• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jimmy Butler

Vol4ever

I like Kawhi and Butler’s games a lot but their decisions are straight pissing me off. If a team gives up a Lauri Markk for you then you can’t have this type of attitude. Man...these kids with their entourage decision makers and their teaming up for championships???? Wtf...

What happened to playing out ur contract like a fcking man (or woman) and playing hard and having some pride in winning it on ur own...

Heres looking at you KD! Cupcake scrub... he will always have an * next to his name in my records. Smh..

Sorry for the rant. ✌️ 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I like Kawhi and Butler’s games a lot but their decisions are straight pissing me off. If a team gives up a Lauri Markk for you then you can’t have this type of attitude. Man...these kids with their entourage decision makers and their teaming up for championships???? Wtf...

What happened to playing out ur contract like a fcking man (or woman) and playing hard and having some pride in winning it on ur own...

Heres looking at you KD! Cupcake scrub... he will always have an * next to his name in my records. Smh..

Sorry for the rant. ✌️ 

yeah, I can't lie, the fact the TWolves gave up Lavine, Dunn and Lauri for one season of a guy that told Thibs he would stick with the Wolves and then one year later breaks his word has me pretty pissed. We gave the Bulls three good to very good potentially starters for one year of a guy that played in only 2/3 of the season and was hurt in the playoffs. All because he didn't get his ego stroked and the market isn't as big as he wants. Sad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

yeah, I can't lie, the fact the TWolves gave up Lavine, Dunn and Lauri for one season of a guy that told Thibs he would stick with the Wolves and then one year later breaks his word has me pretty pissed. We gave the Bulls three good to very good potentially starters for one year of a guy that played in only 2/3 of the season and was hurt in the playoffs. All because he didn't get his ego stroked and the market isn't as big as he wants. Sad.

Yup... by the by..Tommy Thibs is on one of he thinks baby Butler is a top 10 player in the league. I think he’s top 25 but not top 10 no way.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24788178/tom-thibodeau-pitches-jimmy-butler-rejoining-timberwolves

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

At 29 Is he a player that could lead the Hawks?  One of the best SG's in the NBA.  

Thoughts?

The tankers want to keep tanking, because they have dreams of Zion Williamson and RJ Barrett.   But if we're as good as people think we're going to be, we'll be picking around 8th - 11th, choosing between guys like Cameron Reddish, Johntay Porter, and Romeo Langford.

Grabbing Butler would've been a popular narrative around these parts just a mere 2 years ago.  But now that the Hawks covet "draft capital" instead of "NBA established capital",there will be no interest in a guy who be the best players we've added since Joe Johnson. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The tankers want to keep tanking, because they have dreams of Zion Williamson and RJ Barrett.   But if we're as good as people think we're going to be, we'll be picking around 8th - 11th, choosing between guys like Cameron Reddish, Johntay Porter, and Romeo Langford.

Grabbing Butler would've been a popular narrative around these parts just a mere 2 years ago.  But now that the Hawks covet "draft capital" instead of "NBA established capital",there will be no interest in a guy who be the best players we've added since Joe Johnson. 

He just doesn’t make sense timeline wise and ? getting locked up wise for us right now that’s all. A couple years ago we still had vet pieces to make an attempt at a run in the playoffs. I love 2 way dudes like Butler but it’s not happening.

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Sorry for the rant. ✌️ 

KD didn’t force his way out though. But by in at large I agree with the overall premise. In fact he and Lennon get kudos from me cause they haven’t forced there way off teams. 

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This^^^^   we gonna get Lebron with a pick next year lol

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Yup... by the by..Tommy Thibs is on one of he thinks baby Butler is a top 10 player in the league. I think he’s top 25 but not top 10 no way.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24788178/tom-thibodeau-pitches-jimmy-butler-rejoining-timberwolves

Yea he is top 10.  Plays both ends.  

6 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I don't disagree with your overall point, however, this is the wrong guy to go to bat for.

Butler is not a guy you want around, certainly not leading, a young team.  We have multiple years of evidence to that effect.

The anti-Jimi talk has nothing to do with pro or anti tanking.

I'd advise going to bat for a different addition.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Who has Butler made into a contender?  He ain't that kind of talent!

He took a non playoff team in Minnesota and got them to the playoffs in the west.  Jimmy Butler is a top 20 player in this league.

The Hawks won't look at him because he would mess up their desire to have the worst team in the NBA this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

This^^^^   we gonna get Lebron with a pick next year lol

Yes.  This is the pro tankers thought process.  Accept losing as a means to get the next LeBron James, when the chances of that happening are like 1 in a million.  

• Like 1