• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

28 minutes ago, JTB said:

Alright then I don’t get it unless they no longer see Huerter as a starter. Cause I’m not for anymore small 3s.

i hate to say it and I’ve been trying to avoid the reality but if they really move up to grab Culver, Huerter must be not be in the plans as starter but only a backup ....maybe sixth man who knows!

I can say this confidently, they clearly see Kevin as the future but look at all championship teams. They got three perimeter players that can really go on both ends of the court. Golden has KD, Klay and Iggy. 

• Like 1

Don't sleep on Nas, I don't know how his workout went but Atlanta likes him A LOT! Out of all of the players we like, I think Hunter is the one in 4th place. They like him but I don't know if he's the best fit for what we do and I get the feel talking to my people and of course my guy, that he might not be as high as the others to us. That said, PHX likes him a lot. I strongly think he goes #6. Cleveland likes him more than Reddish but they like Culver the most. They too like us, aren't in love with these guys. They are in love with R.J. and they too like us think this is a deep draft. 

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I can say this confidently, they clearly see Kevin as the future but look at all championship teams. They got three perimeter players that can really go on both ends of the court. Golden has KD, Klay and Iggy. 

They how come you don't like Culver-sac due to fit reasons?  Multiple playmakers, man.  That's our m.o.

Full disclosure, part of the reason I like Culver-sac so much is just to mess with you. 😎

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

They how come you don't like Culver-sac due to fit reasons?  Multiple playmakers, man.  That's our m.o.

Full disclosure, part of the reason I like Culver-sac so much is just to mess with you. 😎

I don't want to waste a top 10 pick on a backup who doesn't have star potential. He is a high end PDS role player. I don't see the value in it. If those close to me are correct, they want Reddish more than anyone in this class but they all say they same, Cam's ceiling is probably #8 and floor is probably #13. 1-7, teams got guys they like more but anything can happen,, all it takes is Garland to drop to Chicago, White outside of the top 7 and this is a completely different looking draft. White's floor and ceiling really seems like it's the Bulls. 

If Atlanta wants two wings, one high upside (Cam or Nas) and one with a high floor (Culver or Hunter) They gotta be smart. All it takes is a team that's not expected coming in and changing the entire draft. So Atlanta has to look at all angles. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't want to waste a top 10 pick on a backup who doesn't have star potential. He is a high end PDS role player. I don't see the value in it. If those close to me are correct, they want Reddish more than anyone in this class but they all say they same, Cam's ceiling is probably #8 and floor is probably #13. 1-7, teams got guys they like more but anything can happen,, all it takes is Garland to drop to Chicago, White outside of the top 7 and this is a completely different looking draft. White's floor and ceiling really seems like it's the Bulls. 

Yeah, I hear you.  Admittedly, Culver-sac does track to be more of a high-end roleplayer.  Yesterday, Fraschilla(sp?) on the NBARadio draft special broke down Culver and that's basically what he said.  Good athlete, not great athlete.  Sort of a jack of all trades, master of none.  Will be an excellent addition to any lockerroom, will be a hardworker, a pro from day 1.  But didn't see "star" in him.

I love the idea of adding a player like that but, as I said with Hunter, if "solid" is the best thing you can say about a guy he can't be my top-5 pick.

At this point, I'm ok with us shooting for Code Redd(ish).

For the purpose of screwing with you though, I'll keep pushing the Culver-sac narrative. 😏

The other thing Fraschilla said that caught my eye (or ear?) was that Goga is a true stretch-5 who's also a defensive presence.  I'm sold.

ETA: Also, I gotta say, I see rich man's MKG when I look at Little.

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You hearing anything about Sekou and where he might go? Hawks have interest at 10 or 8 if they move up? 

49 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Don't sleep on Nas, I don't know how his workout went but Atlanta likes him A LOT! Out of all of the players we like, I think Hunter is the one in 4th place. They like him but I don't know if he's the best fit for what we do and I get the feel talking to my people and of course my guy, that he might not be as high as the others to us. That said, PHX likes him a lot. I strongly think he goes #6. Cleveland likes him more than Reddish but they like Culver the most. They too like us, aren't in love with these guys. They are in love with R.J. and they too like us think this is a deep draft. 

if schlenck wants dribble, pass, shoot I just don't think that is nas (now).  he is definitely an athletic specimen, has a high ceiling, and is a great and smart kid.  hope that atlanta takes a chance on at least a couple high ceiling wings.

55 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

how much better do you think reddish is vs the next tier?

16 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

You hearing anything about Sekou and where he might go? Hawks have interest at 10 or 8 if they move up? 

Not really. Washington is really on to him A LOT. Actually want him to not look into teams especially PHX. They want him. 

3 minutes ago, kerrypack said:

if schlenck wants dribble, pass, shoot I just don't think that is nas (now).  he is definitely an athletic specimen, has a high ceiling, and is a great and smart kid.  hope that atlanta takes a chance on at least a couple high ceiling wings.

Nas is two way player. That's also some of Travis's favorite players. Especially LP's. They just like Nas a lot. They think he can be a star. 

2 minutes ago, kerrypack said:

how much better do you think reddish is vs the next tier?

He is not better honestly. He just has the most talent and for us, he is the best fit. 

Nas is the most gifted with the highest ceiling in general. For us both him and Cam have very high ceilings. 

Hunter is the best two way player in the draft. Not PDS tho. 

Culver is the best PDS player in the draft and he is going to be a solid defender on the next level and some as a combo guard. 

In general, 

Cam is 6.5/8, for us 7.5/9.5

Nas is 6/9 for us, 6/9

Hunter is 7.5/8, for us, 7.5/8

Culver is 7/8.5 for us, 7.5/8.5 but he would rather be a 9 long term which I don't know is possible but it's likely not in Atlanta. He will have to make sacrifices. 

6 is lower end rotational piece (10th-12th man). (Kevin had a 6 coming from me). Omari had a 6 as well but Kevin had a 8.5 potential which I now think is 9 in our new system with Trae. Omari had a 7.5 and I have no reason to change it either. 

6.5 is mid tier rotational piece (7th-9th man)

7 is good bench player who can spot start. 

7.5 is decent starter, can help you win games. 

8 is high end role player who can play a key role (Danny Green). 

8.5 is a high end role player who in the right situation could make an all star team. (DeRozan, Lowry, Millsap)

9 is a lower in All Star level player and a player who helps you in the playoffs. (Al Horford, Kemba)

9.5 is a legit All Star and spot MVP candidate. (Prime Westbrook, PG13)

10 is a legit superstar. (Harden, Curry, Giannis)

HOF is a player that reached a level that players just can't reach (Durant, Leonard, LeBron, MJ, Kareem, Wilt, Russell)

Players fail and exceed expected results due to situation, work ethic, drive, will, opportunity and unexpected growth all of the time and fail as well vice versa. 

• Like 2

• Admin
41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Nas is two way player. That's also some of Travis's favorite players. Especially LP's. They just like Nas a lot. They think he can be a star. 

There is way more bust potential with Little then star.  His skill set is small as he can't shoot/dribble/pass.  I will agree that He is still learning and He is a good defender but his game has always been being the better athlete ... not the better player. 

He is years away from contributing.  It wasn't because of Cam Johnson that he couldn't get on the floor at UNC.  He just wasn't ready to play

I don't think he is a top 8 pick ...if Reddish/Hunter/Culver are gone then I hope we go Sekou.  

I am fine with Little at 17.

• Like 1

BSPN’s mock is just horrid. I bet that’s what they’d like us to do. 😂 I like Keldon but that’s at 17, not at 8 or 10.

So I was stuck in car yesterday for a few hours and happened to be listening to NBA radio and they talked about the draft for a few hours. The guests were Chris Beard and Tom Crean. Obviously you could expect Beard to talk up his own player and he did. There were a couple things that I have heard before and love about this kid.

1. He’s from Lubbock Texas. Born and raised. Guess who else is born in Lubbock? That’s right Trae! This is already a good story.

2. He lives in the gym. Fran Fraschilla was going on and on about it and Beard also mentioned that’s he’d be a guy that would play basketball for FREE because of the love of the game. They said he even goes to places like 24fit to get some shots up. I personally LOVE this. A dedicated dude.

Then they (Joel Meyers and Fran) mocked

#8- Goga Bitadze

#10- Rui Hachimura (whom Fran said had shoulders like the Empire State Building which made Joel giggle).

@kg01 Goga ur boy. They talked that kid uuuuppppp! I know Fran loves international prospects and that’s his thing and in usual fashion he loves Goga. Fran compared him to the likes of Jokic/Nurkic/Kanter etc. They said Goga was movin on up.

By the way, Joel Meyers said he yelled for a long time when the Pelicans won the first pick. Smug lil bastard. That woulda been me. 

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, I hear you.  Admittedly, Culver-sac does track to be more of a high-end roleplayer.  Yesterday, Fraschilla(sp?) on the NBARadio draft special broke down Culver and that's basically what he said.  Good athlete, not great athlete.  Sort of a jack of all trades, master of none.  Will be an excellent addition to any lockerroom, will be a hardworker, a pro from day 1.  But didn't see "star" in him.

I love the idea of adding a player like that but, as I said with Hunter, if "solid" is the best thing you can say about a guy he can't be my top-5 pick.

At this point, I'm ok with us shooting for Code Redd(ish).

For the purpose of screwing with you though, I'll keep pushing the Culver-sac narrative. 😏

The other thing Fraschilla said that caught my eye (or ear?) was that Goga is a true stretch-5 who's also a defensive presence.  I'm sold.

ETA: Also, I gotta say, I see rich man's MKG when I look at Little.

Oh sh!t I guess you heard it too. What are you a trucker? A trucker from the de sac? 😆 Dude that’s be a great tv reality show. Kg, the Hawks fan and trucker who lives in a white privileged neighborhood.

ps When did this Culver-sac thing start? I’m on the road for a day and u f*%#ckin the dude? 😐 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

There is way more bust potential with Little then star.  His skill set is small as he can't shoot/dribble/pass.  I will agree that He is still learning and He is a good defender but his game has always been being the better athlete ... not the better player. 

He is years away from contributing.  It wasn't because of Cam Johnson that he couldn't get on the floor at UNC.  He just wasn't ready to play

I don't think he is a top 8 pick ...if Reddish/Hunter/Culver are gone then I hope we go Sekou.  

I am fine with Little at 17.

I disagree. His skill-set isn't limited, its just lacking polish. 

He has the tools and athletic ability to do everything. 

I said this about Kevin that while he has the talent and potential to be a special two way player, he isn't consistent or good at anything outside of shooting at this time. 

As of today, he is decent at passing and attacking, pretty good at shooting and his defense is average which is excellent for a rookie on average. 

Give it some time. His potential is more real than Cam, Culver, and Hunter.

• Like 1

The fact that Nas got good minutes at UNC as a freshman should be a plus not a negative. 

The fact that he made the most of it without a clear defined role is also a plus.

Playing at UNC behind seniors probably stunted his growth as a wing.

I wish these big time recruits would go to schools that will develop them properly instead of buying into brands.

Nas is a top 5 pick if he went to a different school.