• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Prince, Collins...and Zion?

Sothron

• Premium Member

Let us assume Zion keeps playing on a #1 pick level for the rest of the year and we get the #1 pick.

Let us assume Collins progresses and Prince plays more like second half of last season Prince and is more consistent the rest of this season.

Do you think we would still take Zion? We'd have both forward positions filled with two young players that are trending upwards. Do you take Zion anyways and trade one of those two? And if you do, who would you trade?

If you keep them, where do you move the pieces? I would assume Zion would be in a super sixth man role with his size and reach he could play either forward position.

I know it is early to think about these things but since we all know this is going to be a long season...might as well talk about something that at least is fun to think about.

• Like 2

@Sothron forget about Zion for one second and tell the Joker and Sap to quit globetrotting us... I gotta admit Soth, between ur 2 other teams best players, I take the Joker 10/10 times over KAT. Denver is going to do something special this year I think.

ps Hell yes to Zion. He would start. Zion is making it impossible to pass on Zion in the draft.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, Sothron said:

Alright guys, I get that you all want Zion, I do too, but we can't start all 3 guys. Would you trade Prince or Collins? I keep thinking Prince is the expendable young veteran in this scenario.

I can agree with this if Taurean doesn't accept a role off the bench. This team needs a transcendent talent in the worst way, and there's nobody on this roster that's not expendable except for maybe Trae and Collins.

• Like 1

Zion needs to prove that he can shoot from the perimeter before he goes #1 overall.  Only 7% of his shots are three point shots, and he hits those at just 33%.  Plus, he's a 60% free throw shooter.  This is a skill that he doesn't currently have.  Get excited about the dunks all you want, but his shooting skill is very far behind his athleticism.

Cam Reddish is the guy on that Duke team that Travis Schlenk is going to want.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

Alright guys, I get that you all want Zion, I do too, but we can't start all 3 guys. Would you trade Prince or Collins? I keep thinking Prince is the expendable young veteran in this scenario.

Why can’t we start all 3? Honestly feel like Prince/Zion/Collins fits perfectly in today’s NBA. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Zion needs to prove that he can shoot from the perimeter before he goes #1 overall.  Only 7% of his shots are three point shots, and he hits those at just 33%.  Plus, he's a 60% free throw shooter.  This is a skill that he doesn't currently have.  Get excited about the dunks all you want, but his shooting skill is very far behind his athleticism.

Even if he continues to be extremely efficient/dominant while putting up a 24 BPM? 

Just now, GThawks3 said:

Even if he continues to be extremely efficient/dominant while putting up a 24 BPM? 

It's not sustainable.  It will go down when he isn't going up against the weak sisters of the poor.  He's got some good qualities, but he's a non shooter/non defender at this point, and athleticism only gets you so far.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Sothron said:

Let us assume Zion keeps playing on a #1 pick level for the rest of the year and we get the #1 pick.

Let us assume Collins progresses and Prince plays more like second half of last season Prince and is more consistent the rest of this season.

Do you think we would still take Zion? We'd have both forward positions filled with two young players that are trending upwards. Do you take Zion anyways and trade one of those two? And if you do, who would you trade?

If you keep them, where do you move the pieces? I would assume Zion would be in a super sixth man role with his size and reach he could play either forward position.

I know it is early to think about these things but since we all know this is going to be a long season...might as well talk about something that at least is fun to think about.

BPA or bust. Period.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

It's not sustainable.  It will go down when he isn't going up against the weak sisters of the poor.  He's got some good qualities, but he's a non shooter/non defender at this point, and athleticism only gets you so far.

That game against UK was legit domination.  They will be better by the end of the year than they are today, but they aren't a weak sisters of the poor team.

4 hours ago, hawkman said:

If Zion dropped out of Duke and somehow ended up on the Hawks roster today. He would be starting against the Pacers tomorrow. I don't see anybody on this roster he comes off the bench for, nor anybody on the roster that would make me think twice about drafting him #1 overall..

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Nobody on our roster will stop us from drafting him, but there may be someone who is draft eligible who might.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I love all three guys and wouldn't mind any of the three. You could honestly make a case for each of them. I'm taking Zion just due to the fact he has the best potential to be ATG. But I think all three could be ATGs and better than anyone we had in franchise history to go along with Trae. That includes Nique and Pettit.

Just now, NBASupes said:

I love all three guys and wouldn't mind any of the three. You could honestly make a case for each of them. I'm taking Zion just due to the fact he has the best potential to be ATG. But I think all three could be ATGs and better than anyone we had in franchise history to go along with Trae. That includes Nique and Pettit.

LOL!  Chances are, 2 of the 3 will be nothing more than rotation players in the NBA.