• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Next Season’s Watchability

Final_quest

Curious to hear how watchable people think the Hawks will be next year.  

I think being able to watch so many young players develop will make for some entertaining moments.  I definitely think we will lose most games, but so many players on rookie contracts getting tons of PT is exciting to me.  Your normally begging for coaches to put the young players in the game.  

It will be like Horford’s rookie year.  

• Premium Member

I think I will enjoy the Wolves, Nuggets and even Bulls. I can't sit through 2-20 Acie Law 2.0 shootings nights and coming on the boards to see people erupt over "OMG Sothron was right from the start!" posts.

To answer the question, much better than last year.  This is the first time in years where we didn't know exactly what we have.  The playoff Hawks teams were all treadmill, we knew we weren't beating LeBron, and we had similar starting lineups nearly every year. 

Last year we knew we were going to suck, but we really only had Collins to watch.

We know we won't be good this year, but we have lots of young 1st round picks on rookie contracts.  Will be interesting for sure.

People refer to the 04-05 season as one of the worst ever, that was actually an entertaining season at the time even though we were terrible.  I watched every one of those games.  Last year was terrible, there was virtually no potential on the team.

• Like 1

I guess I should say this.  

1.  If they play at a pace that encourages the young players to make mistakes.

2.  If they allow the young players to take stupid shots.

3.  If there isn't any effort on the part of the front office and coaching staff to win games

Then next season will be completely unwatchable. 

22 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I think I will enjoy the Wolves, Nuggets and even Bulls. I can't sit through 2-20 Acie Law 2.0 shootings nights and coming on the boards to see people erupt over "OMG Sothron was right from the start!" posts.

Don’t go missing when it’s time to eat  crow.

16 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I guess I should say this.  

1.  If they play at a pace that encourages the young players to make mistakes.

2.  If they allow the young players to take stupid shots.

3.  If there isn't any effort on the part of the front office and coaching staff to win games

Then next season will be completely unwatchable. 

This is where CLP gets the chance to prove himself. No lofty expectations, but can you get this inexperienced team playing their best possible basketball and minimize offensive mistakes ? That’s the question that remains to be answered with the mystery that is CLP. I have a feeling that the Hawks will overachieve defensively based on their experience and talent level. By overachieve, I mean being a somewhat average defense (rank 16-20). 

• Premium Member

No more

1. Luke Babbitt

2. Malcolm Delaney

3. Damien Lee

4. Jaylen Morris

5. Isiah Taylor

6. Josh Magette

7. Mike Muscala

8. Andrew White

Looking forward to seeing more Bembry, Collins, Huerter, and obviously Young.  Kinda interested in seeing what Lin looks like now also.

• Like 2

I’m excited to see what Très can do distributing, watch the continued growth of Printz, see J-Bap begin to dominate, witness Dedmon Walking have a career year, see what The Huerter and Cal-Omari have in the toolbox, and find out if CLP is the player developer and defensive mind he’s chalked up to be. As usual, I’ll still watch 99% of the games and attend 1 or 2 in person. I’m willing to give CLP a couple of years before I judge. Then we’ll know if it’s time to hand over the keys to Jent. Or make Snyder an offer he can’t refuse.

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

No more

1. Luke Babbitt

2. Malcolm Delaney

3. Damien Lee

4. Jaylen Morris

5. Isiah Taylor

6. Josh Magette

7. Mike Muscala

Looking forward to seeing more Bembry, Collins, Huerter, and obviously Young.  Kinda interested in seeing what Lin looks like now also.

1 minute ago, hazer said:

I’m excited to see what Très can do distributing, watch the continued growth of Printz, see J-Bap begin to dominate, witness Dedmon Walking have a career year, see what The Huerter and Cal-Omari have in the toolbox, and find out if CLP is the player developer and defensive mind he’s chalked up to be. As usual, I’ll still watch 99% of the games and attend 1 or 2 in person. I’m willing to give CLP a couple of years before I judge. Then we’ll know if it’s time to hand over the keys to Jent. Or make Snyder an offer he can’t refuse.

I left out Linsanity. That should be quite interesting ?

2 hours ago, AtLaS said:

To answer the question, much better than last year.  This is the first time in years where we didn't know exactly what we have.  The playoff Hawks teams were all treadmill, we knew we weren't beating LeBron, and we had similar starting lineups nearly every year. 

Last year we knew we were going to suck, but we really only had Collins to watch.

We know we won't be good this year, but we have lots of young 1st round picks on rookie contracts.  Will be interesting for sure.

People refer to the 04-05 season as one of the worst ever, that was actually an entertaining season at the time even though we were terrible.  I watched every one of those games.  Last year was terrible, there was virtually no potential on the team.

I liked all of that except the last part. We got to see more of Prince's offensive potential. Dedmon all of a sudden learn how to shoot 3's & with us instead of the Spurs. Unfortunately not much of Bembry but Dorsey despite popular belief showed he could be serviceable towards the end of the season. We atleast got some flashes from players like IT, Andrew White III, Bud's son, Jaylen Morris, and Damian Lee after the vets ( Belli and Illy) left.    

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to it. Collins, Trae, Prince, Spellman, and Huerter are exciting young talents. If Bembry can stay healthy for more than a week at a time then he may belong in that grouping as well. Not to mention Dorsey still has room to grow and even Cleveland had some great plays in the SL. I haven't looked into Anderson yet. Baze, Dedmon, and Lin are very likable (and still relatively young) veterans who can play. I've also read that Pierce has an intensity about him on the sidelines. There should be a lot of really fun moments. Hell, even if Plumlee has to play he can thunder dunk on someone. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, High5 said:

I'm looking forward to it. Collins, Trae, Prince, Spellman, and Huerter are exciting young talents. If Bembry can stay healthy for more than a week at a time then he may belong in that grouping as well. Not to mention Dorsey still has room to grow and even Cleveland had some great plays in the SL. I haven't looked into Anderson yet. Baze, Dedmon, and Lin are very likable (and still relatively young) veterans who can play. I've also read that Pierce has an intensity about him on the sidelines. There should be a lot of really fun moments. Hell, even if Plumlee has to play he can thunder dunk on someone. 

Since I can't give you a like :highfive:

• Like 1

I’ve been around since 1985. This will be the most exciting year imo with Trae at the helm. Exciting not necessarily resulting in wins. I personally liked the 91 Augmon rookie year..I loved his D and breakaway dunks and dunks overall. I thought the 2012-13 season with Korver Deshawn Devin Harris Tolliver and co was fun too. 

This will be a wide open fun style game we will witness. Obviously a ton of high pick n rolls with Trae and he will amaze us with passes. Im very excited about watching the development of our pups!

GO HAWKS!!!

• Like 2

They are going to be fun to watch. Collins, Prince and Spellman's dunks off Lin and Young's passes will be thunderous. Some of Trae's passes will be flat out astonishing, Then you have Young and Huerter shooting from anywhere on the court if open. One thing not mentioned much is rebounding. I think we are going to surprise a lot of naysayers with how could we are on the glass,

The bad will be typical of a young team; the exciting will far outweigh it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

They are going to be fun to watch. Collins, Prince and Spellman's dunks off Lin and Young's passes will be thunderous. Some of Trae's passes will be flat out astonishing, Then you have Young and Huerter shooting from anywhere on the court if open. One thing not mentioned much is rebounding. I think we are going to surprise a lot of naysayers with how good we are on the glass,

The bad will be typical of a young team; the exciting will far outweigh it.

Fixed