• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KB21, your boys at Thestepien seem to like Future Atlanta Hawk Zion Williamson

NBASupes

13 hours ago, marco102 said:

Cam's high school tape shows a lot of driving. I believe coach K wants him to be a spot up shooter and let RJ and Zion drive to the basket.  I believe if any of them will fall out of the top 5 it'll be cam.  Just because he will not show off his complete skill set on a nightly basis.   Cam is almost as big of an anomaly as Zion.  Not many 6-9 guys move like him with his vision and shooting. 

For some reason I want Cam or Zion more than RJ.

I also believe one of the big 3 and a big (Bol Bol) would be great and it's the Hawks most likely scenario.

That’s where I’m at I’m high on reddish and think him an trae could be special.  Bol bol would be a project but if he hits my god you would actually realistically ment us the Celtics, Phili and Milwaukee in the same sentence with representing the eastern conference in the finals.  That’s how high I am on reddish.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, falconfan13 said:

Would you if you could pull it off Take Zion or Barrett at 1 and if we get the Mavs pick at 6 trade 6 + Unprotected Hawks 1st in 2020 + Prince to go up and get the other one of the 2? 

You would then have

Pg - Young / Vet
SG - Barrett / Huerter/ 30+ mil to find a SG
SF - Zion / Barrett /  30 + mil to find a SF
PF - Collins / Zion / Spellman
C - Len / Collins / 30+ mil to find a C

It's up to you how you would choose to spend the cap space and on what position depending where you would put Barrett, Zion, and Collins.

I would do it but it would prolly be reddish and Zion. Though I’m not sure Collins or Zion would ride the pine. If Zion can shoot I guess they could play together.

I think Zion fits better at the 4. Prince will be better as a 3 and D guy. Grab Langford with the Mavs pick. 

Trae / 31st pick or vet 

Langford / Huerter 

Prince / Bembry 

Zion / Spellman 

Collins / Len 

Also would be intrigued by Reddish/Barrett and Bol Bol. 

Trae / 31st pick or vet 

Reddish or Barrett / Huerter 

Prince / Bembry 

Collins  / Spellman 

Bol Bol / Len 

• Moderators

There are now two big incentives to tank but they have changed in priority some.

#1 - Best odds to get a top pick.

#2 - Default draft position if you don’t get pulled in the lottery.

Rowland is addressing #1 above and pointing out how it has diminished.  As the odds of not getting pulled in the lottery increase, however, the default becomes all the more important.

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

There are now two big incentives to tank but they have changed in priority some.

#1 - Best odds to get a top pick.

#2 - Default draft position if you don’t get pulled in the lottery.

Rowland is addressing #1 above and pointing out how it has diminished.  As the odds of not getting pulled in the lottery increase, however, the default becomes all the more important.

Tankathon has a nice statistical breakdown off the odds. The new system is much more fair to the bad but not super bad teams. The team with the worst record only has a 52% chance of even getting a top 4 pick.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Tankathon has a nice statistical breakdown off the odds. The new system is much more fair to the bad but not super bad teams. The team with the worst record only has a 52% chance of even getting a top 4 pick.

Being 3rd worst is almost same odds.  Big difference is worst case scenarios - #5 pick versus #7.

• Premium Member
On 9/11/2018 at 11:36 PM, NBASupes said:

Bol's dunk at :47 is the most amazing. Dudes his size outside of the Unicorn are no where near this agile. I hate to say it but there is no way these four players are falling out of the top 4: 

Barrett

Bol

Cam

Zion

I was coming on here to post about Bol Bol. Looks awesome. I hope he does fall out of the top five so we have a chance to nab him with the Mavs pick... which looks likely to convert. If not Bol, maybe Naz Reid or Bassey could be good options with that pick.  Best case scenario is picking #1 and #6... Imagine if we end up with Bol and Zion... that would be incredible.

21 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Zion doesn't D up either ... we don't need another non-defender and he is going to get destroyed on teh defensive end by those bigger PFs in the league.  

You mean the "bigger" PFs that live out on the perimeter now?   And those PFs are only taller.  They're not moving a 280 lb Zion out of the paint.  And they're not boxing him out for rebounds either.   It's a reason why Charles Barkley dominated on the boards, in a far tougher league, despite being only 6 - 4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You mean the "bigger" PFs that live out on the perimeter now?   And those PFs are only taller.  They're not moving a 280 lb Zion out of the paint.  And they're not boxing him out for rebounds either.   It's a reason why Charles Barkley dominated on the boards, in a far tougher league, despite being only 6 - 4.

Size and low center gravity = immovable object.

• Like 1