• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Next Season’s Watchability

Final_quest

I can’t wait to see them this year. We are finally going to play with pace. I hated seeing Denis letting the ball roll up the court when the clock was not an issue, drove me nuts.  I canceled my season tickets last year and glad I did, that team was the worst ever.  Got it back this year because I am excited about all the rookies, Lin and the new direction in which the team is headed, fast paced, exciting basketball.  

I believe our record will be better than predicted and Atlanta will receive more national press with the mere fact that Trae, Collins and Jeremy are on the team.  Last year, The national press didn’t care for any players on our team. Come on October, so the highlight factory can be resurrected.

• Like 1

Trae and Lin on the court isn't making anything up. There will be some fun passing to witness. Just hoping they both can hold up physically the entire season. No injuries please! That is probably asking a lot of Lin at this stage.

• Like 2

Simply for the fact that there will be new faces and my curiosity to see Collins and Prince’s growth this year, I’m actually pretty excited to watch.  Not for the sake of wins but more for chemistry and growth now that I feel like we’re fairly set with this roster.

I think there will be plenty of Young/Collins highlight plays in store too. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I think Collins, Trae and Prince should deliver some excitement every night. They will have some down time as well (Collins will be the most consistent).  Can’t wait to watch them along with Spellman and Huerter.  Baze and Dedmon should be steady contributors who help keep things in a healthy place.  Dorsey and Bembry could take big steps.  Lin should be solid when healthy.  In short, I don’t expect we will be great but I’m quite excited to watch the team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Next season's watchability completely depends on Trae Young ..... Period.

If he's able to play well AND entertain the crowd with great, flashy passing and deep threes .. even in losses .. this may make the Hawks watchable.

Basically, if we get the Vegas version of Trae, people will be interested.  If we get the Utah version of Trae, no one will care about the Hawks after Thanksgiving.

In all fairness, when Lonzo Ball was healthy for the Lakers, they were watchable for the first time in years. I hope that's the case for us. This team has been awful to watch since Al left

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If he's able to play well AND entertain the crowd with great, flashy passing and deep threes .. even in losses .. this may make the Hawks watchable.

Basically, if we get the Vegas version of Trae, people will be interested.  If we get the Utah version of Trae, no one will care about the Hawks after Thanksgiving.

This isn't summer league. Yes Trae Young will play a big role in watchability but so will Collins, Prince, Bembry (if healthy) and same for Lin. We will also be excited to see what more Spellman and Huerter can do as well as newly acquired Justin Anderson and Tyler Dorsey haters and supporters alike. Watching Dedmon add more defense with a continued offensive presence and Plumlee actually being serviceable playing with play making point guards like Trae, Lin, and even some of our other players. We have alot of players on the squad that can score from everywhere and can create shots for themselves as well as others. 

Point is Trae isn't playing where he's one of the only new toys anymore. Of course he will be scrutinized heavily but he has so many weapons around him to take the pressure off of him. They will make him look good because you can't double team him and leave them and vice versa. Trae will look great more times than he looks bad maybe later rather early because he's actually playing with a real/serviceable team.

In Oklahoma he was the best player and had to do what he had to. In Summer League Collins and Dorsey at times gave him competition. On our team all of our players will be alot more talented and give Trae many more areas to operate. It will be very difficult for a player like Trae to play poorly (once he learns Nba ropes) with the team currently constructed. When you have a playmaker the more weapons the better and though they may be young and raw at times, it's still going to be fun to watch!    

53 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The only thing that excites me is winning I'd rather win while playing a boring style than lose with a flamboyant style.

Why can't we have both "In my State Farm voice" ?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sillent said:

This isn't summer league. Yes Trae Young will play a big role in watchability but so will Collins, Prince, Bembry (if healthy) and same for Lin. We will also be excited to see what more Spellman and Huerter can do as well as newly acquired Justin Anderson and Tyler Dorsey haters and supporters alike. Watching Dedmon add more defense with a continued offensive presence and Plumlee actually being serviceable playing with play making point guards like Trae, Lin, and even some of our other players. We have alot of players on the squad that can score from everywhere and can create shots for themselves as well as others. 

Point is Trae isn't playing where he's one of the only new toys anymore. Of course he will be scrutinized heavily but he has so many weapons around him to take the pressure off of him. They will make him look good because you can't double team him and leave them and vice versa. Trae will look great more times than he looks bad maybe later rather early because he's actually playing with a real/serviceable team.

In Oklahoma he was the best player and had to do what he had to. In Summer League Collins and Dorsey at times gave him competition. On our team all of our players will be alot more talented and give Trae many more areas to operate. It will be very difficult for a player like Trae to play poorly (once he learns Nba ropes) with the team currently constructed. When you have a playmaker the more weapons the better and though they may be young and raw at times, it's still going to be fun to watch!    

Why can't we have both "In my State Farm voice" ?

Youth.

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Youth.

Boston is still pretty young, Philly took long enough but their young( injuries prolonged their youth from playing), New Orleans, Portland, Milwaukee. There are some/plenty youthful teams Bulls, Magic, Kings, Suns, Mavs, Knicks, Nets that prove that simple statement including us last year. Not saying we'll be world beaters this year but I do believe we can string a few runs here and there. The difference is how the team is constructed. From the way a team is built, developed, chemistry, playing/personal style. Our young team is constructed to be offensive juggernauts and with some extra coaching on defense we can be a complete overall team (this is even before next years draft picks).  

(If healthy/still on team) Dedmon, Anderson, Bembry, Baze. Collins, Spellman and Prince will prove again that they're (better than expected defenders). Huerter might have to be added to that list as well as possibly even Plumlee if he plays under coach LLoyd. We will be a work in progress but I think we'll see some good progress from time to time. If healthy put me down for 39.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I have a hard time believing Trae will shoot less than 15% from three. With that being said, the chances we get the Utah version are slim and none.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sillent said:

Trae is the face on the franchise now.   I would bet that the first Hawk that the average NBA could name, is Trae Young.     The majority of the local marketing of the Hawks, will center around Trae Young.

No one is coming to "watch" Tyler Dorsey or Taurean Prince.  They're coming to watch Trae.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
I have a hard time believing Trae will shoot less than 15% from three. With that being said, the chances we get the Utah version are slim and none.

Not with Jent working with him. I’m predicting by the time the season ends he will have that 3 point % in high 30s and he will eventually get in the 40s later in his career as his shot selection and confidence improves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turnermx said:

Not with Jent working with him. I’m predicting by the time the season ends he will have that 3 point % in high 30s and he will eventually get in the 40s later in his career as his shot selection and confidence improves

If he is assisting his teammates at a high clip;  still firing from logo range while hitting 35% from 3 as a rookie, I will be 100% psyched with his rookie season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
If he is assisting his teammates at a high clip;  still firing from logo range while hitting 35% from 3 as a rookie, I will be 100% psyched with his rookie season.

Those logo shots look crazy but in the NBA they’re wide open shots because no one wants to defend out there it’s an automatic dunk almost every possession. Trae won’t see the kind of pressure out there he saw in college. I’m very excited to see this team!

• Like 2

:cool:

The Hawks are my team.  Whatever they do, I'll be watching, hoping for the best.  I know that they will not win bunches and bunches of games.  That will not stop me from wanting and pulling for victory.

For me, it will be exciting to watch our starting five.  They will be our experienced vets, at least early in the season.  Don't forget, we do have some.  Then, the excitement of waiting for our new players to make an appearance on the floor.  Short time, probably, early in the season.  Then, more time as they learn and mature.

You know me.  Every free throw, I want to go in.  Can we please, please hit a high % of these!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

• Like 2