• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jimmy Butler

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Jimi Butler embodied everything that's good about sports ... at first.  Hardscrabble beginnings, homeless at some point IIRC.  Last pick of 1st round, built himself into an all-star caliber player.

But something went awry along the way.  Now he's Hollywood Jimi.  Hanging out with stars.  Clearly reads his own press.

Now he's become everything that's bad about sports.  Talented guy but now his ego outweighs his game.

You claim he's right to not want to "waste a year of his career" yet he wants to play for the Nets or Clippers?

Nah, he's no longer about winning.  He's about the glitz and glamour those cities bring.

Yes, he plays hard.  Plays both ends. All that.  Unfortunately, that dual nature apparently also leads him to being a poor leader.  Not good around young guys.  How about, instead of calling Wiggins out publicly, you actually encourage him to work with you?  See how much work you put in.  If he refuses, try again.  That's your teammate, after all.  Him getting better, directly helps you.

Nah, Jimi ain't got time fo' dat.  Trade me.

Obtw, Jimi's gettin' old, wants over $30mil per and is an injury risk (as all Thibs former guys are).

#EZPassLane

When he started referencing himself in 3rd person...it was over.

Jimmy Butler can begin making the Bulls better once he remembers how much humility and hard work it required to make Jimmy Butler an All-Star back before the kid from Tomball, Texas, went Hollywood as hell. Jimmy Butler the maximum-contract player worth $95 million should go back to being Jimmy Butler who required minimum coaching.

• Like 2

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

When he started referencing himself in 3rd person...it was over.

Jimmy Butler can begin making the Bulls better once he remembers how much humility and hard work it required to make Jimmy Butler an All-Star back before the kid from Tomball, Texas, went Hollywood as hell. Jimmy Butler the maximum-contract player worth $95 million should go back to being Jimmy Butler who required minimum coaching.

Always kind of wonder what runs through people's mind when they start doing that.  

• Like 2

On 9/25/2018 at 10:58 AM, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

So about the same odds we had of winning championship during the WLOC/Horf/Sap treadmill years? I’ll take wiping the slate clean with tanking over 60-wins and false hope.

Of course you would.  That's because you don't realize that you have a much better chance of winning a championship when you are actually good, and you have bought into this idea that you will get this unicorn star at the top of the draft.  

Butler is a money chaser. Jimmy is looking for the bigger markets like NY, Brooklyn, and LA (the teams he has mentioned) who doesn't have "stars" because he knows that he will be the "star" there, and they are the bigger market cities who will give him endorsements.  Little does he know, his ego is way to big and I'm sure a lot of people will not join him and rather join a real talent who can carry them to a championship.

• Premium Member

I think our next move out to be either 

Klay Thompson or Jaylen Brown. 

Pierce has to show that he can coach.   That means that this year, we have to make some waves.  I would love to see Collins step his game up to a high level.   Trae have a good rookie year.  And Baze become the team leader and Carter become the lockerroom leader and put up good numbers in the playoffs. 

IF we have a good Baze and a good Trae and Collins.  Would we seek a guy like Brown?  He has the ability to be a on ball defender and a good scorer but will be left behind by the Celtics if they make a play for Klay. 

Picks may get us Brown?

• Moderators
12 hours ago, KB21 said:

Of course you would.  That's because you don't realize that you have a much better chance of winning a championship when you are actually good, and you have bought into this idea that you will get this unicorn star at the top of the draft.  

We were good with a ceiling and no true #1 option and that's why the best we did was get swept in the ECF.  We never had a chance of winning a title at any point during the last 30 years.  Championship by committee doesn't work and history proves this.  We need a superstar in this league or the Hawks will continue to be a second-round bust.  A team gets good through the draft, not by remaining mediocre and hoping somebody signs with us.  As I said in another post, I'd rather tank the next 15 seasons for a superstar than to root on another 50-win, second-round exit.  Tanking is hard, but staying mediocre and competitive gives you nothing but false hope and a "feel good" feeling. I want titles and I'm tired of rooting on a treadmill city (looking at you too there Braves and Falcons).

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Diesel said:

Pierce has to show that he can coach.   That means that this year, we have to make some waves.  I would love to see Collins step his game up to a high level.   Trae have a good rookie year.  And Baze become the team leader and Carter become the lockerroom leader and put up good numbers in the playoffs. 

IF we have a good Baze and a good Trae and Collins.  Would we seek a guy like Brown?  He has the ability to be a on ball defender and a good scorer but will be left behind by the Celtics if they make a play for Klay. 

Picks may get us Brown?

Klay already said he is staying.  

• Admin
17 hours ago, Diesel said:

Picks may get us Brown?

No possibility of us getting Klay but I can see us eventually making a play for Brown who might want his own team where he is the focus.

Although I see our future SG being RJ Barrett or Cam Reddish

• Like 2

• Moderators
I see we are going to have another season of all threads being hijacked into rebuilding topics because of one ignored poster.

I think it’s about applying the topic of the thread to our current situation. Why would bringing in Butler make sense for the Hawks? We are obviously going through a rebuild and going after B-level talent does not improve our team. Our focus has to be player development and building through the draft, not signing/trading for a flashy name. It’s just being realistic.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I think it’s about applying the topic of the thread to our current situation. Why would bringing in Butler make sense for the Hawks? We are obviously going through a rebuild and going after B-level talent does not improve our team. Our focus has to be player development and building through the draft, not signing/trading for a flashy name. It’s just being realistic.

I have a better reason...He don't wanna to be here!!!

46 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Butler is B level talent now?  Smh.

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Butler is B level talent now?  Smh.

If your scale is something like A = MVP or 1st/2nd Team All-NBA; B = 3rd Team All-NBA or All-Star; C = Avg Starter; D = Rotation Player; F = Filling Roster Space then that fits.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Butler is an A level talent that doesn’t fit our timeline. Not sure ? what people are missing here. 

As Tony told Manny in Scarface....

She not for you...

Just depends on how you run your scale.  He isn't in a class with LeBron, Durant, Steph, healthy Kawhi, etc. for me.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I think that the Butler in Minny breakdown should cause anybody to pause.  He didn't finish with the Bulls well and now he just looks money hungry.   Instead of wasting time and talent with him, I would rather we catch a player on their way to being a star like Brown or sweet talk a fringe superstar like Klay.   Butler cost too much, won't stay and may wreck the lockerroom. 

• Like 1