scrambled Playboy channel back in the day.

I can’t bash unmercifully without giving a few props though.  All eyes were on Trae’s effort on D, I think we are all pleasantly surprised on that front.  That’s mostly coaching.

? what it I do to you? ? me likey tho. We will get better but not as good as your warriors. I know uuuuuuuuuu Eddieeeee!!! U da F U man! 

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

? what it I do to you? ? me likey tho. We will get better but not as good as your warriors. I know uuuuuuuuuu Eddieeeee!!! U da F U man! 

You know we cool, folk.  We just been short on sexual innuendo lately.  I gotta pick up the slack for you and @kg01 .  I know y’all on a probationary membership period lol.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I was never on board with the hire.  “Players’ coach,” “loud (contemporary) music,” “loose atmosphere” are all phrases I don’t want to hear. Then the Lebron co-sign.  LeBron only likes coaches he can pal around with and eventually walk over, hence the Lakers move.

I’ve yet to see what makes Atkinson good but the day we let Quinn go set out coaching carousel back years.  Our current coach’s gameplan seems to consist of awful three point shooters jacking like @Spud2nique to a scrambled Playboy channel back in the day.

I can’t bash unmercifully without giving a few props though.  All eyes were on Trae’s effort on D, I think we are all pleasantly surprised on that front.  That’s mostly coaching.

Pierce is a strictly defensive guy. I don't think our staff has a clue about offense.

• Like 2

You won’t find a bigger Snyder fan than me, but I ain’t close to giving up on Pierce so quickly. Everyone is forgetting he said he intended to just let them do their thing in Utah to document teaching points in film. And he has Trae giving good effort on D. Jury is still out...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, hazer said:

You won’t find a bigger Snyder fan than me, but I ain’t close to giving up on Pierce so quickly. Everyone is forgetting he said he intended to just let them do their thing in Utah to document teaching points in film. And he has Trae giving good effort on D. Jury is still out...

Don't you see the irony in this...The team sucked at defense last year but in that case it was the players...The rookies and g-leaguers can't shoot in 3 summer league game and it has to be because of coaching..Lol at these sad fans.

vor 9 Minuten, hazer sagte:

Man neither do I. The thing that's bothering me is that they aren't exactly boosting traes confidence by not giving him any kind of system. As I said before traes whole game builds on his confidence. Atm he's left alone on an isle with the media and the fans having tremendously high aspirations. I just don't think psychologically it's the right way to introduce your new pg to the city

• Like 2

vor 9 Minuten, Peoriabird sagte:

Don't you see the irony in this...The team sucked at defense last year but in that case it was the players...The rookies and g-leaguers can't shoot in 3 summer league game and it has to be because of coaching..Lol at these sad fans.

Obviously you didn't read my whole point. I'm not solely blaming the coaching staff. Neither do I give up on the coaching staff or think they'll do wrong. I just think it's not the right way to start of with bad habits, not introducing the players to a system early and consequently see trae already losing confidence in his abilities. Its more a point of view and a different psychological approach. 

33 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You talking to me? What the hell does what somebody else said last year about defense have to do with me or what I said? I’m addressing Pierce’s coaching, not the team’s shooting. He telegraphed this before Summer League even started.

I can see how it's tough to implement a system or plays with a bunch of SL guys just meeting each other and not knowing who they're going to play with during any given game. That and Ice Trae is such a perfect nickname after the first three SL games. 3/24 3pt is pretty abysmal considering we gave up such a good prospect for Trae. Not that I don't understand it's just SL and he is a or okie and whatever; he probably will turn it around soon. But I get it from a media standpoint. That nickname is too good to pass up, like Linsanity or Ice Teague. I'm a Hawks fan but I can give credit where credit is due in terms of funny negative nicknames for our guys, Ice Trae is a quick Classic in my book.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

What's going on with Pierce and the coaching staff? 

I at least blame 50 percent of the bad play on them. 

You could see all those other squads following some kind of game plan even though they too have almost only new players on their summer league rosters. We on the other hand rely only on iso and chucking the ball. That whole rushing the ball gets you nowhere when you run into a packed paint 9/10 times. 

I understand the stafd needs time too and I'll give em that, but I'd encourage yall to not solely blame trae for his bad play.  

I hope Pierce and the staff figure out some kind of system to play in Vegas otherwise the bad habits and scores will continue. 

For a player whose relying on confidence as much as a 30ft shooter its severely unsettling to not have any plays for some easy buckets.

He said flat out before Summer League started, that he wasn't going to try to change much about how Trae plays basketball.   So the "chuck and dish" type game that Trae played at Oklahoma, would be permitted in Summer League.  Then he was preaching for the team to run uptempo at the fastest pace possible.

So yes, some of this blame definitely goes on Pierce, especially since he's right there at Summer League.

• Like 2

Honestly, even though it is summer league these past 3 games have been some of the worst basketball I have ever witnessed. Why is that everyone else's team is better than ours??

Rookie head coach, lack of talent outside our own picks, and we don't have too many older guys who play with poise.