• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sign C Alex Len

GrimeyKidd

Just for reference but not to bash anyone. I do remember because I followed it closely because of Snyder and being stunned we got both Sap and DMC for next to nothing. Quinn had the biggest coaching influence on DMC and he did indeed work on the corner with him. He worked with DMC after practice and few were willing to hang out that long. Many articles to find but this is a start to how important Quin was to DMC.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/demarre-carroll-raptors-thank-you-atlanta-hawks

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Just for reference but not to bash anyone. I remember because I followed it closely because of Snyder and being stunned we got both Sap and DMC for next to nothing. Quinn had the biggest coaching influence on DMC and he did indeed work on the corner with him. He worked with DMC after practice and few were willing to hang out that long. Many articles to find but this is a start to how important Quin was to DMC.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/demarre-carroll-raptors-thank-you-atlanta-hawks

DMC mentions Atkinson an Ham as well but still no Ben Gully. Aka Apparently the guy behind the guy behind the guy. ? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

DMC mentions Atkinson an Ham as well but still no Ben Gully. Aka Apparently the guy behind the guy behind the guy. ? 

Quin, Kyle Korver and Anthony Morrow talked to local tv well after practice was over very often. Can't imagine why.

• Like 2

Ben Sullivan USED to be the shooting coach, now he’s gone. Jent is assistant now, also our shooting guru, who is here. Google what LaBrawna says about Jent. Hint: he credits Jent for singlehandedly fixing his shot the season he had highest FT and 3PT percentages. But yeah, Sullivan ?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

@KB21 is correct regarding Ben Sullivan as the shot doctor @Thomas and @Spud2nique He learned from the master in San Antonio, Chip Engelland.  

Thomas is also correct that Quinn was instrumental in developing other aspects of players games...I remember DMC talking specifically about foot work and placement, said that was the first time he was ever taught that.

Jent may not be a 'shot doctor' but if Bud is correct - he'll do wonders with this bunch.

Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer says Jent "has a track record of improving players' skill level and understanding of the game at every level."

Who is the current Hawks shooting coach?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

Wow cannot believe I guessed this signing, it was so obvius. I am stunned we got this guy, he has potential to be a quality big for an awesome deal, sure he cannot shoot 3s but can rebound and block shots, great signing

From the videos im looking at he can shoot the 3 but he hasn't been asked to do it much as he shot 3 last season making 1 of those. Id like to see him given the green light like Dedmon was.

• Like 1

What I like about Len: 

Rim runner

Is athletic on offense. 

Can block shots

A good screener and roller. 

Needs to unlock his shooting. I felt that tried to use him like Tyson Chandler Jr. when he should be used like Dedmon. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

What I like about Len: 

Rim runner

Is athletic on offense. 

Can block shots

A good screener and roller. 

Needs to unlock his shooting. I felt that tried to use him like Tyson Chandler Jr. when he should be used like Dedmon. 

Phoenix also hasn't had a capable PG since he was drafted once they traded Dragic.

• Like 3

Lin/Trae

Baze/Huerter

Prince/Anderson

Collins/Spellman

Dedmon/Lin

Bembry/Dorsey/Plum

Not a bad looking squad for the 1st year of a rebuild. At least they should be somewhat competitive on most nights. Praying we get all 3 picks next year...Dog_Praying.jpg.c163d606af36c19f3f6ebd7f94e3fdf5.jpg

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I absolutely love this signing. I give credit when it is due. Schlenk made a good trade for Dennis and another good move by signing Len. Whenever Len gets playing time he's always produced including as a shot blocker.

• Like 1