Number 1 and 6th scoring rookies are...

Brotha2ThaNite

AND:  Hawks have scored more points per game than any other team in the east!

PLUS:  With our victory, we are off the floor.  Two teams in the east and two teams in the west have -0- wins for the season, including the Lakers and King James!

What a difference one victory makes.  To stay up we need another win or two along the way!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So for those who don't speak confusing title

1. Young - 23 ppg

2. Doncic - 18.3 ppg

3. JJJ - 15.0 ppg

4. Ayton - 14.3 ppg

5. Baley  - 12.7 ppg

6. Spellman - 12 ppg

25. Huerter - 4 ppg

Assists/Game

1 . Young - 8.3

2. Doncic - 4.3

7. Huerter - 2.0

Rebounding 

1. Ayton - 10.7

4. Doncic - 5.3

5. Huerter - 5.3

26. Spellman - 2.0

Most turnovers

1. Doncic - 13

2 . Young - 8

Thanks the title confused me! ? 

I’m a bit confused on why Bagley isn’t playing starter minutes for the Kings . It just doesn’t make sense to me (in my opinion) to NOT start a top 8-10 pick. All those guys should be Automatic starts in every draft.

9 times out of 10 those 8 or 10 teams lack talent in the worse way possible.

Watched my second full Mavs game of the season last night....generally not that impressed yet by Doncic (And I've been Staning pretty hard for him). Big enough to body people up, but missed on some wide open looks and doesn't really look all that fast. And his vision is nowhere near where Young is at right now. 

A couple of the highlight plays look good, but his usage was pretty high last night. I think Trae and Luka stay at the top of stats for rookies due to usage alone. 

• Premium Member

I love how every NBA site and expert has been very high on Doncic's play so far but this one forum. He's played great for a rookie with zero US basketball experience.

You guys don't have to hate Doncic or hope he fails to feel better about Young or the Hawks.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I love how every NBA site and expert has been very high on Doncic's play so far but this one forum. He's played great for a rookie with zero US basketball experience.

You guys don't have to hate Doncic or hope he fails to feel better about Young or the Hawks.

Imagine if the Hawks had landed Luca and Trae. We could have had two elite passers, and could in theory always have one on the floor at any time. That would be very entertaining.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Eh, there's been concerns on other forums....the trade situation just magnifies it here. And the internet hype around Luka was unreal. Even this season his pretty basic highlights are all over the front page of /r/NBA for no reason other than the fact that its Luka. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hazer said:

Damn, JJJ only shooting 22% on 3s. That’s putrid. Young shooting 39.3% from deep, btw. BOOM! ? 

One is a near 7 footer and the other is 105 LB midget who actually plays a position on the floor that requires him to shoot threes.  It’s a waste to compare three point shooting numbers.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

There's enough press out there praising Doncic and repeatedly stating how stupid the Hawks were to trade him. He's not on the Hawks roster so that may be one reason he's not getting praise heaped upon him on this forum. Another reason nobody here is really talking about him is because the guy we traded him for is playing REALLY well and looks like the better player.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Remember when he hit like 6/6 in threes in the summer league...reality struck!

Despite the 3 point shooting, JJJ is playing decent.  They really like what he brings to the team.

I hope Trae has a repeat of Sunday vs the Mavs.  Or at least have a very high assist game.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Despite the 3 point shooting, JJJ is playing decent.  They really like what he brings to the team.

I hope Trae has a repeat of Sunday vs the Mavs.  Or at least have a very high assist game.

And on the 3pt shooting, wait for a meaningful sample size.  22% on 9 attempts doesn’t mean jack.  If he made one more he’d be at 33%.  If Trae started 2-9 from deep I would not care.  Small sample size.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alex said:

One is a near 7 footer and the other is 105 LB midget who actually plays a position on the floor that requires him to shoot threes.  It’s a waste to compare three point shooting numbers.

You’re kidding right? He was heralded as a 7-footer with good shooting touch, “40% from 3.” Also, since you haven’t been hanging around here much lately, you get a pass on not knowing who that post was aimed at. Especially the “Boom!” direct quote ?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hazer said:

You’re kidding right? He was heralded as a 7-footer with good shooting touch, “40% from 3.” Also, since you haven’t been hanging around here much lately, you get a pass on not knowing who that post was aimed at. Especially the “Boom!” direct quote ?

Guess we can conclude JJJ = Durant and almost 2x as good a 3pt shooter as Klay Thompson because you know 2018-19 KD 23%, JJJ 22%, Klay 13%.